Remove Bog's Open lock

User suggestions to improve the game

Remove Bog's Open lock

Postby sunbunman » Mon May 28, 2012 3:20 pm

I don't mean the one where he locks on attack, that can stay, but remove his open lock for -2/3 falkow instead.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Re: Remove Bog's Open lock

Postby Icyglare » Mon May 28, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm not too sure about that, Bog is pretty beefy already, 70hp, 90atk, 4agi, 2 rng but then it also hits 2 units. With the lock, it can prevent some guaranteed combos that can happen, like Regus Patroler might be locked out or something that can be handy to be played right after Bog is out.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Mon May 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Bog wyvern is very uber, it's nerfed for a good reason. 1-2 bog wyverns was soloing whole files.

And do you even know he used to have max hp of 90.

And his open lock used to only lock only like 5 cards or less? And there was no locking of cards on attacking so you could easily drop two bog wyverns on field plus regus monk of lame and kill 6 units every turn. Sorry but, with units that powerful falkow don't need returns. Oh and they was also spamming returns on the top of that.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Callonia wrote:Bog wyvern is very uber, it's nerfed for a good reason. 1-2 bog wyverns was soloing whole files.

And do you even know he used to have max hp of 90.

And his open lock used to only lock only like 5 cards or less? And there was no locking of cards on attacking so you could easily drop two bog wyverns on field plus regus monk of lame and kill 6 units every turn. Sorry but, with units that powerful falkow don't need returns. Oh and they was also spamming returns on the top of that.

He can very easily get swarmed or tanked by bigs, and bigs do not lock themselves. Agi 4 isn't that hard to overcome. He does counter refess files nicely though, which might be why you're butthurt.
Icyman2

Postby GOSCAR » Mon May 28, 2012 6:01 pm

No.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Callonia » Mon May 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Icyman2 wrote:He can very easily get swarmed or tanked by bigs, and bigs do not lock themselves. Agi 4 isn't that hard to overcome. He does counter refess files nicely though, which might be why you're butthurt.

Lvl 3 rush files.

I haven't been that butthurt about bog in a long time since HoG came out. Though, bog wyvern should stay nerfed. It got nerfed for a good reason, remember bog rush decks lol, those was lulzy Bog used to be rushed out as early as like turn 5, I seen lots of files die to them via spectating.

Oh as goscar eloquently put it. No.

What's with people trying to unnerf op falkow cards.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Callonia wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:He can very easily get swarmed or tanked by bigs, and bigs do not lock themselves. Agi 4 isn't that hard to overcome. He does counter refess files nicely though, which might be why you're butthurt.

Lvl 3 rush files.

I haven't been that butthurt about bog in a long time since HoG came out. Though, bog wyvern should stay nerfed. It got nerfed for a good reason, remember bog rush decks lol, those was lulzy Bog used to be rushed out as early as like turn 5, I seen lots of files die to them via spectating.

Oh as goscar eloquently put it. No.

What's with people trying to unnerf op falkow cards.

What I hate falkow. I would much rather face gowen.
Icyman2

Postby Pikeru » Mon May 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Bog is fine the way it is. If you want to help buff a card, there are countless others to choose from who desperately need it. There's even a whole other thread that's supposed to be just for that.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Anima13 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Callonia wrote:What's with people trying to unnerf op falkow cards.

ITs because they play them and while they play they see the current state of the meta which has been evolving with more and more strong units and mechanisms, and suddenly feel that those nerfes while being justified in the old circumstanses, aren't necessary justified in todays environment.

And in case of big falkow it comes in addition that it is the most neglected big card wise. It is already sad that a lvl4 had to be refunctioned for it to boost the deck type, and now ppl start to call squid op.

In regards of the the direct request I understand it a bit. In the current state of the game, if you really want to play with bog you need to field it more early, in a stage where he will be killed/removed easily by the endgame tricks of your opponent. The fields are getting stronger, units are getting stronger and no comment to what the other spheres big decks can offer...
With every set release bog is getting less and less useful. He is great but if your opponent has some grips expecting him, you better dont play him at all.

Still I am not sure if unnerfing bog is a good idea. One could argue that while bog is getting less and less useful the reason for this are the weak early game options (which has been correctly adressed by squid). I would rather prefer to see more options for big falkow, more synergy of the bigs units (or with our manipulations grims) more high level grims (but not from tempest caliber) and more low level units that can be included in the deck type.
Also I would welcome to see more support/solutions for some of those ca 8 useless cards in the lvl5-9 range. Though at that point I guess we have enough examples in other spheres/ decks too and arrive at the conflict between the new sets attractiveness vs the usefullness of old cards.
Anima13

Postby GOSCAR » Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Bog hits 2 units for 90 damage. He doesn't need to be buff or nerfed anymore.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau