Learn to Spell GMs

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Learn to Spell GMs

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I just think it's unprofessional.

+1
Companies should always fix mistakes that they can.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby fargone » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:28 pm

I KNOW its unprofessional. If I received a business letter with the same bad spelling we get on the main page of alteil, I would be appalled.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby gadu » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:50 pm

That this is coming from Japanese business culture is telling.

Icyglare wrote:One of my favorite units is Dryad 70

:lol:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Nehless » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:54 am

just saying you guys are really **** about the spelling. give people a break they're human!
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby Seizan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

Looks weird coming from guy who can't even capitalize first letter in sentence. :P Seriously though, reading what you wrote before you post it cost nothing and takes almost no time, so I see no reason why they shouldn't do it. And native/not native language user has nothing to do with bad spelling. Grammar - sure, nobody requires perfect fluency on the internet. Misspelling bloody CARDNAMES? No. Just no.
Last edited by Seizan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seizan

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 am

Seizan wrote:Look weird coming from guy who can't even capitalize first letter in sentence. :P Seriously though, reading what you wrote before you post it on cost nothing and takes almost no time, so I see no reason why they shouldn't do it. And native/not native language user has nothing to do with bad spelling. Grammar - sure, nobody requires perfect fluency on te internet. Misspeling **** CARDNAMES? No. Just no.

Was this post supposed to be ironic by putting misspelling words and grammar mistakes?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Helaine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:03 am

GOSCAR wrote:

+1
Companies should always fix mistakes that they can.

+1 It looks too unprofessional.

Formal announcement on the front page of the website should look convincing.
Helaine

Postby Seizan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Icyglare wrote:
Seizan wrote:Look weird coming from guy who can't even capitalize first letter in sentence. :P Seriously though, reading what you wrote before you post it on cost nothing and takes almost no time, so I see no reason why they shouldn't do it. And native/not native language user has nothing to do with bad spelling. Grammar - sure, nobody requires perfect fluency on te internet. Misspeling **** CARDNAMES? No. Just no.

Was this post supposed to be ironic by putting misspelling words and grammar mistakes?

OMG I forgot "h" in "the"! Call Internet Police! Quick! 9-1-missing-point!*

*Just in case I have to spell it for you (pun intended): it's their JOB. People PAY them for doing it right.
Seizan

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Seizan wrote:OMG I forgot "h" in "the"! Call Internet Police! Quick! 9-1-missing-point!*

Lol, so it wasn't on purpose? You first make fun of some guy for not capitalizing his sentences and then go off about bad spelling and grammar. Tsk Tsk.
Well, to quote a forum monster, your....
Seizan wrote:Fail troll is fail.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby fargone » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:15 am

Icyglare wrote:
Seizan wrote:OMG I forgot "h" in "the"! Call Internet Police! Quick! 9-1-missing-point!*

Lol, so it wasn't on purpose? You first make fun of some guy for not capitalizing his sentences and then go off about bad spelling and grammar. Tsk Tsk.
Well, to quote a forum monster, your....
Seizan wrote:Fail troll is fail.

While I can see the entertainment value in what you are doing, I hope you can see the difference between someone's grammar and spelling in a professional position at work, and someone who is actually at home, not getting paid, and not representing a company. The guy at home can make as many mistakes as he likes, it will only reflect on him.

The people posting on the front page reflect on Alteil and gamepot. They are being paid to not make mistakes. Their inability to use a spell checker at work is abysmal. Those complaining about it can make as many mistakes as they like, they aren't representing a company... especially one that has so many issues that even fixing spelling errors is noteworthy.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau