Vote for nerf/buff - thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Name a few, most online games i've played suffered stagnation or closedown and were full of people that disagreed with the system.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:15 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Pretty much every online game is balanced by a smallish group of people who have data collected from thousands (or millions) of games combined with input from a small group of high skill players. That's how it's done everywhere and how any reasonable gaming business would run things.


yes, but some do it better than others.

I also think that any game that completely ignores is consumers fails by default. If the players don't enjoy the game, they will leave. This is not a sport, its a game. I believe successful games do listen to their player base as well as their data. This does not imply they will change things just because the players say so, but it does mean they make considerations based on their words. To ignore the players, or to insult them, is to lose them forever.

Pera, gon's response regarding votes was, I believe, sarcasm. The rest should make sense from there.


Edit:

I would like to add a point here that I think gon misses sometimes in these errata threads - and no, this is not an attack he is just the person who normally responds in these threads.

There are 2 important aspects to consider in making errata:

1) Game data and figures - I believe this is the main basis for errata and should remain so
2) Player experience - If the majority of players don't enjoy a certain aspect of the game is it worth changing?

I can go on about pt 2 all day, and how it needs to interact with pt 1 on every level. But I will try to be as short as possible.

Try to remember this is a game and not a machine. It needs to be fun. It also needs to run as smooth as a machine, but if its not fun, nobody will use the machine anyway. Assuming people can access the cards, a little more emphasis on the experience of the players wouldn't hurt. After all, you are selling an experience, not a table of figures or a mathematical equation.

Therefore, while the game does need to be a well oiled machine, its first priority should be the satisfaction of the experience of the user.
Last edited by fargone on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Companies ignore players all the time. I mean look at Riot. They ignore a lot of BS and do all their balance based off of stats + pro player input + professional game designer input.

A lot of input from average players is good in that it shows what most people like/dislike, but most people are biased or low skill or lack perspective and so aren't taken seriously in balance related issues.
Last edited by GonFreeces31 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby AquasFire2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 pm

yes but half of the top players here are biased and don't hardly support the game there self. and scared of a dramatic change.that would be necessary to turn game around.
Image
User avatar
AquasFire2
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Flordia

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Pretty much every online game is balanced by a smallish group of people who have data collected from thousands (or millions) of games combined with input from a small group of high skill players. That's how it's done everywhere and how any reasonable gaming business would run things.



I'm pretty relatively sure your "highly skilled people" barely spent a dime on this game while ones that did quit long time ago out of boredom. And i think atm, there is three. BSRX and DG touches themselves too much and doesn't spend anything and is a complete invalid if something out of their meta world surprises them, they just roll over and die like aquasfire proved so easily. While worthing probably spends on this game, at least he don't brag and anything and actually plays non-meta decks compared to garbage that is bsrx and dg. I like worthing the most even when its funny for me sometimes to tease him with saying hi worthless.


And what else, bsrx and dg don't even contribute to the community except when they need their egos stroked some more while worthing has made threads that's fun for me to read.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Why does everyone keep comparing DG to rex? They had one conversation together that was akin to mutual masturbation - granted.

But rex is not like DG. Rex doesn't argue balance or nerfs and buffs, he just says "I am the best". Stop insulting him. If you don't like losing to him then quit. After letting him use my account and watching him play, I can attest to rex being able to play any file type and create his own files, unlike DG.

Unless you are aiming to get a serving of attention that you personally don't enjoy, I recommend you back off.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Making pre nerf dilate ruuca diondora antilla with engage ss is knowing how to play? He didn't make it anyways. He copied it and replaced a unit with fail renally before he realized renally was useless.
I put him in the same basket because whenever he loses, he claims it's because he is using underdog (implying using weaker cards).
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Making pre nerf dilate ruuca diondora antilla with engage ss is knowing how to play? He didn't make it anyways. He copied it and replaced a unit with fail renally before he realized renally was useless.
I put him in the same basket because whenever he loses, he claims it's because he is using underdog (implying using weaker cards).


Well done, you mentioned one file. He made more than 10 files on my account. 9 out of those 10 files had a =>90% win rate. Can you say the same? If not, I detect a note of jealousy, and it amuses me. Ultimately, I don't care if ppl call him out for boasting - he is guilty of it after all.

However, I feel that it is unfair to compare him to dg in forums. I take affront to that.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:40 pm

fargone wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:Making pre nerf dilate ruuca diondora antilla with engage ss is knowing how to play? He didn't make it anyways. He copied it and replaced a unit with fail renally before he realized renally was useless.
I put him in the same basket because whenever he loses, he claims it's because he is using underdog (implying using weaker cards).


Well done, you mentioned one file. He made more than 10 files on my account. 9 out of those 10 files had a =>90% win rate. Can you say the same? If not, I detect a note of jealousy, and it amuses me. Ultimately, I don't care if ppl call him out for boasting - he is guilty of it after all.

However, I feel that it is unfair to compare him to dg in forums. I take affront to that.

9 files. Let me guess.
Ainhazard 1
Ruuca dilate 2
Mid gowen 4
Big gowen 1
"Underdog" 1

Not saying those are op. Just guessing.

I'm starting to put you in the same basket as them too. The things you say are just too similar. Telling people that they feel jealous. Please.
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Vote for nerf/buff - thread

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Companies ignore players all the time. I mean look at Riot. They ignore a lot of BS and do all their balance based off of stats + pro player input + professional game designer input.

A lot of input from average players is good in that it shows what most people like/dislike, but most people are biased or low skill or lack perspective and so aren't taken seriously in balance related issues.


Are you suggesting that riot didn't make the player's experience top priority when they made LoL? Considering their business model (the key to its success) I fail to see how that is so.

Are you also suggesting that if the players' experience was lacking that they would ignore them? Does this also suggest that if they lost most of their player base, that they would not change anything in the way they conduct their business?

Can you recognise their testers are paid professionals as well as the entirety of their (very large) staff? These testers are available as needed and work full or part time to comprehensively test everything. Alteil does not have these resources at hand. Relying on a few non-professional testers' non-professional opinions is not what I would describe as solid ground. I hope you don't think riot uses data only in it's analyses.

It's nice to be able to use games that were auto-successes for your comparisons but i wonder what the two games actually have in common. Unless you can see LoL's business model working for alteil, and unless you see alteil with the same comprehensive staff, I'm not really sure your point is relevant in this instance as an immutable truth.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests