What would your Alteil 2 look like?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: What would your Alteil 2 look like?

Postby Harion » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:49 pm

lol, now there's two of us salivating for the best of both worlds.
the company that gets their act together and combines the best from this 2 games
will take all the customers from both games and run with it.
and you can take that to the bank!

alteil should get warstorm's marketing guys
and warstorm should get alteil's card designers and programmers
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby ValVolt » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Forum digging :)

Another cool thing for Alteil 2: POKéMONs ! :D
I mean, card copies that are different from each other. This could be restricted to Character cards, too.

For example, three cards that have the same name but where one would be Lv2 and have 20 AT 20 HP, one would be Lv3 and have 30 AT and 30 HP, and one would be level 5 and have 60 AT and 75 HP.
With this system, you could either pack one card of each type so that you summon the Lv2 and when it dies revive it as the Lv5, or just use the Lv3 version, or...

When 'evolving' a card through revive, this could either be for free or for extra SP like 1 per level difference. These cards could all have Open Skills too, so that it would always be a question of: shall I let my unit die and invoke a new version for getting the Open Skill effect, or shall I revive and get a stronger unit for free?

Vlt.
Support the Johnny Arena project !
ValVolt

Postby Escaflowne » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Things I want for an "Alteil 2" or at least, "Alteil 1.5":

More Player Interaction
The interaction modes of the current Alteil is substandard. People must be able to add friends they have never battled before. Guild management must be more than just a password lock. People must be able to know the general location of their friends (in the game, of course) and the specific location of their guildmates. They must be able to invite other people in training battles (as opposed to pre-planning it with chat, creating a room, and waiting for the other guy). It would also be nice if players can trade or give avatar items (not cards, of course).

Super Card Limits
The problem with the current Alteil is when people get large amounts of rare and powerful cards and spams them into one deck. These changes I suggest, to emphasize skill, management, and strategy rather than sheer economy. Super cards must have special "character flaws" like:
- Being limited to 1 or 2 per deck
- Being placed out of the game instead of the cementery, or when it closes
- That only one (or at least, not 5) of it can exist as a soulcard
- Cannot be in the same deck with a certain card or cannot exist as a soulcard when with a certain soulcard. Or at least, cannot be summoned or would not activate when a certain friendly (or enemy) card is in the field. (hostility between cards)
- Can only be used for a certain number of (arena) battles, afterwards it takes a certain "recharge time" in terms of number of battles before it can be used again. For example, Super Card X can only be used for 10 battles, afterwards, it has to sit out 5. - much like how partners work but it does not expire, it justs "recharges".
- Some players may disagree with me but there shouldn't be any card that fixes battle time every turn as a start skill for free (0 SP). It may be free start skill but only fixes, at most, 2/3 of total battle time giving a window period of 1/3 battle time - that means if a unit alters battle time, it may not do so on the next turn. Or it can be a free autoskill (which is subject to agi). Or it must cost SP. Eternal battle time must be a combo and not a card.

Several Ranking Based Arenas
This is my most sought-after feature. Early newbie arena should be level-based like Crest Arena but common arenas must be based on ranking and not level. If ranking rises, a player steps forward to the next arena and is banned from the lower ones (unless he gets his ranking back down again by losing). This prevents powerful players from farming weaker ones and encourages competition by setting goals and matching players of similar rankings. The current Folrart Arena is a minefield for new entrants and the win % they worked so hard for gets cut down in battles with veterans in a magnificent display of disproportion. Although the size of the community determines the number of arenas the service-provider can place, there must be at least 4 arenas: Training, Journeyman(lvl1-9), and 2 common servers (one for RP of, lets say, -1699, and one for 1700+). Two common arenas mean that new entrants remain competitive by avoiding mismatches with strong players, and battles of strong players remain challenging for them. Level is not a good determinant of player strength because one can lose 100 times in a row and still level up. Level does not go down but SP can go down (although is will still generally increment as a representation of the amount of personal experience).
"Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish."
Escaflowne

Postby Harion » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:36 pm

i want cards that can be combined to make a brand new card
their stats and their skills would randomly mix to create a new card
not all skills would be retained

for example: recovery powder + griffin = recovery griffin, lol
a level 4 creature card with an open skill of +3sp but instead of +10 hp gives agi +1 to all units
with same hp as griffin but with 0 range, 0 agi, 0 def, and 0 attack

players can go crazy creating new cards with this feature
so instead of those cards with more than 3 copies being recycled
we'd spend them on card alchemy! (we can call it that)
the luck of the alchemy can go against you or for you!
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Peaches » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Escaflowne wrote:Super Card Limits
The problem with the current Alteil is when people get large amounts of rare and powerful cards and spams them into one deck. These changes I suggest, to emphasize skill, management, and strategy rather than sheer economy. Super cards must have special "character flaws" like:
- Being limited to 1 or 2 per deck
- Being placed out of the game instead of the cementery, or when it closes
- That only one (or at least, not 5) of it can exist as a soulcard
- Cannot be in the same deck with a certain card or cannot exist as a soulcard when with a certain soulcard. Or at least, cannot be summoned or would not activate when a certain friendly (or enemy) card is in the field. (hostility between cards)
- Can only be used for a certain number of (arena) battles, afterwards it takes a certain "recharge time" in terms of number of battles before it can be used again. For example, Super Card X can only be used for 10 battles, afterwards, it has to sit out 5. - much like how partners work but it does not expire, it justs "recharges".
- Some players may disagree with me but there shouldn't be any card that fixes battle time every turn as a start skill for free (0 SP). It may be free start skill but only fixes, at most, 2/3 of total battle time giving a window period of 1/3 battle time - that means if a unit alters battle time, it may not do so on the next turn. Or it can be a free autoskill (which is subject to agi). Or it must cost SP. Eternal battle time must be a combo and not a card.

Most TCG simply have rarity limits. Magic The Gathering, at least when I played it, had a 2 rare cards per 45-75 card deck limit. (Rare has a little gold symbol on the card, as opposed to silver or black).

Alteil, I believe, would benefit greatly from such a limit.

Having a cap of 3-4 rarity 5 cards allowed in a file would help limit things like Big Red and Big Blue, and force EN and EM user to choose between having their absurd field advantages and their absurd soul skills. While I consider EX cards to be rarity 6 in terms of power, I'd include them in the rarity 5 cap. Running into people who play Big Red while loading their SS with things like Elena and Ernst was tiring the first time, let alone the tenth.
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Postby Gota » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Card animation

I would like to see my salamander go RAWR when i attack with it.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby lupos » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Gota wrote:I would like to see my salamander go RAWR when i attack with it.

Me too :/
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Snikkerz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Those cool little card animations in the trailer were pretty much the best thing ever, and that would be #1 on my list of awesome things to see in alteil 2!
Snikkerz

Postby Harion » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:00 pm

^^ include card sounds as well
i'd like to hear my guardian cry out "ouch!"
when attacked, then grunt "furb!" when countering, lol

or hear shouts of "uber-leet to the max times ten!" when my cudgel ss goes off

or phrases like "take that you scum!" when attacking an opponent's LP
--
animation:

i'd like to see cards splatter with blood when closed
with body parts spattering everywhere on the field

creatures and characters bleeding from attacks
or growing some macho muscles when buffed
or glowing a healthy yellow when healed

and...

emitting a maniacal laugh when they kill a card
or a feminine giggle when the card in question is female
--
Harion

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau