Vote for nerf/buff - thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:10 am

Errata does take a lot of planning, so i thought it's best to have a voting thread that should serve as a guide or help for errata.

You can vote for a nerf or buff or no change to any card of your choice. Don't argue because everyone has the right to their own opinion!
Simply state the card(s) you wish to vote for and mention next to them if you want them nerfed, buffed or to stay the same.

I will list the cards in alfabetical order and next to them the vote stats NERF/BUFF/NO CHANGE will be displayed.

LIST:
Beast King / Scarrion - 0 / 2 / 0
Phoenix - 0 / 1 / 0
Millia - 0 / 1 / 0
swallow scout - 0 / 1 / 0

aquas - 100 / 0 / 1

~~~~~

I'll vote for a scarrion buff, it's too weak for a level 7 and it's not worth keeping for a 5 star. You don't need to mention why you vote for a card.
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:31 pm

So where is you vote?

They could implement this on to the main page. No issue with that. Besides we will have an errata anyway!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm

UH Scarrion is strong. He is actually fine the way he is. If you don't believe me, i believe fargone has a playset of 3. I just dont' give a damn about playing scarrion.

Now, i'll vote for a buff to old phoenix from set 1. That card needs serious help because its only playable in gmb decks which got nurfed out of existence.
Callonia

Postby methebest » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Callonia wrote:UH Scarrion is strong. He is actually fine the way he is. If you don't believe me, i believe fargone has a playset of 3. I just dont' give a damn about playing scarrion.

Now, i'll vote for a buff to old phoenix from set 1. That card needs serious help because its only playable in gmb decks which got nurfed out of existence.

yeah scarrion is pretty decent but usaly gets swarmed like most big units do >.>

i also have 3 of him
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

It's usually a good policy for game companies to decide balance and errata by popular vote.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:25 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:It's usually a good policy for game companies to decide balance and errata by popular vote.

But popular vote can be influenced by current what's op topics here.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

That is why id like this as a feature on the main site and have as a requirement to vote a minimum level ...
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Let me make it more clear for you.

You can't do errata by popular opinion through voting. Errata, specifically card strength, gets measured statistically where Logress can see the effect of certain cards run over thousands of games. This is pretty much how balance and errata is done in like every major game ever made. People can get highly biased and not fully understand what is happening if they are used to only playing one sphere at a given skill level. Stats allow you to see what is happening in terms of card strength and card usage at all skill levels and is far more helpful when balancing a game.

Anyone who believes that it is a good idea to balance games by popular opinion won't be taken seriously by anyone who is paid to work on game design/balance.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 pm

It's not happening. Perhaps you forgot to mention something.

And no matter what lack of evidence (such as is the case) you bring up, the number of players dosn't grow.
It dosn't grow because people aren't satisfied by just the idea that a minor group of players decides what's best for them. It has to actually be considered by them good so they can be satisfied and stick to the game ...

Sure one can go against an entire community of players and call them biased, but it dosn't help his cause.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Pretty much every online game is balanced by a smallish group of people who have data collected from thousands (or millions) of games combined with input from a small group of high skill players. That's how it's done everywhere and how any reasonable gaming business would run things.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau