What are fair sales?

User suggestions to improve the game

What are fair sales?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Okay so Alteil LOVES selling cards, but hates selling files that you can fight in folrart with. We get all these strange sale promotions like "Slot Packs!" or "Rarity up lotto!!"

Let's say you get some of these sweet lotto packs with GUARANTEED 3 STARS :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Okay so you just blew 1000 gran... What do you get?
- Falkow Pike
- Soul Return
- Disjunction
- Aegis
- Elaice
- XXXX
- Sacrifice

Hmm... What can you possibly do with these cards? Look at them?

Anyway, other games have nice systems. Like in League of Legends I can pay like $10 to basically play like any character I want in the game. Seems fair. Here in Alteil... how much do decent files cost?

I mean for the privilege of playing a file like Monsters, or Martial Artists, or Magic Dolls... You have to pay like what? At least $50?

So I have a few questions...

1) What should be the goal of a "sale"? Is it A) To give you random cards, or B) To give you files you can play with?
2) How much is a reasonable price to charge to play a file? Personally, I'd say you could charge people like $20 to get basic files like WK, Monsters, Undead etc. And then up the scale up to like $50-200 or maybe a little more for the high class top meta files. Doesn't this sound reasonable?

I just don't understand why the sales they give, and the starter files and "sales" they have all discourage people from actually playing the game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: What are fair sales?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Like this is my idea of a good sale:

BIG LAWTIA FOCUS PACK!!

- Small chance to get Zu or Zalzagul!
- Decent change to get cool rares like Phimiliar, Soul Return, Dical, Dalos, Gaeshart!
- Lots of essential commons like Night Wing Wyvern, Soul Pact, and Dragon of the Mercurial Night!

But instead the people in charge of selling the cards keep making incompetent decisions coming up with silly sales that just anger their customers.

With all due respent... WTF?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Don't this more or less called faction pack?
Except your idea have more rare card and useful card inside.
And yeah... I'm already started to miss some of the faction pack, or new pre-built file.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby psylensse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:49 pm

some random thoughts that i think are sort of loosely related to the thread theme:

1) $15 seems like a good price point for prebuilts, although realistically probably a higher number will satisfy all parties. i think they should have more available at any given time though; 12 really good pre-builts in the shop at a given time might mean more variety in folrart. also, it gets stale for a player to use the same file over and over. they might (?) be more enticed to pick up one or two other prebuilts for their own sake. hence more sales overall.

2) packs. seems like packs have some historical grounds as to why they exist - it's just always been done that way. go to walmart, buy a pack of MtG, Pokemon, whatever, hope. not in the interest of the buyer, definitely in the interest of the company. why sell cheap prebuilts if they can just force the player to buy large numbers of packs to achieve the same goal? again, probably need to up the price of prebuilts or else it could be bad from the business standpoint of things.

3) too many above average players in folrart. this may seem unrelated but - if there were a pool of just casual noob-y players, then yeah, random cards from packs and lottery could be much more playable. i'd play with one or two copies with cards for the heck of it - Inzhagi seems cool but I've only got one of him, but whatever, or i just got this brand new Aliria from the lotto and i want to use it just because I like the art, etc. i see people at work playing Words with friends or Chess with friends with no skill level whatsoever. who cares? no one using those apps are really that good anyway. we just want to spell "OXYGEN" because it looks cool, regardless of strategy. someone was playing a poor man's morning lycans in folrart with flag bearer, hanuman and angel and that was all the morning lycans he had. good for him; i wish i had the chutzpah to just throw out an incomplete deck and still have fun with it. i hope he was having fun. in short, don't know that packs/lotto are inherently bad; just in the current environment of crest/folrart dichotomy, it makes no sense. but they could in fact be quite good and worthwhile.

4) faction packs; probably the best compromise - offer a reasonable price for focus, but still require players to gamble a bit of money on it. $2.50 a pack (i.e. $10 for 4 packs) is where my price is; but that might be out of touch with reality, i'm not sure.
Phellitiest (spambot) wrote:My personal relative delights in frogs.
psylensse

Postby Spears » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 pm

How many decent filetypes are there. Not variants but types.
Spears

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Spears wrote:How many decent filetypes are there. Not variants but types.

I think at least 25. I mean just looking at Lawtia... There are a few versions of 2's rushes you could run, Dolls (CMD, REG), undeads, crest, various forms of mid/big lawtia. Then there are some smaller subtypes like dogs and assassins. Then you can also branch off into things like SP Drain Lawt or crest spy etc.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm

What about the refess ones? Just seems like SK would be only thing besides carbuncles.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Anima13 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:45 pm

I dont really mind that rare cards like lets say 3* and upwards are hard to get and that randomization is added there. Its ok they are rare, they should be hard to get.
faction/sphere packs/prebuilds are there to help out a bit. and you can also try to collect pointcards. (PS: I also find it very nice that the EX lotto is now repeatedly sorted by spheres)
I can completly understand that it would be nice to have more of them and maybe reasonable, on the other side If the price lowers the power creep in folrart could raise a lot(ahm this can be also good, I dont know...).

But I do care that so many of the 1 and 2 ** with a joke recycle value are so damn hard to get. Plenty of the low rarity cards can offer you a lot especially if you started the game.
Noone wants to spend pointcards on low rarity. Being able to pinpoint some of them would be very nice. Even if its just a quest every week or it cost you 20 gran I wouldnt really care you could upgrade any starter file with high effeciency. Gosh there wouldnt be even a need for changing the current starter files under that condition.
Just take a look how many ppl will buy that common pack for 300 gran and make your own calculation.
Anima13

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:56 pm

GOSCAR wrote:What about the refess ones? Just seems like SK would be only thing besides carbuncles.

Big reff, mid reff, and reff rush are all pretty nice. They require some 5* though.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Well meta files in other games like yu gi oh cost as much as 300 dollars I think. So relatively meta files are about on par with the standard. Mainly just wondering what people expect to get out of every 20 dollars or so you spend. Cause in other games spending 20-30 bucks can get you a lot of stuff. Here you can easily spend 30 bucks and get practically nothing that you can actually play the game with. Its gotten better like with the pre builts, but still.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau