Trading in old starters

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Trading in old starters

Postby teasel » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:13 am

i have several three stars rare that would get lost if i made a new account and personaly i don't want 10 dollar so i can buy a starter... i would just be happy if i got the new cards that were included in the starter (since i have already 3 hunter and 1 lizard that would be 2 extra lizard,3 copies of samurai girl and 1 of gaia anaconda)
teasel

Postby safphir » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:48 am

I agree, we should be able to trade or change our old starters for the new and improved one, its not fair for us who have the old ones to play, it totally inhibits us from any possible advancement in the game. I say we should be able to have that option as soon as we sign in, that way at least we'll have the same footing with the new starters, or else like i said its unfair and injust!

I wanna see that option now, tmr, as soon as i sign in!
safphir

Postby Harion » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:37 am

lupos wrote:such negativity... it's actually been on the to do list for some time. I've started the ground work on a system to allow it a certain number of times but I can't say when such a thing will be ready. I would have liked to have had it ready for the launch of the new starters but we didn't decided to update the starters till about 2 weeks ago so there just wasnt enough time.

the anniversary for this post is nearing so i would really like to give lupos the benefit of the doubt
anyway, with all the good work GMs are doing presently (i'm sincere, no sarcasm) i think this ol thing on the to do list just got forgotten
still, implementing this would really help you clear up your server of multis and help relieve server stress
and cut down all those complaints about how newbs were misled on spheres and chose the wrong sphere for their playstyle
all in all, the benefits really outweigh the cost, so with just a little work, Alteil could really gain a lot from this

again, i'd like to reiterate my suggestion to give players the chance to play all spheres at signup
then when they're about to leave crest, ask them to choose a sphere to play and thereafter remove all other starter spheres on the account except the chosen starter sphere
to implement retroactively, old players just be given the option to switch starters or not
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby 091846 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:55 am

yea you are right i use set 2 fallow starter deck it is very hard to win against rapier and stuff like that giving $10 or a free starter to choose from is a good idea

Postby Tendo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:17 am

lupos wrote:such negativity... it's actually been on the to do list for some time. I've started the ground work on a system to allow it a certain number of times but I can't say when such a thing will be ready. I would have liked to have had it ready for the launch of the new starters but we didn't decided to update the starters till about 2 weeks ago so there just wasnt enough time.

On the to do list for almost 10 month now... Let's hope they really worked on it for the last several months.
Tendo

Postby Eladin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:51 pm

considering how much they have going on at any given time with events and promotions and new sets and maintenance and everything else...the to do list, could easily be quite long. especially considering (in my opinion) this seems a lesser issue than some that have been brought up, for no other reason than the fact that you can have as many alts as you want to experiment. obviously, not everyone wants to have 4 different accounts to test the waters, i'm only saying.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau