Return Mechanic Counters

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Return Mechanic Counters

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:10 am

Lol I'll trade return nerf for fire arrow and bitter destiny nerf. Let's see which one is op now.
I seem to recall beating your command dolls/annnarose and shades/gafc using returns gon. I've played the file long enough to know that it stands no chance against returns, even without the help of volfied. Youve got counters at every intersection, including cattleya/sylph and elite fencer.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 am

that was a crappy thing i tried for like 15 games then decided it sucked
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 am

Your dolls have beaten my wk 4/5 times and the rest of my files don't stand a chance againt ur files cause of the bitter destiny >.>
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:41 am

well ive played a buncha different random kinds of dolls files. I'm really bad with CMD and whenever I play them I generally lose a lot lol. I'm best with sumer version like starring MD Fencer. She's an amazing unit. But I usually always beat falkow files with them by shading gafcing and embracing/bitter destiny.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:27 am

There, there, Refess hunts for mid gowen, and mid gowen hunts for falkow. And lawtia hunts everyone.
Callonia

Postby Sir Wuffles » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 am

Callonia wrote:There, there, Refess hunts for mid gowen, and mid gowen hunts for falkow. And lawtia hunts everyone.

WK > Most lawt files.
Sir Wuffles

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:35 am

Added this along some other thread to the list of common suggestions, even though there already is an "OP return!" thread.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby angelspawns » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 am

NitroDino wrote:
angelspawns wrote:That's why i take it broader and like to focuss on GRIM (and openskill) prevention.

Suggestion for anti open skill grim:

lvl1
Units on both sides of the field are not affected by open skills for the next 5(maybe 3 to balance it out) turns.

or as action/start/auto skills on units...

other options to prevent grim spam is to introduce cards that give your units grim immunity, something like:
Action Skill 0-1 SP
Do dmg AT to a random enemy unit in range and then give to 1 friendly unit the following trait "This unit cannot be affected, targeted, or randomly chosen by Grimoires."

How about this?

Lvl2, HP30 | Atk30 | Agi2 | Rng2
Trait: This unit can't be effected by Grims
[Auto] Conditional: This unit is in Row 1-2-3. No Grims can be played next turn. = Same effect as giving all units Grim immunity for 1 turn.

Must be in frontrow. Has low Agi on the AutoSkill. Stops Grims only for 1 turn. This leaves enough room for the opponent to counterplay it again. Whenever he is killed, the opponent can play his Grims. Ex:WizSoldier, ExGirlMerc+Sala, BringerOpen, any 30Atk unit or Dmg SS.
Still leaves all T1(lvl1 card) -> T2(lvl3 Grim) opens usable since it only stops Grims at T3 (unless it's killed). The only real open currently affected is Cath->Owl->Grim. Which, considering the immense SP advantage a Cath(+1Falk) & Tidal(+1SP) gives so early, is nothing more but fair game.
angelspawns

Postby sunbunman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 pm

I like the idea, but can't help but think that emana would just own that unit like she owns ex wiz or toro.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 am

I'd advice a slight change. It currently doesn't lock faytis, and that's 2 sp advantage for falkow. Might want to make it such that the Trait says the unit can't be returned, instead of grim immunity (or let the trait prevent both).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau