On balance and accessibility

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby AquasFire2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 pm

well if a card or a file concept is destroying so many decks.Where it makes you run a specific deck to win against it or a certain file concept.Then i believe it deserved to be nerfed because it is upsetting the balance of what is played.
Image
User avatar
AquasFire2
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Flordia

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby Kittuns » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:23 pm

AquasFire2 wrote:well if a card or a file concept is destroying so many decks.Where it makes you run a specific deck to win against it or a certain file concept.Then i believe it deserved to be nerfed because it is upsetting the balance of what is played.


Do you understand how many possible files there are to make just by randomly throwing cards into a file? Heck, how many ways there are to make a worse version of a tribal file?

Each file only exists because it beats other things.
Kittuns
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby AquasFire2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Kittuns wrote:Each file only exists because it beats other things.

Which I do disagree with dg. I do not think a file should have an impossible chance against a certain file type. That is why; I believe nerfs are necessary.
Nevertheless, I do agree with files having weaknesses to other file types. That because each sphere has a different central design.

Dg but here is my theory of you and all your post.

I understand that you do not like it when a strong op card gets nerfed. Even, though that card can still get top rp with persistence and skill. One of the reasons, I think you want op and non-errata because you hate being surprised by files. That is one of the reasons you camped people. Seems to me someone wants a file where it beats everything because, do not have the ability to adapt in the middle of game play.
Image
User avatar
AquasFire2
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Flordia

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby fargone » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Even if you have accessibility, you still don't want to be restricted to cards XYZ because only those counter cards UVW.

Actually, for those "all cards" tourneys, there were pretty wide distributions of cards used. There would always be a small subset of players (the spikes) who pretty much just choose top meta cards, but there was always a pretty significant percentage of people who would just play for run using whatever cards they wanted.



I often wonder if you understand what "player experience" means, and how it applies not only to what you have said regarding the tourneys, but also how it applies to this thread overall. Or how it applies to all threads where players state their unhappiness regarding balancing issues.

AquasFire2 wrote:...I understand that you do not like it when a strong op card gets nerfed. Even, though that card can still get top rp with persistence and skill. One of the reasons, I think you want op and non-errata because you hate being surprised by files. That is one of the reasons you camped people. Seems to me someone wants a file where it beats everything because, do not have the ability to adapt in the middle of game play.


This is an exceptionally accurate response. Of course, it will only cause more argument as he snowballs into oblivousness.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:20 pm

That was not the right move aquas. Now i predict he will go with the "that's not true, i enjoyed every game vs worthing and other top players" response, so you need to find a way to counter that answer.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby Callonia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:06 pm

fargone wrote:
AquasFire2 wrote:...I understand that you do not like it when a strong op card gets nerfed. Even, though that card can still get top rp with persistence and skill. One of the reasons, I think you want op and non-errata because you hate being surprised by files. That is one of the reasons you camped people. Seems to me someone wants a file where it beats everything because, do not have the ability to adapt in the middle of game play.


This is an exceptionally accurate response. Of course, it will only cause more argument as he snowballs into oblivousness.


Aquafires said what needed to be said about DG.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4748
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:27 pm

AquasFire2 wrote:I understand that you do not like it when a strong op card gets nerfed. Even, though that card can still get top rp with persistence and skill. One of the reasons, I think you want op and non-errata because you hate being surprised by files. That is one of the reasons you camped people. Seems to me someone wants a file where it beats everything because, do not have the ability to adapt in the middle of game play.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: On balance and accessibility

Postby gadu » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:41 pm

AquasFire2 wrote:I understand that you do not like it when a strong op card gets nerfed. Even, though that card can still get top rp with persistence and skill. One of the reasons, I think you want op and non-errata because you hate being surprised by files. That is one of the reasons you camped people. Seems to me someone wants a file where it beats everything because, do not have the ability to adapt in the middle of game play.


Not even Farg could have said it more eloquently. 8-)
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest