Playset Lotto

User suggestions to improve the game

Playset Lotto

Postby 2xDouble30 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:22 pm

You know how Logress has that awesome ability to do a normal lotto pull, then sell us a playset of whatever he got for a predetermined price based on the rarity? Yuh-hup. And if you don't, there's always that weekly (?) reminder. Such a wonderful way to tame the lotto randomness!

Not to be ungrateful, but how about we... put the randomness back?

Yep, you read me. But we don't want to give it all back; we want to keep the playset part. Therefore, I introduce to you... *bah-bada-bum!* ... the...

Playset Lotto!

Same odds as the normal lotto, but you get 3 copies of whatever you pull. Easy math too, just triplify the price--30 gran a try.

Feelin' lucky?
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Re: Playset Lotto

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Don't get your hopes up!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby 2xDouble30 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Don't get your hopes up!

Too late!
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby hexagram » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 am

if this happens 30 gran too cheap realistically atleast 100 gran at current lotto rates prob more. Even 3 1stars is 40 gran Realistically atleast 200 gran as it will be skewed by the possiblility of a 4/5star
Last edited by hexagram on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby goodknife » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 am

i think same rate as weekly card is fine too (40 gran for 1* , 70 gran for 2* but 450 gran for 3* is.. a bit too much, smt like 350 gran seem nice)
goodknife

Postby 2xDouble30 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Wait, but the price is set before you get anything. 40 gran sounds good. I don't want to go so far as to make it 50 gran because we mostly get 1*s from the normal lotto, not to mention duplicates. Or in this case, duplicate playsets...

So:

Just like the price of 1 normal lotto pull times 3, plus a 10-gran premium for making it a set. That way, if we don't like the card Logress pulls for Card of the Week, we can be all "Logress, let me show you how it's done." And then pull something even worse.

But you never know...
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm

If this was to be, it would most likely be in the three digits a pull. Because some people will get lucky and pull a five star that will have a recycle value of 900G total. so if it was 40G a pull that would give you about 22 extra pulls plus the recyle value of those, and considering management I believe they would view it as unacceptable.
monkeysmiles11

Postby 2xDouble30 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:59 pm

That's just for some people though; If you're like me, you'll seldom ever get so lucky in lotto. Considering the opposite, if you mostly get 1*s, especially those you already have, you're losing your money three times as fast.

You can get very lucky, or you can get really unlucky. That should be acceptable.
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:26 pm

monkeysmiles11 wrote:If this was to be, it would most likely be in the three digits a pull. Because some people will get lucky and pull a five star that will have a recycle value of 900G total. so if it was 40G a pull that would give you about 22 extra pulls plus the recyle value of those, and considering management I believe they would view it as unacceptable.

Like 2xDouble30 already mentioned, this doesn't make sense in arguing for the price. It doesn't matter for alteil if one player gets really lucky or 3 players get somewhat lucky, as the expected recycle value stays the same. The only thing that matters is that now it's playsets, which tends to more easily give people a way to play with what they get, thus somewhat reducing the total number of pulls someone has to do to make a decent file. (Might want to make spells singles in case you get them, very few grims require more than one copy, and those that do tend to be low rarity anyways)As such, something like 40 gran seems reasonable to me, while three digits would make it a bad sale that'll make gon rage :P
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby 2xDouble30 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:31 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:The only thing that matters is that now it's playsets, which tends to more easily give people a way to play with what they get, thus somewhat reducing the total number of pulls someone has to do to make a decent file.

Which is better than not pulling. Reduced number of pulls per player, more pulls collectively throughout the playerbase--that seems like how it would work.

WhiteDragon2 wrote:(Might want to make spells singles in case you get them, very few grims require more than one copy, and those that do tend to be low rarity anyways)

I think we should keep that unlucky possibility, just to make programming and policy approval less of a hassle. Besides, some grims are nice in threes.
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau