Sale of Individual Cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Sale of Individual Cards

Postby LegendsEnd » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:20 pm

That is what I'm doing lol. I log in every week for 1-2 games for weekly gran and play MM.

As for 20/300, I exaggerated to get the point across, but if you were using the refess starter in Folrart, I would not doubt seeing a 30-40/200 record. You can be the best Alteil player in the world and still not get very far. Cards go a long way to help and keeps the game fresh.
LegendsEnd

Postby Illyasviel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Well, for what it's worth, I have every intention of losing every single game I'm in in Folrart. Not by giving up, I'll try. But I would rather lose horribly with my own unique file, then occasionally win with the same boring thing everyone else uses. So I'll never get Treasure Battle cards, and level up cards will be really, really rare, but I'm okay with that. I think I'll take pride in getting my RP down to 0.

To help take the sting out of being a 'perennial loser', I only play one to three games a day. And I consider a different level of winning and losing. If I don't quit, I consider it a win. If I actually win the duel, that's an unexpected bonus far beyond actually winning. Hey, someone's got to feed the paying players some easy wins, right?

(My current deck has one twice in the past week and a half. Once from disconnect, once from the other person giving me a pity win.)

((Now, if I somehow knew I'd never get an Annarose card, that would probably make me quit...))
Illyasviel

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

That is what I'm doing lol. I log in every week for 1-2 games for weekly gran and play MM.

Actualy i said, you can just drop it and quit that way.

Legends, are you refess? In that case, ya you need few good cards, but remember there are few good refess (with low level unit decks) in florart that manage to win a good amount of their games.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby LegendsEnd » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:02 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Actualy i said, you can just drop it and quit that way.

But I do want to play a few games a week...

Peralisc2 wrote:why do you have to discourage playing? guess you are free to say "if you play without paying you are an idiot" around here ...

why do you have to discourage playing?
LegendsEnd

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 pm

What a hypocrite you are and instead of repeating my question, you could answer it. I only discourage grinding, which implies waiting for a wonder instead of trying something and damn i already told you its much more worth playing than to wait.

Also while you grind i dont think you play any more than 1 game / week so you dont reach florart too fast. So stop your hypocrisy right there. :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Kamerynn » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am

This is the first time someone has done a good job of drawing out the expected effects of trading, in my opinion. I'd like to respond to some of the points made by Logress, here.

Logress:
-Free players would be even more like second class citizens, not being able to trade.

Kam:
For the most part, this seems true. However, as noted below, people who spend a little will have a lot more options. In other words, trading would provide an incentive for people to spend a little whereas, right now, buying just one box won't likely do much for a player. So, I believe trading would result in there being less players who spend nothing. A great deal of us don't spend only because one box won't do much for us, if it does anything at all. On that note, I'd like to say that I'm considering spending $8 on two more EX packs - the first cash I've ever spent here. It's because the EX packs are color specific and I already know which cards I'm getting... ones that I want. So... there are clearly other ways to get us to spend a little aside from implementing trading. Color specific boosters still looks like a good idea to me.

Logress
-"Veteran" free players who've been around for a long time and slowly accumulated their cards may become extinct.

Kam:
I'm not sure why you believe this to be the case. I'm a vet. free player - I have one fenrir, a succubus, etc., and I play gowan. With the implementation of trading, I'd be able to get rid of all my decent cards in other spheres that I'll never use for good gowan cards. I see no disadvantage for Vet. free players, here, or any veteran players, for that matter - even people who have spent a lot of cash. The more cards one has accumulated, the more trading power one has.

Logress:
-People who buy a little will have a lot more options open to them. They may not find it much easier to build on-meta decks, though.

-People who want to have complete collections will find it A LOT easier. (note, as we have said many times, we recognize that it's too difficult even for a wealthy collector to get complete sets right now, and we have been working on it. As great as it is for our cashflow when someone gets really frustrated at having 3 of every card except one of his rarity 5's which he only has 2 of and flips out and buys 30 boxes trying to get that one last card, we understand if that happens every expansion our users' minds will eventually snap like twigs and they will hunt us down and kill us in some grusome way involving a bag of rusty nails, a . We have approval to do a Point Card system to alleviate this, and it will be implemented as soon as we can iron out the details -- before set 3, at least.)

Kam:
It's good to hear that there is a solution for those who want to collect certain cards without spending an incredible amount of cash. Of course, if it works out, there's even less of a chance that trading will be implemented; one of the problems that trading solves will no longer be a problem. I'm not sure what the point card system will do for people who may want to buy a box but are scared of not getting the cards they want, hence wasting their money (I fall into this category). I can't wait to see more details on this new point card system.
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Postby Logress » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am

My note on "vet" free players becoming extinct was my assumption, (possibly incorrect) that the amount of free cards available by whatever methods would decrease if there was a trading system.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Zanador » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Also, as you said Kamerynn, with trading included some of the veteran free players would buy a box, and by that the would cease to be free players. : ) (i will be nice and leave my pessimistic comments now, they dont have much basis anyway)

The only thing that really makes me worried about this all is the fact that it will change the current structure of the "in game community". I mean that there are free players now and players who paid. Paying does give some andvantage and diversity, but since regardless of the money, a newcommer wont beat a veteran player, it doesnt have much effect on the natural experience based strength (experience != exp now). As i predict trading would have either no effect at all or have so much that this dual-structure would be completly changed. I cant tell if it would be in a good or a bad way, but to think that this will be as little as "i might buy a few cards then trade the ones i dont need" is a bit underestimating the situation. : )

A bit of expanation about the way im thinking: My first idea: nice, players with many cards bound to have some they will trade away, by this i could get some fun combinations.. as someone who cant pay, my collection wouldnt change much, but getting something like the 3rd Fenrir would allow me to try a mixed speed deck of falkow and lawtia. On the wide scale, it would mean that more players would get good, but somehow not popular cards, and that means great diversity, and that would be fun.
On the other hand, most players would just go for getting the already popular cards from players of another sphere, who dont use them. And this would mean the least possible diversity (sure, the gameplay and the skills of each player would be different, but even with that, by seeing the sphere of the player, we could be 90% sure about what cards he has in his deck.. completly following the meta).
Aside of these 2 there are a few dosen different possible scenarios, so im not saying that one of these will happen, just that i dont think anyone could tell what will.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby dragonkin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:15 pm

whatever it is, PLEASe implement something that would make it fair for players who only play a specific sphere(or two) and make it easier for someone to acquire a specific card without blowing loads of $$. either

1. a trading system(i would even pay a small amount of gran per trade).. although i'll be a bit OUch, since I had to recycle legyre, wasseir and another 5 star card for... nothing mnuch) and this will probably take a long time to implement.

2. sale of 1* or 2* individual cards(maybe even 3*)

3. specific sphere booster packs.

right now, i dont feel like spending cos i know my chances of getting a useful card is mighty slim! making do with the cards i have isn't quite my style... its like playing an RPG with a gimped character when you already have that perfect build planned out.

edit: and if any of these are not implemented, how about raising the value of recycled cards? i'm sure a 3* card is worth a lot more than 30 gran. the current values are ok IF there was a trading system, so it works as a way to get rid of unwanted cards that you can't even trade away. but being the ONLY solution to trade in cards that you're not using, ppl(like me) will have to resort to recycling good cards of other spheres too.
dragonkin

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:10 pm

I think tons of players would spend money anyways when the servers get more populated. When a game comes close or at the same level of any other good online multiplayer, it's worth spending some money.

Trading is not really necessary. You could also just add a store where anyone can buy any individual card they want and the price could be something close to their double recycling value. A 1 star would be 10 gran, 2 star = 20 gran, 3 star = 60 gran, 4 star = 300 gran, 5 star = 600 gran.

I think this would really be worth it since you dont have to spend 20 dolars to get a box and see how much luck you got, but the price is still fair, since it decreases the number of gran spent overall.

So this allows a cheaper way of obtaining all cards than 500$++ and it keeps the purchase of boxes worth.

I would prefer this over trading no matter what. The main issue i see with trading is : What can i do if nobody can give me the 1 card i want so much? and i spent already 20$ and i want to stay at it so i can trade only a certain level 5 card that i have. :/
In that case instead of spending again 20$ or wait for someone to make a trade with you, you can just buy the card for 6$ or 3-4$ if the price is too high. This also dosn't drop the game income that much.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau