Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby fargone » Tue May 01, 2012 6:14 pm

First you say this:

GonFreeces31 wrote:But all spheres revolve around 1 trick.

Gowen - damage spam
lawtia -sp drain and trick spam
refess - buffing spam
falkow - return spam

welcome to alteil.


You are on the balancing team, you can't recognise there is more to the spheres than the basics. What have you been doing all of this time?

Then you say this:


GonFreeces31 wrote:Problem is, this community sucks. It used to be so much more fun back in like sets 6-8 or so, then it just turned to ****. You see the complete absence of anything interesting in annarose sanctum? Yeah....



And then you say this:


GonFreeces31 wrote:All most forum posters do is just whine and never do anything constructive. Spawn is at least trying these days to be constructive, but when you got people like fargone constantly creating sephied holes it's hard. At least I made a lot of guides and such that actually help people.



Im not sure if you realise this, but you are doing enough whining for all of us combined. Your orginal quote is a cephied hole if ever I saw it... so is your second... oh.. so is your third. Some might say your entire recent posting history fits into that... err... hole.

At least you made a lot of guides that actually helped people before you deleted them and had them "unstickied" out of spite. I have told many people how much you have put into this community in the past, but to be fair - you took your bat and ball and went home, you then turned to insulting the community and continue to do so while blasting silly comments and troll threads into the forum at a fast pace. Should we be impressed?

The real issue you have with my posts is they are direct, to the point, and you dont have answers for them. In fact, you haven't actually responded to any of my points. Sad days are those when you get called out and have no answers.

Go back to playing your return files and thinking you are playing a whole sphere. While you are at it, climb out of your hole.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Whining about control files is nothing new. The same thing happened in mtg. The important thing is not to let whining influence balance. The majority of the community is generally biased and most are not competitive players. Speaking generally, this game is actually incredibly balanced right now. I think you missed the entire point of both this thread, and the lawtia thread, lost in your rage at me.

There can not really be good discussion on these forums and for good reason. Most of the other top players never post in here and for good reason. Alteil is almost all about valuation, and no matter how many times you tell people what they're doing is bad, they will defend their poor valuation skills with cries of "but I wanna do it my way!"

I've tried to help people with valuation in alteil, and most people I can really help. Why I'm hated by most, is because I decided to take a wholistic view of the game and claim that return is a balanced card. I do think its a balanced card, and I honestly think most people who whine about it are scrubs. Competitive players understand how falkow files work, and will make flexible files that can find ways to win verse all spheres. Non competitive players don't adapt, or know how to adapt, and opt to whine instead.

You keep on whining fargone, I'm moving onto a game where I can have intelligent discussions about tactics and strategy with other competitive players.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9320
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby hexagram » Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 pm

If you do not want an argument do not post a replay. Do not feed the trolls/haters.

Nothing is sometimes the best thing to say.

Maybe that is why gon does not replay or he may not have a good answer.

Gon beat me to the post.

What game are you playing now gon - league of lengends- looks like a good game and requires a lot of teamwork unlike alteil.

I think return is balanced. My only complaint about it is that people can use if off shpere without any extra cost - which is fine I guess because falkow have emmana- not really.
Last edited by hexagram on Tue May 01, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 pm

The new set can't come soon enough, This constant nerf/buff and Return broken or not broken complaints are REALLY boring.
monkeysmiles11
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:16 am

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby Ethikx » Tue May 01, 2012 10:37 pm

What does return have to due with bringer, damage grims and the entire gowen sphere O.o

hexagram wrote:What game are you playing now gon - league of lengends- looks like a good game and requires a lot of teamwork unlike alteil.


LOL
User avatar
Ethikx
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby Callonia » Tue May 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Then prove it to us that alteil is balanced.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby fargone » Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Whining about control files is nothing new. The same thing happened in mtg. The important thing is not to let whining influence balance. The majority of the community is generally biased and most are not competitive players. Speaking generally, this game is actually incredibly balanced right now. I think you missed the entire point of both this thread, and the lawtia thread, lost in your rage at me.

There can not really be good discussion on these forums and for good reason. Most of the other top players never post in here and for good reason. Alteil is almost all about valuation, and no matter how many times you tell people what they're doing is bad, they will defend their poor valuation skills with cries of "but I wanna do it my way!"

I've tried to help people with valuation in alteil, and most people I can really help. Why I'm hated by most, is because I decided to take a wholistic view of the game and claim that return is a balanced card. I do think its a balanced card, and I honestly think most people who whine about it are scrubs. Competitive players understand how falkow files work, and will make flexible files that can find ways to win verse all spheres. Non competitive players don't adapt, or know how to adapt, and opt to whine instead.

You keep on whining fargone, I'm moving onto a game where I can have intelligent discussions about tactics and strategy with other competitive players.


Firstly, I have to point out that you have mistaken rage for mockery.

Secondly, your idea of balance in the lower sphere revolves around very few cards, yet the card pool is massive. It is this narrow minded view of balance that has been your downfall in these debates (wrong word, you still haven't addressed any of my points).

Thirdly, many of the players that do speak up are, in fact, very good players. That many of them like a lot of variety actually lends to their experience, as opposed to being "competitive" by sticking with their best played file to attract higher rp stats. It is sad you fail yet again to understand this. I am astounded that with your own limited game experience in alteil that you feel you are so far superior to these players you mention. Your arrogance is matched only by your ignorance.

What is perhap most sad of all is you keep saying you have left, yet here you are. You have expressed extreme disinterest in doing anything further with this game, yet here you are. When testing time comes again, in spite all of this, there is a good chance you will be there again. You say you have done so much good for this game, yet you are doing your best to bring it down and to undo all of those things. Do us all a favour, and make up your mind one way or the other. The up-down motion of your posts are becoming a little like masturbation.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby DeathFog » Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Whining about control files is nothing new. The same thing happened in mtg. The important thing is not to let whining influence balance. The majority of the community is generally biased and most are not competitive players. Speaking generally, this game is actually incredibly balanced right now. I think you missed the entire point of both this thread, and the lawtia thread, lost in your rage at me.

There can not really be good discussion on these forums and for good reason. Most of the other top players never post in here and for good reason. Alteil is almost all about valuation, and no matter how many times you tell people what they're doing is bad, they will defend their poor valuation skills with cries of "but I wanna do it my way!"

I've tried to help people with valuation in alteil, and most people I can really help. Why I'm hated by most, is because I decided to take a wholistic view of the game and claim that return is a balanced card. I do think its a balanced card, and I honestly think most people who whine about it are scrubs. Competitive players understand how falkow files work, and will make flexible files that can find ways to win verse all spheres. Non competitive players don't adapt, or know how to adapt, and opt to whine instead.

You keep on whining fargone, I'm moving onto a game where I can have intelligent discussions about tactics and strategy with other competitive players.


The problem is playing the same few file variations isn't skill. Finding ways to use cards that nobody else ever uses successfully, that is skill.

So Gonfreeces = no skill
Ban the Lotto Bug Abusers!
DeathFog
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 am

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby Anima13 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Ethikx wrote:What does return have to due with bringer, damage grims and the entire gowen sphere O.o


a lot, it has tons to do with....
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Nerf Bringer & Damage Grims, Buff Entire Gowen Sphere

Postby Callonia » Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm

DeathFog wrote:The problem is playing the same few file variations isn't skill. Finding ways to use cards that nobody else ever uses successfully, that is skill.

So Gonfreeces = no skill


Does that mean I'm skilled because I found a way to kick butt with ridrea? :O

And Sergis.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest