What If New Feature Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: What If New Feature Thread

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 pm

I am still very sure it would be great to have a general chat separate from the game.

Just think about it. Many people used to stay logged in just for random chatter. But having the game up lags for many people who do something else meanwhile, so it's a demotivating them to stay.

If there are hardly any people in chat then even the ones who play might feel demotivated to stay logged at times. This is an online game, a social game. Without some random chatter, one might as well play some offline solo games. :?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Savin877 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:55 pm

This thread. Holy christ.

For the topic of the past 3 pages. I only know two people on this forum that actually have Game-Design experience besides Logress and his team. One of them is me and so the other knows who they are. As for "suggestions" it is hard to give them when they have been stated pretty well by others already. Not to mention I made many posts on them before my "Skorn" forum account got wiped for some strange reason after the migration.

Logress and his team, Rom, Fargone, and most of the community know where I stand with pricing, CPC, balance teams, balance in general, errata process, keeping original JP card abilities, etc so as Logress said before I feel it would be silly to post them again here. Although I will offer this suggestion to Logress, if you haven't talked with Yenway or Delita over at the Sword Girl Online forums I highly recommend doing so. I speak more with Yenway because localization is my background but they all could probably offer some great insight to help you out. And as I've told Rom, Fargone, and the others before, feel free to PM/Email me if you ever need help.

Looking forward to see what you all can do once this game is revived. And to my pals Fargone and Romdeau....

Long-time-no-see brofist.
Savin877

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 pm

I'll just point out that players know what they want. It's not alteil us the way it used to be, it's neither alteil jp (well maybe a little) and it's clearly not sword girls, which is in urgent need of revision.

So all that clown parade, that consists of people that bring a game (alteil us) down, needs to move out of the way for the game to thrive.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Hey Skorn,

Long time no see - looking forward to catching up on the new site.

You summed it up pretty well - the suggestions have been made, now is the time to wait and see what comes.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby hexagram » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Is it worth or possible (technically and legally too) to host the game on sites Like Kongreate, Mochi games...

Just atleast for people to play with limeted content to encourage people to go to the main site. e.g. limited shop purchases e.g. no fm lotto...

Or as a guest maybe with a choice of premade deck maybe - guest account is only temporary anyway

I think this could increase the playerbase

Something like playable from facebook would help too I guess.

e.g
http://www.kongregate.com/card-games

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:10 pm

hexagram wrote:I think this could increase the playerbase

I have yet to see a post that states the policy for the playerbase size has changed. Last official announcement said the target audience is a small number.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Why on earth would CoreEdge or Apocaoplay want to direct traffic for their game to other sites? Have you run an online business before hexagram? :?
Romdeau

Postby Khiruki » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Kongregate is actually a valid way to get traffic. ApocoPlay/CoreEdge would get money from people changing Kreds to Gran, and Kongregate has a sizable playerbase of gamers that would join. On the other hand, putting it on Kongregate puts it into direct competition with other TCGs hosted on the site like Tyrant, Berserk Cataclysm, and Card Monsters. You'll also flood the community with Kongregate's community which is... eh. Say what you want about Alteil's community, but at least nobody does homosexual cybering in chat.

But yeah. Kongregate is totally fine for getting people to join the game. You'll just greatly increase the population of people aged 13-17. May be good, may be bad.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau