Make Pirates "Subtype: 1"

User suggestions to improve the game

Make Pirates "Subtype: 1"

Postby sunbunman » Tue May 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Okay, so as of now, Pirates are subtype: 2 and to me this makes no sense since, like barbarians they're a whole different race with their own factional organisation and such.

The main reasoning behind this is that all the current pirates should have a subtype 2, that would allow for more interactions with grims/units from other sphere.

lackey - warrior
Dub/Reia - Royalty
Plunderer - adventurer
The new gunner pirate from the coming set - gunner

They have their own subtype field buffing, which is more flavorful within subtype 1 than subtype 2, not to mention dub's auto and there is no way they'd be allying themselves with any of the other subtype 1s, cause you know pirates.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Re: Make Pirates "Subtype: 1"

Postby Jazzock » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:42 am

Late, but +1...I keep thinking they are subtype 1...

Also, it kinda makes more sense as we move along in the sets and more pirate-themed cards become available, with the exception of MD -pirate- (but hey, MD lycan isn't subtyped lycan either...) The pirate subtype in A2 is removed, despite the fact there's like 20 or so pirate themed cards... And pirates do kinda end up working together in the lore anyway, even if it is only for money :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby NitroDino » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 pm

No because pirates are not a faction or race.
NitroDino

Postby sunbunman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:37 am

NitroDino wrote:No because pirates are not a faction or race.

I would argue that Pirates are a race/faction in the sense that they are an groups of smaller societies in the form of crews that partake in piracy that is by far a culture to them by now in addition to making ends meet. Anyways its not like there wouldn't be gathering of pirates since honestly they are humans, and as such they can't live on the sea indefinitely. There's a pirate island out there akin to tortuga or port royal in pirates of the carribean, there has to be >_>
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby gabotheplaya » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 am

i've had plenty of lore discussions with Jizzu... all of which are summed up as:
Jazzock: listen dammit! this is important!
Gabo: nope.

Its a game and i know they "can" do it since its been done before (if forget who but someone got type changed before i'm sure of it) so when horizons sprouts and they can mess with the code better then i see no "reasonable" excuse not to make this happen with respect to the game's mechanics and meta dynamics... lore however... i think is useless and people think i'm wrong for it.

I'm a Dark Souls lover baby! Lore means jack sh!t!
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Khiruki » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:06 pm

No.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 am

Let me rephrase buns suggestion in a bit more general way:

How is it fair that some field oriented cards - sometimes even standalone units - can recieve, beyond the standard insphere and lvl dependent generic support, support from 2 subtypes, sometimes even specific off sphere support, while others can't. And tightly connected also the question appears why subtypes have so different values? Beyond the 4 big nations which is understandable why are some subtypes nothing more but a description for the card while others are garant for strong buffs and a successful integration to a deck (or several decks) as optinon?
Or to translate for the card point system fanatics: What is the point value for each subtype and are we even when those values are added the card?

Synergy plays an important role in the game,and its a huge difference whether a card works with 5 or 20 other cards (be it a buff, be it a strategy support or covering weakness and so on). It is a difference because it can impact the adaptability of the card/deck to the environment, which again will impact the viability of your deck (and the value of the used cards in it).

Nobody talks here about a direct buff to pirates, they are pretty decent. This is a discussion about the role and value of subtypes.
Anima13

Postby Callonia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:52 am

Pirates is already nice, only reason they're not more better is because of the existence of return style grimiores in falkow. Diondora, etc.
And then pirates already have that spdrainer and spstealer cards..

Idk, maybe balancing team kinda wanna their enemies to hit the pirates at least once to activate the SS card which do 40 damage and -1 sp next turn.
Callonia

Postby Khiruki » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:37 pm

The second subtype is like an RPG character's job/class. Pirate is their Job/Class, so it's a second subtype. They are not a race/nation, actually, as Reia only robs other pirates.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau