Sale of Individual Cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Sale of Individual Cards

Postby dragonkin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:48 am

Part of the allure of card games like this is coming up with your own strategies and customising your deck to fit your play style. Playing with the starters is fun for a while but it gets a bit stale esp once you hit folrart and start losing big time to ppl who have better cards. I've spent about $30, not much, but enough to know that I will have to spend a LOT more to get the cards I want. And I'm just talking about 1-3* cards here. At least in MtG you could trade to get the common/uncommons you want easily. Here you might have to spend $200 just to get three 1* cards if you're unlucky, which is ridiculous!

To make up for not being able to trade, I strongly think that Alteil should have 1-3* cards for individual sale. or at LEAST 1-2* cards. Booster packs will still remain relevant for the rare cards so it should not affect their revenue while remaining fair to majority of the player base. To make my point I will stop playing until I hear some news of this....
dragonkin

Re: Sale of Individual Cards

Postby Nehless » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 am

The prospect of buying cards in a booster isn't so bad. Boosters just boost your artillery... but sometimes you want a main focus on where you want to boost your power. I suggest the idea of purchasing from specific colors. This way, you know you're going to get something you need from that sphere of influence :)
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby dragonkin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:03 am

i'm all for being able to purchase booster packs of a certain colour too. ;th2
dragonkin

Postby Grain » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 am

dragonkin wrote:Part of the allure of card games like this is coming up with your own strategies and customising your deck to fit your play style. Playing with the starters is fun for a while but it gets a bit stale esp once you hit folrart and start losing big time to ppl who have better cards. I've spent about $30, not much, but enough to know that I will have to spend a LOT more to get the cards I want. And I'm just talking about 1-3* cards here. At least in MtG you could trade to get the common/uncommons you want easily. Here you might have to spend $200 just to get three 1* cards if you're unlucky, which is ridiculous!

To make up for not being able to trade, I strongly think that Alteil should have 1-3* cards for individual sale. or at LEAST 1-2* cards. Booster packs will still remain relevant for the rare cards so it should not affect their revenue while remaining fair to majority of the player base. To make my point I will stop playing until I hear some news of this....

1 and 2 star cards is fine.

No 3 stars. 3 stars is rare.

There shouldn't be any single sphere booster packs until there are at least 100 cards of each sphere (the number of cards the game first started with).
Grain

Postby Nehless » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:36 am

I agree with the 1-2 star statement. Give a bit of legroom for the guys coming up to Folrat or make some changes in Crest!
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Then your problem lies in the starter areas where new players that cant afford to buy credits to buy even certain cards, get stomped. Maybe make it so at level 10 you can buy cards from 1-3*'s 1* cards would cost you like 100 gran 2*'s 200gran and 3*400 gran... Each.
Forsakensoul

Postby jasta85 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm

how about single color boosters that can be bought once you graduate from crest and contain mostly 1-2 stars but have a chance (about the same chance of getting a 4 or 5 star card in a normal booster) of getting a 3 star card. this would make me very happy, the last box i bought gave me maybe 6 or 7 cards i didnt have and pretty much all the rest were ones i already had 3 of, i dont plan on buying anymore boxes till the next set comes out just cause i'll probably end up having to recycle most of the cards i get.
jasta85

Postby Grain » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:40 pm

jasta85 wrote:how about single color boosters that can be bought once you graduate from crest and contain mostly 1-2 stars but have a chance (about the same chance of getting a 4 or 5 star card in a normal booster) of getting a 3 star card. this would make me very happy, the last box i bought gave me maybe 6 or 7 cards i didnt have and pretty much all the rest were ones i already had 3 of, i dont plan on buying anymore boxes till the next set comes out just cause i'll probably end up having to recycle most of the cards i get.

Sure, once there are 100 cards for each sphere.
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 pm

This has been suggested so many times, like any other suggestion that everyone who starts playing wishes to see implemented. BUT! if you will just wait until something happens i guarantee you, by the time it gets implemented you probably you lost interest in this game and already found another game, so you wouldn't want to return. ;[

And i have to agree with everyone else, it's ok if they add sphere booster packs and/or individual card store right now. It wouldn't affect the game in a bad ways, since cards are hard to get anyway. It would rather make more people drop some cash.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Porky » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 am

Don't hold your breaths, remember guys, Logress stated that the Japanese company/developers want data and proof, none of our suggestions will be implemented without evidence and data. Which I'm not sure how they'll go about unless people specifically input a deposit or something for the system.

So yeah, I would love the purhcase of individual cards but I doubt it'll happen.
Last edited by Porky on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau