Evolution skill

User suggestions to improve the game

Evolution skill

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 am

Hi all,

This really doesn't fit the criteria for the "what if" threadbut the idea is sound (to me at least).

In addition to wanting end skills (hopefully a feature our cards will get when we get to A2 sets), I was thinking about "evolution" andhow it should apply to our cards since we have several characters who grow up in the series. It is a bit late now but here is an idea for future evolving cards and how it might work.

Here is an example:

Dilate and ibert card lv3 falkow/lv3 gowen.
Conditional use: falkow lv 3 or higher. Gowen level 3 or higher. Ex brave mercenary dilate or brave mercenary dilate is on field. Ibert is on field. This card has it's sp cost reduced by 2.

Another manner could be "overlay". So if you have a character such as say solar prince. You overlay the earlier version with the newer card at a discount. it would be worded something along the lines of conditional use: solar prince verlaat is on field send that card directly to the you get sp equal to that card's original level+ (x) this card takes that card's position on the board.

You could come up with all kind of cool combo's based onthe "storyline". I don't thinkthis is something that could be retrofitted but could certainly be something for future sets assuming we ever get the legal work done.

Why did A2 not have any difficulties with a change over and we did? Is it because there is a divison of ownership inAlteil US ie a partnership between logress and company and coredge whereas coredge owns A2 outright? I thought Satonoko was staying on with your crew- she couldn't translate the paperwork or was it written in a manner you need a lawyer's translation. Swiftly approaching Sept 1.......

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Re: Evolution skill

Postby gadu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Satonoko and Onigiri were probably lackeys of JP. They didn't appear to do any work on US Alteil.

At least Satonoko posted once every two months. DJ Onigiri should never have been named a GM. He probably made a total of one post about his awful 5* pre-builts and then disappeared from the face of US Alteil.

I don't think either of these people ever cared much about US Alteil; they were just assigned to the job by JP and treated it as a stepping stone.

I want to see an evolution Zagar file.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby asxlen64 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 am

Wow mr death, i guess you missed the new a2 feature jp released for set13, its called DUAL UNIT, how it works is, there are 2 cards, a SUN and a MOON. you can summon either one you want first, and use their abilities for each form, and some even have form change, like the gowen one teresa, her action for 2sp, one form(i think its her sword form) does hp=0 to a lvl4 in range and then exchanges her for her 2nd form(im thinking its her gun form) whos action 2sp does hp-atk to 3random enemies or lvl3 or less in rng. they aint super cool(except the lawtia i suppose) but least its a start, i mean the bridal evolution are PURE WIN imo
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby harvest4god » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:31 am

Evolution: Hmmmmm
We could all go play pokemon the card game :)
harvest4god

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 am

Harvest,

That doesn't tell me much. I only know how L5R does theirs. They have a base unit and if that unit stays alive during the arc or era time period of those sets they get experienced. You can lay over the experienced and exchange out the earlier version for less gold.
I need my games with a certain level of violence and bloodshed. Hopefully, with a twist of betrayals, heroics, and greek tragedy. Somehow, I don't think pokeman fits that billing.
L5r does an excellent job of allowing the players interaction to the fantasy world that the card game creates and it's storyline. That was a process I thought Alteil was supposed to uphold as well but they have been fairly lacking in that department if you ask me- aside from some player card art here and there.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby asxlen64 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

harvest4god wrote:Evolution: Hmmmmm

lol i am very glad that was your first train of thought, you know how many card games have the evolution feature, too many count(something like 6 of them) but problem mr death has about alteil.usa getting into the evolution business, is first we need to get the special summoning in effect, and eventually endskill as well, even a few other stuff we dont even have, its a long list and its going to be a while before it happens. also fun fact, alteil.jp added special summoning to a1, and IT SUCKS.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
asxlen64

Postby fargone » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:32 pm

asxlen64 wrote:
harvest4god wrote:Evolution: Hmmmmm

lol i am very glad that was your first train of thought, you know how many card games have the evolution feature, too many count(something like 6 of them) but problem mr death has about alteil.usa getting into the evolution business, is first we need to get the special summoning in effect, and eventually endskill as well, even a few other stuff we dont even have, its a long list and its going to be a while before it happens. also fun fact, alteil.jp added special summoning to a1, and IT SUCKS.

Alteil US doesn't HAVE to do anything. One of the things I am looking forward to is seeing what Alteil US CHOOSES to do.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 pm

fargone wrote:Alteil US doesn't HAVE to do anything. One of the things I am looking forward to is seeing what Alteil US CHOOSES to do.

Famous last words fargone, but yes, i do too look forward to what USA has in store, im sure it wont be horrible like the last time aka "kingkey emana" :x
asxlen64

Postby gadu » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm not entirely sure how special summoning works, but it looks like that card was bringing units to the field without any cost and that seems like strongest skill ever introduced to Alteil. I'd be hesistant making a skill work that way.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby harvest4god » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Harvest,

That doesn't tell me much. I only know how L5R does theirs. They have a base unit and if that unit stays alive during the arc or era time period of those sets they get experienced. You can lay over the experienced and exchange out the earlier version for less gold.
I need my games with a certain level of violence and bloodshed. Hopefully, with a twist of betrayals, heroics, and greek tragedy. Somehow, I don't think pokeman fits that billing.
L5r does an excellent job of allowing the players interaction to the fantasy world that the card game creates and it's storyline. That was a process I thought Alteil was supposed to uphold as well but they have been fairly lacking in that department if you ask me- aside from some player card art here and there.

No one understands a good sarcastic joke lol.

I have actually downloaded yugioh on my psp to get my card game fix for now. Oh the shame.
harvest4god

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau