What are fair sales?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: What are fair sales?

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm

What we are missing is targeted spending. Note that everything you mention as good is something that targets cards (EX, faction packs, premades).

We also don't know ANY rarities. in MtG (for example) you know exactly what chance you've got at getting a card (or can easily calculate it). In Alteil we have a general idea at best. This means you have no idea how much up the rarity is... but taht's alright, you have no idea how much your gran is actually worth anyway. In the lottery, you can sit down and calculate your chances. ALTEIL IS WORSE THAN THE LOTTERY. I mean... that's pretty low. Gives a very dishonest impression. You can absolutely NOT call this a fair sale.

I kinda feel like the recycle values shoot alteil in the foot, since this means they just can't raise CPC any higher because it would lead to infinite loops.

I would really like some stuff like "card of the day". This was a suggestion, basically putting up a random card every day for its recycle cost (or recycle costx2 or something along that lines) into the shop.
LoneKnight

Postby fargone » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:11 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well meta files in other games like yu gi oh cost as much as 300 dollars I think. So relatively meta files are about on par with the standard. Mainly just wondering what people expect to get out of every 20 dollars or so you spend. Cause in other games spending 20-30 bucks can get you a lot of stuff. Here you can easily spend 30 bucks and get practically nothing that you can actually play the game with. Its gotten better like with the pre builts, but still.

Careful gon, that brick wall will hurt your head. I have been on this campaign for over a year now, and while I do see some very nice deals appearing at blue moon intervals, sadly they are pretty much all in response to poor marketing and mistakes in the first place - see the new bundle released in lieu of fixing the ex boxes.

If only the "people in power" (I use this term loosely, as everytime I ask a hard question, all I get is, "I have to ask JP... they are on holiday or haven't responded (yes, I see through this like people see through glass)) would actually work out that people shouldn't have to pay 100's or 1000's fo dollars to play their game.

If you want to compare yu-gi-oh top tier file costing $300, then I think to be fair you should also point out that you can win your money back with that file. Then when you are finished with it, you can sell it again for $300. Alteil simply can not compare its prices with other TCG's because of its lack of trade. To ignore that fact is to simply bury your head in your ****.

Faction packs are NOT the solution at those prices. Premade file are great - more of them would be handy. That is to say more defined packs and less dimished returns (fix it so there are NO dimished returns and stop stealing our money). You can't justify giving up more copies of a card then we need than tell us we can't trade.

The real error the people who make these decisions have made is thinking that this is a CCG. While it functions like one, the only real function it has that is the same is dimishing returns. See, with a CCG, you actually get something you can collect. Now I am only saying this so ppl high up can't continue to plead ignorance.. Alteil niether gives you a collection of anything (they will NOT let you resell, so you dont actually own anything) nor does it let you trade. Therefore, it is using the guise of being a CCG while really simply overcharging you for the priviledge of playing their card based COMPUTER GAME. I cant stress enough that this game is purely digital - it is not really a card game.

Now my head is sore again. Damn this wall of ignorance. Damn those deaf ears... And damn the inaction of those who run this game allowing it to still have the same issue it had 3 years ago. You can replace the word damn with any number of swear words there, depending your feeling at the time.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Well fargone its not logress fault he doesn't set the prices. It must be someone higher up the food chain making the bad decisions.

I just meant to ask what people expect to get for like a set amount of money. Like Fargone what would you expect to get for like 40 bucks?

I think if someone pays 100 dollars they should be allowed to play at least like 3 or 4 decent playable files. I mean that's reasonable... Right?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Logress wrote:Working on it... trying to make a pretty big change to the way starters work for new users and how they help people learn (it will make sense when you see it)... anyway, it'll take a while, at least another month.

what if there were starter "options" so it at least resolves the issue of diversity... that lack certain high rarity cards that you'd have to buy packs for? in which case, you'd need to "pinpoint" only certain cards to make the file folart competitive still making you want to shell out some dough. like a mid lawt with no zug so you'd hunt down the pack?

we'd all be given starter switchers and its like picking your class in an MMORPG.

i must be insane... i'm talking nonsense... this'll never work.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Johnjo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

I do feel like i paid a lot for a bunch of pixels. It would be nice if buyers could get something like posters or an artbook. I'd be more happy with that than a playable file XD
Johnjo

Postby fargone » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:06 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well fargone its not logress fault he doesn't set the prices. It must be someone higher up the food chain making the bad decisions.

Yeah yeah, Logress is responsible for nothing and most often gives no answers of his own... heard it all before. Its amazing though how quickly he is able to get things done when he feels its important though. See 300 gran commons pack as an example.

Sorry, but Im a bit over ppl in this game hiding behind the invisible skirt that is "the higher ups." If you put yourself in teh place of running the show, then take responsibility for the show. Some say "man up"... Im saying, "Do your job, if that means getting answers from people who can actually give them, then do it." Its not that cold in your office - you dont need to sit on your hands.

Logress IS reponsible for this game. The GMs ARE responsible for this game. Quite frankly Im bored with the illusory skirts ppl keeping hiding behind - there is no honour in that.

GonFreeces31 wrote:I just meant to ask what people expect to get for like a set amount of money. Like Fargone what would you expect to get for like 40 bucks?

I think if someone pays 100 dollars they should be allowed to play at least like 3 or 4 decent playable files. I mean that's reasonable... Right?

To be fair to the game and its players, I honestly feel each set could be considered an expansion for a computer game and therefore sell for around $40 each. Note that would still make this an expensive game overall ($360 plus ex cards) if you want the complete game, or "any file" option, but would make it a lot easier to swallow for players in the long term, and even for newer players to expand on their free (starter) cards.

Im sure there is someone somewhere laughing at that number. I am also sure there are a number of game developers that would be happy to be able to sell their product at those prices - especially to a market that is inclined to purchase your product many times over.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Gota » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 am

So even Gon snapped, about time.
I think the main reason we are not getting change is because the people in the higher ups (People in Japan) are not hearing our feed backs and suggestions.
I mean, look at Alteil jp, they know how hard it is to collect 3x copies of cards, and so they have ways to easier collect 3x copies such as their better pt card system, I'm sure they did that because of player feedback that they read on their forums and such.
Compared to our point cards, theirs is better 10fold. I think they leave us as is because they can't hear our voices and think that we are completely OK with everything on the US version.

But here, the only ones able to read our feedback is our GMs, but they are 'powerless' to implement any sort of change, they HAVE to go through to the Japanese staff to get anything done which has some flaws.
1) Time, it takes a considerably larger amounts of time to get anything done when more people are involved, especially since there is probably language barriers between the US and JP staff.
2) This one might just be in my head, or an assumption, but I believe its a valid one. I believe that our GMs are not relaying our suggestions and feedbacks to the JP staff on our most ongoing fight for better purchasing options and CPC. Now I know they did for the Exclusion EX half box, and the recent EX pack thingy, BUT that just reinforces this point even more. It means that the JP staff IS willing to hear us out, IS understanding our situation AS LONG AS THEY WERE INFORMED OF IT. Both times, they reacted quick and fairly.

Now what this means is that the JP staff IS willing to listen to our suggestions and feedbacks to our frustrations, however with an ongoing complaint about the CPC and purchasing options of how many years now? I don't even know, I lost count! I am not so sure if they were even informed of how BAD our purchasing options are and how UPSET we are at it.

If I could, I wish I could translate all my suggestion threads that I've typed and just slap it on the JP staff's desk and get a response from them about it, that would be the biggest enlightenment to all of us I believe about what the heck is going on in their silly little heads about their business module.
Last edited by Gota on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:52 am

I had a feeling you'd respond to this Gota!

Let's just start trolling all their "sales" till no one buys them. I swear I've never heard of so many people feeling like they get ripped off as much as this game. It's just a dam shame so many people get discouraged from playing from the ridiculous costs.

It's just a bunch of BS and whenever I seriously think about it I just get mad.

So who's down to start trolling all their "good" sales? I know Rom is always down to laugh at them at least!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Gota » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:59 am

As you probably read, I've moved on to play the pokemontcg online, having a blast there even tho its still in beta. Once they work out all the bugs and stuff it will be even better. They've got trading which has great benefits all around (good for community, good cpc, makes the population high in numbers, etc) There are actually reasons to make friends and be in clans. Aside from performance of the game itself (like spectating features/bugfree/lagfree---which could all be implemented and fixed for pkmn) Alteil really fails compared to it because they failed at the core, which is the purchasing of cards.

Everything else is just icing on the cake that can be tweaked and implemented by any card game. The cpc of the game is the core which you can't **** up on because it determines your playerbase and what type of audience your game will attract, and Alteil just fks that up big time thus killing its playerbase numbers from the get go, then failing to make any changes to help the cause just puts the nail in the coffin.

Pkmn tcg online has a good core right now but a bad outer shell (lag/bugs/extra features), but that could be fixed in due time.
Alteil on the other hand, has a bad core but a good outer shell. Its attractive on the outside, but once you bite into it, you'll be disgusted, and no, this bad core is not going to change ever, its not changed for 3 years now? has it been 3? anyways, point is it wont change. So better put that apple down before you get sick from biting too far into it. I've dropped this bad apple, held it for farrrr too long hoping that it would change, its too bad, this apple had potential.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Savin877 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:50 am

Sword Girls online beta in October. Im sure a few of us will give that a shot. And if it's good, who knows. New game for some of us I suppose. About time.
Savin877

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau