Subtype/Faction Lotto

User suggestions to improve the game

Subtype/Faction Lotto

Postby Haqua » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:10 pm

You know I dunno why they never had this. It would definitely speed up the process of getting new players to build the formidable deck that they want resulting in actually having players stay because they have something they like, and encourage people who wants to try new decks to spend some therefore they have something to look forward to.

It's also a lotto so at least players will know whats in the card pool but it will still be kinda random, so it has quite some longevity.
Haqua

Re: Subtype/Faction Lotto

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Don't get your hopes up!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Haqua » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:33 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Don't get your hopes up!

Let Riverre dream she can meet new players T_T
Haqua

Postby 2xDouble30 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Sounds almost like Faction Packs to me.

GonFreeces31 wrote:Don't get your hopes up!

Too late!
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby Haqua » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Yah but Faction packs don't include the less popular subtypes as far as I know. That and they're packs after all not a lotto.
Haqua

Postby 2xDouble30 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Ah, I completely forgot that not all subtypes were covered.

How would they do that, though? With varying pool sizes (and playability), there are definitely going to be obvious "go to" choices. Would the prices have to vary for each subtype/faction lotto?
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby Haqua » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:03 am

I was thinking more of a calculated odds. So let's see if I can explain this clearly.

The subtype cost would be affected by the community's activity with them. With that said, an example would be like a week of Magic Doll rampage will cause the cost of that subtype: Magic Doll cards to increase this would make other subtype cost less so it encourages variety. Players will be able to purchase other subtypes and build files with those in theory this causes a cycle unless you know people are just hellbent on playing 1 subtype. It builds community or at least tries to build community participation since players will affect the card subtypes probabilities/cost.

So let's say you wanted to go Martial Artist, but your deck is rather incomplete. It would be useful for a player to try out that deck and see what they are missing because if it was popular you can check foltart for lots of example due to it's popularity. On the flip side if it isn't popular that week then it would be affordable and cheaper in the lotto so kinda win win.

Surely there is a way to do this since, there is an UD list which means in theory you can also see which cards are the most popular since you can see the least popular ones right? While I agree that different subtype have different pool size, I don't think it actually affects the ratio of rares within each subtype. (Okay maybe Adventurers subtype are the exceptions to this)
Haqua

Postby 2xDouble30 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 am

o.o

That's brilliant.
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau