Proposing a Prize Distribution Interface

User suggestions to improve the game

Proposing a Prize Distribution Interface

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Thu May 24, 2012 4:49 am

So I collected at least 500 gold coins for the last event, and I noticed that those who also had met the requirement were at first very confused about the process of card requesting. It took a while before the announcement was made about the email address to send the requests to and the process of requesting for the prize cards. To add to my pains, It took 3 days for my prize to be injected to my collection, further delayed by the 12 hour maintenance.

I've reached the conclusion that manually inserting certain cards into every single winner's collection is both inconvenient for the winners and labor-intensive for the prize distributors. Also, because the cards are inserted manually, there's a good chance that mistakes will happen and delays will occur.

I'm suggesting the creation of an interface that allows winners to receive request cards instantly, sort of like the point card interface but for prizes of our choice.

Because it will be less manual action for the programmers, we can have more prizes that involve choosing cards we want. There will be more people able to receive prizes like this.

In addition, delays in receiving the cards will be lessened, so we can use the cards the day the other prizes are handed out.

It should be just a simple interface that lists the cards available for choosing and instantly awards them to people who won the prizes, sorta like a point card redeemer. (Perhaps you can use serial codes that are mailed to the winning participants after the prizes are awarded, mass mailing is more efficient than manually inputting cards right?)

I liked the 500coin prize for the coin event. Maybe if we have this system, we can do choice prizes more often. (Maybe more triple changers?)
FabledMitsuhide

Re: Proposing a Prize Distribution Interface

Postby Shirozaki » Thu May 24, 2012 5:19 am

Creating even the most basic algorithm, or even a simple UI costs manpower gamepot is apparently not willing to spare.

Of course if they'd just give out PCs instead...
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:59 am

Can't they just use similar code to that of point cards? Making some abstractions here and there the same system could be used for point cards, coins and other similar things.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Thu May 24, 2012 1:18 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:Can't they just use similar code to that of point cards? Making some abstractions here and there the same system could be used for point cards, coins and other similar things.

Yeah, If they invest labor in making a modified point card interface I think it will lessen labor and time costs in future events. If events are gonna happen often, they should really start working on this project.
FabledMitsuhide

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Good suggestion but it won't happen cause they have no staff.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau