High number of weak cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: High number of weak cards

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 pm

It's natural he feels overwhelmed, same as you'd be if you were tasked to draw the blueprint of a building. See you aren't an architect and ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 pm

fargone wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:Balancing match-ups this well is EXTREMELY hard and takes an absurd amount of time.

I agree this task would be difficult indeed. I am convinced it is above your current ability. I don't need to explain why. It is for this reason I would absolutely love to hear of some changes to the testing team. Personally, I'd love to see a more professional approach.

"It's too hard" is not an acceptable answer in my book - you would have been better to simply remain silent on that one.

If you had experience trying to balance this game you would understand. Logress knows what he is doing.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 pm

You aren't Logress.

Logress depends on what he is doing and has to make sure he achieves profit. Even if he fails or does something wrong, it's still somewhere within his interest to change things to actually benefit him somehow.
What i trust about Logress and that kind of trust can't be broken imo, is the fact that he has to do something right!

You on the other hand have no real relevance in that matter. It's not your income and you are not even anyway near even having put together an argument.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 pm

There are lots of things that sound nice, but are really hard to achieve in practice. No one believes in dumb useless cards, it just kind of happens and is partially a function of the Folrart environment. The sentiment that all matchups should be 4-6 instead of 8-2 or 9-1 sounds nice. No one would disagree with that. The problem is actually doing it. People around here that think it is something that can just "be done" are highly underscoring the difficulty of balancing a game like this. Anyone who has actually done balance work would understand.

I mean if you look at some of Sirlins games like Yomi, he has a crew of volunteers - around 10 or 20 who spend time each day trying to balance just 10 characters and it took months if not an entire year to reach the point where 4-6 matchups are as bad as it gets. Other games like Riot has plenty of staff and millions of dollars at their disposal and they still cannot properly balance new champions they release. Alteil does not have a plethora of helpers or millions of dollars.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby methebest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 am

if all the erata was done pupblicly and tested with the test server they are making things might go quite well.

so like logress uses his data to choose cards that need buffing/nerfing come up with buffs/nerfs and he could do a poll so people could choose what they think would be the best, then it goes to the test server where people can try out the cards then give feed back or something.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Icyglare » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:40 pm

methebest wrote:if all the erata was done pupblicly and tested with the test server they are making things might go quite well.

so like logress uses his data to choose cards that need buffing/nerfing come up with buffs/nerfs and he could do a poll so people could choose what they think would be the best, then it goes to the test server where people can try out the cards then give feed back or something.

That would be nice if things were ideal but think of it this way. Look at all this forum rage over cards, I don't think it will be fair plus forums alts.

I think when it comes to balance, Logress is the best we have. When it comes to balanced (advanced thinking) card games, this is the most balanced one to me.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Icyglare wrote:When it comes to balanced (advanced thinking) card games, this is the most balanced one to me.

This. **** all you want, Alteil is still really, really balanced as far as CCGs go. If we just compare formats, vintage to vintage it's better than MtG even. Even the broken stuff is just above the curve and not game breaking in general (or gets fixed anyway).
LoneKnight

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 pm

LoneKnight wrote:
Icyglare wrote:When it comes to balanced (advanced thinking) card games, this is the most balanced one to me.

This. **** all you want, Alteil is still really, really balanced as far as CCGs go. If we just compare formats, vintage to vintage it's better than MtG even. Even the broken stuff is just above the curve and not game breaking in general (or gets fixed anyway).

Naw, I have to say MTG is arguably more worse in accessibility...I have a bunch of MTG cards and noone to duel with.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Would play planewalkers challenge if it allowed more deck editing freedom.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Well, you can either try FNM, MtGO or Cockatrice if you want to play.
LoneKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau