Evolution skill

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Evolution skill

Postby Logress » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 am

Satonoko and Onigiri were GP employees. They were assigned to Alteil US at launch, but Alteil US did not turn the numbers they were expecting in the first few months (we actually only missed the goal by like 5% on the most ambitious month... and their goals for the first two months were totally unrealistic because the changes they made inconvenienced players (like account merging) but they expected the numbers to go up from when MB was running it as opposed to down). Anyway, after that Onigiri was moved to a different project, but he tried to make time to help out (on his own time), especially on stuff like ideas for new cards and yes, the ill-fated pre-builts. Satonoko stayed on Alteil but they kept giving her work on other projects in addition --more and more over time-- until once again, her time on Alteil was essentially volunteer work.
Needless to say, when Core Edge was re-created and Alteil was returned to them, Satonoko and Onigiri left GP to go work for Core Edge.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Those prebuilts onigiri came up with still pissed me off to this day. What a disgrace. In most companies if you offer a product that expensive that's completely amateurish you should get fired in my opinion. It's just unprofessional and insulting to your player base. Please never bring them up again. I felt so bad for all the people who bought those hoping they'd be able to win games in Folrart only to get crushed and then feel like **** about losing AND wasting money.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 pm

I agree, the next time (if ever...) you decide to launch another pricey pre-built, make sure a person who's actually good with the American version of Alteil designs and tests it.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 pm

5% doesn't sound so bad to me..

And actually, onigiri's prebuilt was pretty good way to get that elusive verlaat from set 1. I know how hard he is to get, i tried few times and not a single copy of verlaat.
Callonia

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi logress et al.

Thanks for the heads up. When you say numbers do you mean money, number of players, number of paying players? So many different numbers in Alteil.
Shame because it seems so much of Alteil has to be run on "volunteer time" and that will only happen for people who truly love the game. I love the game and have a huge vested interest so if i had more time and computer ability I would certainly give you more help. I mean honestly, when you look at the other online ccg's outside of MTG, they are a joke compared to Alteil. it is clearly successful in Japan so that should translate to other formats quite well. I think trying to force the japanese method on the rest was it's undoing.

Have you given thought to the ideas put forward in the thread for improvements? What is the possibility of end skills' evolutionskills etc.

One of the main problems might be that the forum is not indicitave of the attitudes and purchasing of your "normal" playerbase. Personally, i think the attitude of the forums is heavily slanted towards us paying players as we feel we have something invested which to some degree is true.

logress, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You need to update the "mob" on the progress. the days only go faster once you have kids- trust me i know I have 2. Soon you will feel like you are a taxideiver as a second job for which you won't be paid.
Cheers,
AD

Ps: keep up the hard work and will see you on the other side.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau