Adding RPG-elements to Horizons

User suggestions to improve the game

Adding RPG-elements to Horizons

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:56 pm

1. AVATAR STATS
Add an effect to avatar items, simulair to the potions we have. I catagorize the effects in 3 base stats:
- Intelligence (adds 1~3% to Exp.Points)
- Strength (adds 1~3% more FightMoney)
- Luck (adds 1~3% chance at a TreasureBattle)
So you can dress up your avatar to gain more TB's/Exp/FM for a battle. Ofcourse these bonus stats may not apply to every avatar item in the shop. It can be reserved for the Gran purchased, achievement and event items.
The clover accesory for instance could add +3% luck.

2. CHARACTER LVLING
A few underwhelming Characters can be 'level upped' by playing them. After an x-amount of battles they get a Skill/Trait unlocked.
It has to remain small and nothing gamebreaking. It will give a sense of progress and incentive to use these cards.
A Mizalio getting +1RNG Rankup, Renally might turn her Auto into a Start... that sort of stuff.

3. LOOT
Yes, loot. The chance of a PointCard, Special Avatar Pet/Assistant/Item, "FM bag", Potion, "Marketplace Ticket", TheaterSlot, etc. dropping after you've defeated an opponent. After the battle you can have a small animation (or image) of a treasure opening and the loot it contained inside.

4. RANDOM BOSSFIGHTS
Add a few NPC's in the arena's like Batora. Think of a BKR NPC popping up, shouting about not wondering off into his forest. Background is a deep forest and the battle ensues.

5. DIALOGUES
Hopefully there's still Character dialogues between eachother. The A:H demo shows us some different dialogues in story mode aswell. It could be fun if some characters get their own moments. Like when Silver Sun Verlaat gets to revive a friendly unit for instance.

If you have your own ideas how to add more RPG elements into the game, please share them! Can you come up with more Loot or Avatar effects (like adding a % ontop of your weekly gran?) or you disagree with some ideas, let me know!~
angelspawns

Re: Adding RPG-elements to Horizons

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 pm

I just passed level 280 and I know I will be capped at 300 so that's only 2 more 5* cards :cry:

In the past getting level up cards has been a major incentive for me too play so much. The old UD also used to get me grinding, and as we all know numbers in the arena are very thin. So this would be the sort of thing I would enjoy. I am also looking forward to a grindable story mode with rewards. Such a mode would give much needed relief from the main arena which at times can feel positively incestuous!

I think the ideas you have outlined are solid and certainly work in other games that I have played.

As for my own ideas? Well, have to think on that. ;th2
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Khiruki » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:12 am

I am absolutely against individual cards leveling up. It's a terrible idea, and just makes things harder on nubbies, as they aren't even using the same cards as veterans.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Jazzock » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 am

I said this in chat, but I support everything here, except the individual cards leveling up. On that topic i agree with ruki.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby NitroDino » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 am

Khiruki wrote:I am absolutely against individual cards leveling up. It's a terrible idea, and just makes things harder on nubbies, as they aren't even using the same cards as veterans.

+1
NitroDino

Postby angelspawns » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Damn... double post... o.O
Last edited by angelspawns on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby angelspawns » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:50 pm

The Character Lvlup idea seems to be on its way to get devoted. To bad since I was kinda fond of it, as i like some incentive to play gimmicky/weird/underpowered cards. ((you can tell by how this isn't the first time i throw it out there)) Ofcourse i can always look into other directions to achieve that, which i'm sure we all can. I miss underdog achievement... gotta stay strong and see what a:h brings tho before complaining...

So how about the other ideas? Any points of criticism or improvements? I would love to see if we can refine some ideas. ;/
angelspawns

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:38 pm

I thought Batora was a farce. I never faced the file and those that seemed manically chasing it just quit to me as soon as they saw it was not Batora.
Ok, so I did get to level up a bit but that is not the point. Needs to be a penalty for quitting during this event.

The way Batora is telegraphed is it's biggest downfall. So I would like to see stuff come totally out of the blue. Another God or a Boss that is trigger by your progression in the story mode? Something that just appears only a few times a week. That way you may know the file that is gonna hit you, but you never know quite when. So any reward will be given to you or this also could be made up with collected wins by other players? I'm not sure just thinking aloud. You said you wanted a brain storm.

Some of the arena regulars I believe could play a part like this very well. Ok some of them need to stop being potty mouths and maybe read William Shakespeare.
And if a player was to be elevated to this position I think that is all they should do. I don't want to see them grinding for a silver stars or guild points.
Just give them jobs as Bosses Gods or whatever. The reward would be to help in the design, and kudos of it all. Nothing stopping them from running guilds or contributing to the forums.

One of the biggest factors would be having the right personality for it.

Here is a link to a thread Gabothepainintherear posted viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14618
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau