Sale of Individual Cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Sale of Individual Cards

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 am

The problem with purchasing low rarity cards is that you still need to get the high rarity cards through packs.

Which entails running into low rarity cards.

See a problem here?
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:50 am

Porky wrote:Don't hold you breaths, remember guys, Logress stated that the Japanese company/developers want data and proof, none of our suggestions will be implemented without evidence and data. Which I'm not sure how they'll go about unless people specifically input a deposit or something for the system.

So they want all sorts of information they can get, then we just have to tell what's bothering everyone. If everyone wants some changes like this, then thats also information that shows these changes are desperately wanted. In any case there can be similar changes without problems. The information they already got is that this way things just don't work very well. :/

You always gather data, but you dont wait with your hands in your pockets. While researching something the best solution won't just pop up followed by a great exclamation mark.

They dont even have to implement these features right away, they can just test them. They could test these ideas under the form of events and see what happens. From the non-paying players bet there is a bunch that always wanted certain cards ... Those cards won't be enough, once you get a nice card, even if you have 3 copies of it, you still want more, so i don't think anyone would stop there ...

I dont really have to explain all this, they know for themselves what people want, but i am sure you all know exactly what they want to acomplish by waiting and it's not mostly for gathering data.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:56 am

Porky wrote:Don't hold your breaths, remember guys, Logress stated that the Japanese company/developers want data and proof, none of our suggestions will be implemented without evidence and data. Which I'm not sure how they'll go about unless people specifically input a deposit or something for the system.

So yeah, I would love the purhcase of individual cards but I doubt it'll happen.

Who actually expects these wishful thinking threads to come true?
Grain

Postby Porky » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 am

Well the OP that seems to be on strike for one=/
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby dragonkin » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 pm

Well its frustrating to have a strat in mind, but you're forced to make do with what you have. The inability to trade and the lack of choices when it comes to buying cards makes it really hard build your deck the way you want. Why am I forced to buy cards of a sphere which I do not use? I almost see it as a scam and really unfair to players who don't have loads of money to blow.

If the devs want data, how about a poll or something? I'll bet it'll keep more players interested and games more varied. Maybe even bring in more revenue that way.
dragonkin

Postby Grain » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:02 pm

dragonkin wrote:If the devs want data, how about a poll or something? I'll bet it'll keep more players interested and games more varied. Maybe even bring in more revenue that way.

Lots of people

At least from what I've observed

Play the game

And

Only play the game
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:01 pm

The problem is not if anyone belives the changes are going to happen or not. You cant predict what they are going to do and when.
The real question is, will they make decent changes in time?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Nehless » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:45 pm

They will, I mean there are still several games out there with constant updates. The management for instance, international Ragnarok Online, has been really bad for the past 3-4 years. It's just recently that they've stepped up their game and changed their methods to increase money flow and game enjoyment.

I want to believe in the management of Alteil. They've been so welcoming and helpful to the community. Sure there have been some disdaining things with the card purchases and such. But this game is a business, it needs funds to support it's servers, employees, and other misc items. Best way to improve efficiency is just to run tests and put in suggestions. They go a long way for the support of the Alteil team!
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby lupos » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:13 pm

dragonkin wrote:Well its frustrating to have a strat in mind, but you're forced to make do with what you have.

You know that scene in Indiana Jones when he comes out and theres the dude with the sword swinging like nuts and for a brief second Indy panics and is like "darn, wish I had a sword". Then he goes, wait a second, I've got a gun, and just shoots the dude. Everyone loves that, not just because it's funny, but because it's the reasonable thing to do, which so rarely happens in action movies (like the new Indy for example). What's my point? Stop wishing for a sword. You can buy a sword. but if you don't feel like buying a sword, try and figure out what your best course of action is with what you have. Maybe you still won't get incredible win %'s, but you'll feel good about yourself when you do do well. Not to sound to cheesy here but, where's the fun in getting exactly what you want? If you have what you think would be a great strat but you don't have the cards for it, share it in the forum. Let somebody else try it. Then go back to your cards, and try and think of something clever with what you have. I know this may sound a bit callous, since I'm supposed to be nice to our users, but I just can't feel bad for someone who seems to want to have something handed to them. This isn't chess. Everyone isn't going to always be on a level playing field. But half the fun of being the little guy is beating the big guy every once in a while. They don't make movies about all the times the British or Roman empires beat up and took over some tiny country. They make movies about the few times small armies stood strong and used their heads and their determination in the face of insurmountable odds. Braveheart? 300? Heck in both cases the main guy ends up dead, but they both go out honorably in a blaze of glory. Not sitting the battle out, complaining how they don't have enough armored cavalry.

I'm not trying to pick on you specifically as you're not the first to have this sentiment but, if you don't like the challenge of trying to make due with the hand your dealt, then perhaps card games aren't your bag?
lupos
Site Admin

Postby LegendsEnd » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:23 pm

I would have to agree with lupos here. Games are about having fun, and when you become frustrated with one, the best thing to do is just not play for awhile. Obviously your dream deck can't just be handed out, so just play MM a a bit and enjoy other entertainment outside of Alteil. Perhaps another TCG where you can build your deck by buying singles, to get that out of your system and come back to try Alteil again.
LegendsEnd

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau