Things I want for an "Alteil 2" or at least, "Alteil 1.5":
More Player Interaction
The interaction modes of the current Alteil is substandard. People must be able to add friends they have never battled before. Guild management must be more than just a password lock. People must be able to know the general location of their friends (in the game, of course) and the specific location of their guildmates. They must be able to invite other people in training battles (as opposed to pre-planning it with chat, creating a room, and waiting for the other guy). It would also be nice if players can trade or give avatar items (not cards, of course).
Super Card Limits
The problem with the current Alteil is when people get large amounts of rare and powerful cards and spams them into one deck. These changes I suggest, to emphasize skill, management, and strategy rather than sheer economy. Super cards must have special "character flaws" like:
- Being limited to 1 or 2 per deck
- Being placed out of the game instead of the cementery, or when it closes
- That only one (or at least, not 5) of it can exist as a soulcard
- Cannot be in the same deck with a certain card or cannot exist as a soulcard when with a certain soulcard. Or at least, cannot be summoned or would not activate when a certain friendly (or enemy) card is in the field. (hostility between cards)
- Can only be used for a certain number of (arena) battles, afterwards it takes a certain "recharge time" in terms of number of battles before it can be used again. For example, Super Card X can only be used for 10 battles, afterwards, it has to sit out 5. - much like how partners work but it does not expire, it justs "recharges".
- Some players may disagree with me but there shouldn't be any card that fixes battle time every turn as a start skill for free (0 SP). It may be free start skill but only fixes, at most, 2/3 of total battle time giving a window period of 1/3 battle time - that means if a unit alters battle time, it may not do so on the next turn. Or it can be a free autoskill (which is subject to agi). Or it must cost SP. Eternal battle time must be a combo and not a card.
Several Ranking Based Arenas
This is my most sought-after feature. Early newbie arena should be level-based like Crest Arena but common arenas must be based on ranking and not level. If ranking rises, a player steps forward to the next arena and is banned from the lower ones (unless he gets his ranking back down again by losing). This prevents powerful players from farming weaker ones and encourages competition by setting goals and matching players of similar rankings. The current Folrart Arena is a minefield for new entrants and the win % they worked so hard for gets cut down in battles with veterans in a magnificent display of disproportion. Although the size of the community determines the number of arenas the service-provider can place, there must be at least 4 arenas: Training, Journeyman(lvl1-9), and 2 common servers (one for RP of, lets say, -1699, and one for 1700+). Two common arenas mean that new entrants remain competitive by avoiding mismatches with strong players, and battles of strong players remain challenging for them. Level is not a good determinant of player strength because one can lose 100 times in a row and still level up. Level does not go down but SP can go down (although is will still generally increment as a representation of the amount of personal experience).
"Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish."