Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:58 pm

Then both shecas and mermaid sorc gets a nerfbat. Too good. Feel like I'm facing super bkr jack.
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby gadu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Icyman2 wrote:If you want buffs on deep ones, we need nerfs on cath justice owl open.


If you're talking about Miffyre as the first SS, the SP is pretty awesome. On the flip side, you are sacrficing 5 card slots/units right off the start and pure Deep Ones are crippled without Lost One, so that setup can leave something to be desired and may not be optimal. Since I've never been able to try it, I don't know it in practice. :cry:

Hey, the only Deep buff call I made was more RNG on Love. I was just intrigued by Angelspawn's idea and maybe Mermaids and Deep Ones could be reworked so the balance thing isn't so out of whack and the tribe as a whole is more exciting and strategic to play.

Aquas is right. The most exciting Deeps Ones are all about control! Shecas is the most fun unit to play because you get control over how you want to use your dead Mermaids in many cool ways. The other Deep Ones aren't cool because you have no control over when or how to use their skills and they often don't contribute to really helping you in any way.

It would be cool to rework the tribe so each Deep was specialized and synergized at something and having more control over how to sacrifice your mermaids:

1. Metia could buff a single unit 20 ATT, 20 DEF, 2AGI on Start and have an action skill that debuffs enemies somehow. (one mermaid cost each)
2. Love could have an Action skill that engages one unit until end of next turn and a Trait where if she attacks, she engages the enemy she hits until end of turn. (each one mermaid cost)
3. Friendship could lose her 20 DEF buff and maybe Lance HP directly for 2 mermaids
4. Shecas, Ebreenu, and Lost One are pretty well designed

Basically, by not making Metia so polarizing, stat points could be redistributed and more exciting strategies and skills could be placed on mermaids and deep ones.

If that doesn't work, just give Slash skill to every deep one. :mrgreen:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 pm

gadu wrote:It would be cool to rework the tribe so each Deep was specialized and synergized at something and having more control over how to sacrifice your mermaids:

1. Metia could buff a single unit 20 ATT, 20 DEF, 2AGI on Start and have an action skill that debuffs enemies somehow. (one mermaid cost each)
2. Love could have an Action skill that engages one unit until end of next turn and a Trait where if she attacks, she engages the enemy she hits until end of turn. (each one mermaid cost)
3. Friendship could lose her 20 DEF buff and maybe Lance HP directly for 2 mermaids
4. Shecas, Ebreenu, and Lost One are pretty well designed

Basically, by not making Metia so polarizing, stat points could be redistributed and more exciting strategies and skills could be placed on mermaids and deep ones.

If that doesn't work, just give Slash skill to every deep one. :mrgreen:

Uhhh... that's not really control. More like pinpoint and unlimited offense. It really looks like peg kingdom plus engages and open kill to me.
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby gadu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:48 pm

That's because I was talking about control over using your Deep Ones skills. Deep ones and Mermaids already have decent engage control and the whole tribe is currently designed as unlimited offense which doesn't make sense since those two are opposite strategies.

That's why Love is so strange, you have no control over using her skill and if your playing unlimited offense, there is no point to engage until end of next turn becasue mermaids will kill everything this turn.

It's an awesome tribe because you lead with mermaids that are open skill oriented and transition to deep ones which are buff and control oriented, but I just think so many aspects were ill designed.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 pm

gadu wrote:That's because I was talking about control over using your Deep Ones skills. Deep ones and Mermaids already have decent engage control and the whole tribe is currently designed as unlimited offense which doesn't make sense since those two are opposite strategies.

That's why Love is so strange, you have no control over using her skill and if your playing unlimited offense, there is no point to engage until end of next turn becasue mermaids will kill everything this turn.

It's an awesome tribe because you lead with mermaids that are open skill oriented and transition to deep ones which are buff and control oriented, but I just think so many aspects were ill designed.

Right. The flow is super clunky and the field is super powerful. That's what I was saying. Nerf the way for deep ones to sp gen that fast and make a starting unit for them. Perhaps a free reviver that sends 3 merms to cem as open. Then make shecas merm sorc not that op.
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby gadu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm half ignoring the point with Miff SS for the sake of the overall picture. That bizarre start makes Deep Ones exclusive tribe playable, but it would be so hard to win without that opening.

I wish Darkrain would chime in on this since he's the only one I know with experience about the matter though.

I think it's awful design of a tribe and I think the problem lies with Metia and Angelspawns point about prenerfing cards. First, deep ones need redesign of their skills so players have more control, options, and balance. There's little reason to use any deep ones except Shecas and Lost One since the others only do harm to your cemetary without offering anything mermaids aren't capable of.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

gadu wrote:I'm half ignoring the point with Miff SS for the sake of the overall picture. That bizarre start makes Deep Ones exclusive tribe playable, but it would be so hard to win without that opening.

I wish Darkrain would chime in on this since he's the only one I know with experience about the matter though.

I think it's awful design of a tribe and I think the problem lies with Metia and Angelspawns point about prenerfing cards. First, deep ones need redesign of their skills so players have more control, options, and balance. There's little reason to use any deep ones except Shecas and Lost One since the others only do harm to your cemetary without offering anything mermaids aren't capable of.

Wait... a kill open, cem rats start, engage on kill, engage and corruption for free wuhhhhh
Darkrain is the spammer of superpower units, and apparently, deep ones has become the newest superpower. Cmd dolls -> toromea justice catira -> deep ones. See a pattern?
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby gadu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

What are you QQ'ing about? It's like we're talking about two different things.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 pm

I'm not qqing?
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Petition to make Folrart Mage level 4

Postby skillll7 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:37 am

More QQ for everyone! :!: :!: :!:
Cute dog too cute...
User avatar
skillll7
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest