Trading in old starters

User suggestions to improve the game

Trading in old starters

Postby esaberia » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:12 am

Anyone think that you should be able to trade in your old starter decks for a new one? The power of the new starter decks blow the old ones out of the water. I started playing around a month ago and managed to get 3-4 3* cards so don't really wanna start on a new account but atm I am getting destroyed by the new starter decks using the old lawtia and gowen starter. Only my falkow starter stands a chance but that may just be because i'm playing against people that just started.
esaberia

Re: Trading in old starters

Postby Grain » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:41 am

Why change when you can overpopulate the server?

If we weren't allowed to switch starters before, I doubt it'll happen now.
Grain

Postby lupos » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 pm

such negativity... it's actually been on the to do list for some time. I've started the ground work on a system to allow it a certain number of times but I can't say when such a thing will be ready. I would have liked to have had it ready for the launch of the new starters but we didn't decided to update the starters till about 2 weeks ago so there just wasnt enough time.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby SacredGuyver » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:34 pm

I think I got it!

Don't just allow a limited number of times for starter swaps, but allow a person to buy tickets using Gran or Fight Money and then redeeming those tickets for a new starter. If you go the Gran route, it would have to be really cheap, seeing as how the decks are only 1000 gran in the shop, but if you use FM, it may work out as a nice alternative to having to pay gran in the shop.
SacredGuyver

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:31 pm

I actually really like SacredGuyer's suggestion of allowing players to pay FM to swap starters once their initial swaps are used up, though from what I understand whenever we get the FM lottery it will be permanently giving us starter cards for FM so in the long run doing such might seem a little silly but until we get an FM lottery it atleast further helps take the pressure off of choosing the right starter with your last swap.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:40 pm

Why not just get a free extra starter instead on your really active accounts? I mean those accounts that helped with the server activity, but this dosnt include smurfs and people below level 10 (or lets say below 11). That would be neat and actualy fair.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Why not just get a free extra starter instead on your really active accounts? I mean those accounts that helped with the server activity, but this dosnt include smurfs and people below level 10 (or lets say below 11). That would be neat and actualy fair.

Or, they could just give all those people 1000 gran.
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Well that too since gran costs very much, but i dont think they give gran so easy away so i suggested something that should be much more acceptable, at least i think they should agree on 1 extra free starter since its for people who helped out. :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby teasel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Grain wrote:
Peralisc2 wrote:Why not just get a free extra starter instead on your really active accounts? I mean those accounts that helped with the server activity, but this dosnt include smurfs and people below level 10 (or lets say below 11). That would be neat and actualy fair.

Or, they could just give all those people 1000 gran.

no look... while i would love to get 3 copies of samurai girl and devouring lizard for free if they gave me 1000 gran for free i would spend them all on packs without a single tought
teasel

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Free stuff is nice, don't get me wrong, but this isn't a charity, they need to make money too and every virtual dollar they just give away is potentially a virtual dollar that won't be purchased with real dollars. The trick is giving away just enough stuff to keep players interested during those times when they can't afford new stuff and to give away the right stuff to entice them into wanting more new stuff. Its for this reason that I think the FM lottery makes sense, you have to play the game to earn the FM to even do the lottery, and because (unless you have a ton of FM saved up already) you'll be getting new starter cards a few cards at a time its not just a 1 time and then you want more give away like just giving a free starter would be. Whats more because you can only ever get starter cards out of said lottery your limiting what the player can get for free and eventually if they want the non starter stuff they will have to spend real money (or grind for years in mirage master).

So yeah, I'm not saying I'd be upset if we were given free gran or free starters cause I definitely would be very happy, not upset, but from a business stand point I think they could make players happier in the long run and their wallets fatter in the long run by simply implementing the FM lottery instead.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau