TrueGodChurch List of Suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

TrueGodChurch List of Suggestions

Postby angelspawns » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:29 pm

TrueGodChurch is an unique and EXclusive subtype to Alteil. I've been playing it ever since Raste made its appearance.
Let me introduce the subtype before i make any suggestions:

________________INTRODUCTION TGC___________________
A rush-based Refess clan that -instead of reaching saturationpoint by snowballing more Def Atk or Agi on the field- can reach high numbers of MaxHP!
Very refreshing and fitting for a Tribe of mostly Priests. They just aren't natural attackers. They are healers. Even Martial Artists only have 25Atk & 2~3Agi.
The highest Attack for a TGC 'offensive' unit came out in Set10: a 35Atk Martial Artist! But current support won't allow Martials to snowball into a saturationpoint. Without a saturationpoint on their relative low base Atk Def & Agi it's not viable on its own yet, but they can serve a purpose within TGC files.

But one can't live on raising HP alone.
You got to survive the ever growing damage potential of other tribes, occasionally even kill threats. For that it's accompanied with a set of tricks.
Revive & Agi+Atk boost (Gilensa), Rng manipulation(Fortune, InquisitorNightRaider, Abel), +30Def openskill(ChurchPalladin), counterattacks(Cudgel, LadyMonk, ExCynthia, Gravan), and a few specialized lethal Skills. (Cudgel for Bigs, Monk&Gravan for Undead, Raste pinpoint)
Building a field keeping 1~3 spare SP hanging around means TIGHT SP management for a rushfile. Entering a turn without SP = No Revive / Raste Kill (or Heal) / GirlCombat Heal / etc. This could turn against you. On the other hand constant use of Skills stops your progress...

You're forced to make lots of crucial descisions. This problem doesn't make it unplayable, but defenetly an advanced Tribe to play.

- Stats distribution.
They're not fast, they're not strong... nothing excells at what it's supose to do. They all start as averidge nobodies. 45HP, 25Atk, 3Agi, 0Def.
You have to reshape many into the role it's SUPOSED to play. Problem is there's only 1 Gilensa to do it...
Sounds simple, right? Right...

Global Fixes:
Bash[1SP] --> Do [Damage : Atk] to and render engaged random DISENGAGED enemy unit in range.
Shieldbreaker[1SP] --> Set random enemy unit within range and Def 1> or higher, to Def=0 and do [Damage : Atk] to that unit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image-->Image
I begun to doubt fixing Abel's original Skill. Imagine him actually working: giving Rng=0 over and over and over... How frustrating would that be??
On a Grim it's fine, but a properly functioning Abel may go on for the entire match.

So i give him more combo potential. Fortune, Sunbeam Cage, InquisitionNightRaider, ExGarfath, Gigantic Illusion. He's there to compliment those exsisting methods. Just let it sink in for a moment... switching Rng at Start, and if Rng=0, make a permanent switch as Action. This should keep things fun to achieve.

**reserved for future ideas**
angelspawns

Re: TrueGodChurch List of Suggestions

Postby CainHyde » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:11 pm

angelspawns wrote:I begun to doubt fixing Abel's original Skill. Imagine him actually working: giving Rng=0 over and over and over... How frustrating would that be??

Unfortunately yes.
When we switch our viewpoint to the player that fight against Abel, seeing our range sets to 0 every turn is frustrating.
It's incredible fun when we do it, but it's so frustrating when that happen to ourselves. orz

Btw... what's with that range 1. :evil:
Oh wait... the skill is always changed to fit that range 1. :o
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby tropireno » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 pm

I think one of TGC's biggest problems is the fact that GIlensa himself fails at being the "life of the deck." Don't get me wrong, he's awesome and completely neccessary for TGC to even function. But the problem is that he only buffs 1 unit at a time. Meaning your average field will consist of 1 super-unit and the rest mediocre. Not to mention the fact that his revive contradicts with his startskill's AGI buff, completely unnecessarily.

If Gilensa only ever supports 1 unit, then what is the point of fielding more than 1? Especially if the other units will be left with the awful base stats that they already have. I, personally would like to see a complete rework of GIlensa, in order for him to support an entire field of TGC, instead of just 1 unit worth supporting.

I've successfully made a deck before containing GIlensa and Cosmos as the only TGC units in the entire deck. Making use of actual good cards like Silverion instead of fielding a crappy 3rd TGC unit to do nothing.

Another issue I've always had with TGC is this. I'm assuming that the theme of the file is to increase your units' MAX HP and utilize it to your advantage. Lots of the cards are able to successfully increase MAX HP. But almost none of them actually UTILIZE it.

There's GIlensa, who I've mentioned about above. And there's Cosmos who gains AT with more MAX HP. The rest do absolutely nothing with their hp.
I'd like to see maybe a universal skill that makes use of MAX HP given out. Something like "Do damage 50% MAX HP to 2 random enemy units in range" comes to mind.

Or hell, make them all different. I just want to see the units actually make use of their HP buffs instead of just staying a low AT unit with high hp.
tropireno

Postby Romdeau » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am

This thread does not entertain me as much as the Solar Kingdom's list of demands.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 am

You fail spawns! Get on callonias level son
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:28 am

Needs moar of kicking people off skyscrappers!

But on a more cereal note, I think Cudgel should be buffed in both counter and action. Maybe have his counter be something along the lines where it actually hits back the unit that hit it.

Might Struggles Cut Deeper: SP[1] Do damage ATx2 to the HP target enemy unit whose base level is higher than this unit base level.
Snare of Cutting Wire: SP[0] Enemy unit that hit this unit gets [Max HP - their AGI x 5].

As for Graven he is fine with his stats. All he needs is for his trait to activate whenever he hits a unit with a close skill.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby angelspawns » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm

@Troperino:
You're right about Gilensa. As i stated under TGC problems you only have 1 Gilensa, and dozens of units who need the startskill. But i'd rather consider changing another TGC unit (Cosmo??) to better support the field. Gilensa is fine as is.
@Goscar:
I feared i was going to be biased about Cudgel, and probably should've taken a break to regain perspective again. But for a long time he was the best Lvl3 MHP TGC you had. His skills however don't match current meta anymore, nor does his 55HP make him shine amongst TGC...
Maybe something along the line of counter "one Agi4 or higher gets [Dmg : Agix15]"... his 1SP (S)kill "[Dmg: HPx2] to Lvl4 or Higher".
As for Gravan, i played him with his adjusted counterskill. He's defenetly usefull in certain matchups. (but not like a Guardian open)
What i really wish for him is to be more viable as lvl4 opener in TGC. Doesn't matter to me if they changed his Trait for it, his Healskill or simply his Stats. I do know his Healskill and Trait are pretty much wasted on him under current conditions.

@ Rom & Gon: Not enough exaggeration and drama? xD
Sorry, i'm trying to be realistic and not break the game. TGC isn't a hopeless cause in the Agi or Atk like SolarKingdom, because of Gilensa. There's hope for a single Agiroll with Afel, there's hope for a first onehit kill on Bringer. There's even hope for a frckin slow unit (aka. Raste) to kill something when it's his turn.
You're not as slow in responding to the opponents field as SolarKingdom is. But you are every bit as Fragile without a Key player(s) alive on the field. TGC don't need a whole change in strategy... just some rethinking on a few to be happily whopping more *ss out there. ;)
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 am

I actually think Gravarn is better played a little later in the game. Like drop Guardian early, hit a +2SP soul, drop Gravarn. I think Gravarn is a lot more intimidating when he's standing next to Guardian.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:25 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I actually think Gravarn is better played a little later in the game. Like drop Guardian early, hit a +2SP soul, drop Gravarn. I think Gravarn is a lot more intimidating when he's standing next to Guardian.

Its just that, an -10 attack on counter is something people laugh at. It would be something else if it was an start skill and it debuffed all enemy units.

Otherwise, Guardian will continue to prevail as opening lvl 4 unit. Pity her start skill got removed cuz it would give 2nd row of defense a chance to try hold up in case front row got swamped quickly. -10 attack on counter is laughable because enemy unit generally have 40 attack or more. therefore invaliding gravan as opener in any refess file. And BKR only need 2 turns to invalid his counter, and then other 2 turns to invalid his 10 defense. Those 4 turns is easier to get than you might think. He can at least find home in a niche refess/lawtia i guess. And he have ludicrously low attack and you want him to fight up front row?

My oblivion knight can put out more damage than he does. Heck, any lvl 4 character on wow. You can't even use sword of mysteries on him cuz he's a captain.

He's a character that was made for the sake of fluff, not for playing.

However my complaints may go away if You was to remove that SP cost on gravan's action skill and keep the way he is..
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Hey man, aren't you the Solar Kingdom representative? What are you doing in these TGC parts?
Romdeau

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau