Mage Soldiers are sorta meh

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Mage Soldiers are sorta meh

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 am

I disagree Ruy being a bad card. It's just balmoa and chamail that are really awful. If those two get a proper fix then i imagine mage soldiers will be good.

Does Gamespot do the balance? Or is it someone else and they just get the hate?

Callonia wrote:Can someone please keep DG off the forums. after all he's banned. He using aznapple to bypass the ban.

Gratz, you're blocked.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby angelspawns » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:04 pm

AznApple2 wrote:To your first argument:
Yes, I am complaining. Because Ryu+Anttila+Balmoa is incredibly inefficient on card space, since you're using more set phases and SP to maximize the output of one card. If we were talking about 60 card files, this wouldn't be an issue. With 25, it's an incredible issue. Those card slots you devote to Anttila/IndianaJones/Mage sword merc girl and Balmoa could have instead been used for other cards to control your opponent like a good Falkow is supposed to.

Silly DG... All support files are like this. It's not a MageSoldiers thing but a general weakness to these kind of files. If you're gonna use these arguments to advocate on Ruy's behaf, you're advocating for all support files to get a powercreep version like Ryu. I'd love for Gravan(TGC) to do with another +30Atk added, etc?

Just because you play a support file now that has weaknesses, it doesn't warrant it for special treatment. Get used to all the SP investment a combo file with support requires. Get used to filespace support occupies. Get used to how Grims and openskills cripple your field when the key unit is down. And get used to do it all with units just as weak(or weaker!) then non-supported ones. Because that's Alteil's view on 'balance' for 11 Sets now, and by those standards Ruy is far above the powercurve.

You know what your problem is? Everything you play must be a 2000RP file. But there are just some commonly shared weaknesses that, dispite how you feel, won't warrant a powercreep to compensate.
angelspawns

Postby Callonia » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Let me think, Wait what, there is no 130 hp units in alteil. But the standard of the bar just got risen to 130 hp minimum for tanks to be not oneshot otherwise they're just worthless in their job as "tank" definition. If oneshot, not tank anymore. Thats what your silly op mage soldiers just did.

Only dragon emperors have that much hp yet, despite that, their hp doesn't rise above 120 at all and they're the "elemental gods of alteil".

And all you need to do to make it even more op is drop a single magic sword grimiore to rise its atk to 80 quickly if you want and you'll be oneshotting 2 tanks at same time in a single turn in a single attack action by your mage soldier if you're lucky enough because most of the tanks only have 70 hp and 4 agility and below oh wait what's this, I see agility 5 on mage soldier, well gee there goes any hope of killing the magesoldierdouche before it can kill my units with action skills or pinpointers.

DG, at this point, I just think you're a paper general. If you don't understand what paper general means, it means you cannot win wars without humongous amount of helping hands from op cards that play on their own without your orders.

And any units that gets dropped into behind the tanks to do combat with mage soldiers because they have action skills that permit them to kill attack immune mage soldiers. Oh wait what, fire arrow? Returns? welp there goes the battle, moving on.

And units that op isn't good for business because people like me will just pack up and move on and not bother and they miss out on getting $$$$$
Little known hint: Alteil is a business, not a gowen fansite.
If magesoldiers enter live like they are in next alteil I won't even bother buying cards for set 11, why bother after all my whole field gets oneshot and there's nothing I can do about it. lulz

Clearly alteil don't want my $$$ that's fine with me actually, it just means i have more money for other games and going back to warhammer 40k quite easily. I've been meaning to buy another full platoon because I lack the soldiers atm. only like have 120 atm or so. Not enough for imperial guard.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:12 pm

angelspawns wrote:You know what your problem is? Everything you play must be a 2000 RP file. But there are just some commonly shared weaknesses that, despite how you feel, won't warrant a powercreep to compensate.

I think the real problem is that the game's goal is winning only. It's winning that counts the most and rewards the most and gives by far a much better reward than anything else.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:14 pm

It was just a month or so ago I heard players disappointed Mage Soldiers didn't have enough support and were well under-par. Sure enough, that was true at the time, but here we are after Set 11's release and now MS has more than necessary support and are most assuredly above-par. Yet somehow people still want them to be even stronger? So far, I haven't seen one logical reasoning yet to justify buffing cards that are clearly already winning considerably over the majority of their matches. On the contrary, this thread is full of excellent reasons to at most leave them as is. I guess people won't be satisfied until the deck's win percentage miraculously exceeds 100% somehow.

Firstly, Balmoa is a support unit, he's not meant to be dishing out massive damage so he doesn't need immediate high atk. That he can raise his atk on his own and then eventually double strike more than compensates for 10 base atk. When it comes to auto vs start skills, 5 agi is the closest you can get. The only point to changing Balmoa to a start would be to stop agi drains from being capable of countering him, at which point only opens and SS will be left. Maybe we should make him immune to those as well?

Which leads to Ryu, 120 dmg on 4 agi may very likely in fact make him surpass Bringer, I'm not completely sure. That along with the hard fact that he should almost always Evade direct attacks and he shouldn't even need any other abilities, but they're there anyways and they certainly don't fall short on their end either. But since people think that's not good enough, hey his hp and def are lower than Folrart Guardian's and we can't have that so let's make him 80hp, 20def, alright? Afterall, Toromea has bigger stats than...

Chamail, has admittedly lowish hp, but has 4 agi and 40 atk. She's only level 2 with theoretical Evasion and 2 range, she's not meant to be tanking damage like Toromea can. As for her action being useless, it's practically pinpoint and then some, at least they didn't make it cost 2sp, there's a bad trend of doing that going around, especially to the basic Slash action. Still, we can't have a card w/ Evade going down to Bringer or 40 dmg SS so what the heck ,let's give her 60 hp to survive even 50 dmg SS while we're at it.

If you hadn't noticed, I used ALOT of sarcasm at the end of those 3 cards, but that just shows how disgusted I am at people actively crying out for an already above average archetype to get buffed to OP status. Just leave them as is, they're already plenty strong enough. Honestly, I'm surprised nobody's suggested Return giving +1sp here while they're at it...
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby AznApple2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Callonia wrote:

DG, at this point, I just think you're a paper general. If you don't understand what paper general means, it means you cannot win wars without humongous amount of helping hands from op cards that play on their own without your orders.

And units that op isn't good for business because people like me will just pack up and move on and not bother and they miss out on getting $$$$$
Little known hint: Alteil is a business, not a gowen fansite.
If magesoldiers enter live like they are in next alteil I won't even bother buying cards for set 11, why bother after all my whole field gets oneshot and there's nothing I can do about it. lulz

Clearly alteil don't want my $$$ that's fine with me actually, it just means i have more money for other games and going back to warhammer 40k quite easily. I've been meaning to buy another full platoon because I lack the soldiers atm. only like have 120 atm or so. Not enough for imperial guard.

1) 2217 RP. You don't get top 5 RP of all time because you play with one hand tied behind your back. Anyone that advocates anything else is described by a single word: SCRUB. There's a reason you see that the characters winning tournaments in fighting games are the top-tier ones, such as Vergil in UMvC3. Because I put together files not to just **** around and "have fun" but to face the best players at their best.

2) If every unit is OP, that's good for business. That's very good for business, in fact. Every unit being OP means you have options. My biggest issue with mage soldiers is the LACK of options that you have if you're playing a mage soldier file.

3) If you don't want to give alteil your $$$, GTFO. Trust me, players with attitudes like yours...WILL. NOT. BE. MISSED.

And in conclusion, yes, I am asking that units that are above unplayable, but certainly below tier 1 be buffed. Not because it's the only file I can put together (I've put together quite a few over the couple of years I've played), but because at some point, it gets boring playing flowchart Urgrant into Chaos Anna all the time. But if you won't give me any other good options, then yes, I'll just cheese the crap out of Urgrant.

I just want some other top meta to play when Urgrant gets boring.

As for "oh you only want to win, you don't want to be creative!" comment:

Listen and listen well: EVERY file starts off as "creative" or "unique" or whatever else it is. A small subset of these files actually WIN, however. But once they're recognized as files that consistently win, they're no longer deemed creative by the scrub population. Suddenly, they're "OPOP META WAAAH NURF NURF NO CREATIVITY LOSER WHAAA". You know, despite the fact that Urgrant was amazingly creative when it first premiered (some iczer whose handle eludes my memory but had a Lich icon created it).

So yeah, any accusation of "you need OPOP cards to win": yes, I like winning. And I like to have many files that can all win spectacularly. Because heck, if I have 10 unique files that can all pull 2k RP, guess what that means?

Oh, herp derp--there are ten separate top tier metas! Variety! There's that "fun" all you scrubs whine over not having!

Get it yet?
AznApple2

Postby BlackSunRx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm

DG, people like losers should not be entertained. He is not a top tier player to even argue with. All he sees is if that card OP or that player is using OP. He sees that player as a non-creative one.

Don't get it into you, we know that your miles ahead in strategy and concepts other than that person who complains about you.

Trust me, it would be a better world of Alteil w/o these scrubs.

Anyway regards to Mage soldiers File - They're niche to me. Haven't seen anyone pull off a good legitimate win.

Since you came into my life. Everything has changed.

You gotta have GUTS.

-Free Player Forever-
BlackSunRx

Postby Haku-Chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:15 pm

i dont have all the cards to this deck and if i had them i think this deck would win a lot more :)This is one of the reason i think this deck needs nerf this deck is because of this battle. also has 78% wins and i do not have proper cards.

https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/auditorium/index.php?id=2329864&code=a2ae41a522ead62495cabdb48ce18762
Last edited by Haku-Chan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haku-Chan

Postby BlackSunRx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Lol, posting a replay in your submission then here? So its not bragging / boasting eh?

You've beaten my UD File. Congratulations.

Since you came into my life. Everything has changed.

You gotta have GUTS.

-Free Player Forever-
BlackSunRx

Postby Haku-Chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:25 pm

hey your the one that said i had bragging rights lol you shouldn't give people that kind of permission. if dont expect to see it. :D Plus, i thought this battle would show how strong mage soldiers are. if played properly even with the lack of cards.
Haku-Chan

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau