Stop selling single copies altogether

User suggestions to improve the game

Stop selling single copies altogether

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:41 pm

I was in chat questioning why Alteil struggles when compared with games like Warmetal or Tyrant. We questioned how these games are able to succeed with crappy to no game play and also questioned why people spend money there and don't feel ripped off, while people spending here often feel unhappy after spending.

One of the reasons we came up with was being able to actually use what you purchase straight away. Alteil has the 3 card issue. In order to resolve this issue, I would like to suggest that when the shop is addressed, that single copies are removed altogether, and priced accordingly.

Why make this suggestion? Player experience.

People want to know that when they spend money, they will get something for it. They want results. They want to enjoy the fruits of their spending straight away. Purchasing single copies can leave a person frustrated and feeling ripped off. You absolutely never want your clients to feel ripped off when spending in your business.

With new shop implementations, new player reward system being put into place, this is something that could be implemented that would resolve (IMO) a lot of bad feelings brought on by poor shop choices.

No other card game has a system where you can buy cards that you can't actually use. This one shouldn't either.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Re: Stop selling single copies altogether

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Yeah they definately need to do something to change the massive money sink hole that is the current purchasing system. I think Logress said he had plans for this but they haven't specifically gone into detail about what it was.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Thank you Fargone.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:34 pm

There is some cards that function amazingly even just on a single copy..

The zombie lord zuga that refreshes for 2 sp on close.
allind
zagar
sergis
bringer
etc

They're the kind that makes you giggle if you get them for first time because they can be usable even with a single copy.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:55 pm

So how about a triple pack at 450 gran that includes a guaranteed 3 star?

Tyrant is still a rip off in itself.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Like any selling system. Perhaps they should offer a purchasing option for all cards at all levels (rarity) as buy 1x card equals x gran, 2x said card is x gran at ?%discount, buy 3x card at ? % discount. Go to thegrocery store you see it every day., why is alteil so different?
AD

Give the users spendingoptions you will make money. Noone likes randomness.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 am

AngelicDeath wrote:Like any selling system. Perhaps they should offer a purchasing option for all cards at all levels (rarity) as buy 1x card equals x gran, 2x said card is x gran at ?%discount, buy 3x card at ? % discount. Go to thegrocery store you see it every day., why is alteil so different?
AD

Give the users spendingoptions you will make money. Noone likes randomness.

That reminds me of Shadow Era. You can buy any card straightaway.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby ChiYoung » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 am

Buying single cards wouldn't work well in alteil. The game is balanced (poorly) around rarity. I challenge any level 150+ person to use nothing but 3* or less rare cards. You'll see nothing but undead and pixies.

I like the purchasing idea, but you can't allow people to buy high rarity cards, it would flub the system. Why not just sell sets of low rarity cards, like the card of the day?

And angelicdeath, can you please make your sig smaller? I can cut if for you, if you want.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 am

I don't see the relationship between balance and puchasing cards. Chi- are you saying that if we could pinpont cards (say there was a pt card buying option) everyone would buy the 5 stars and play with them? Or that the paying players would have all the good cards and the free guys stuck with lower rarity cards? I have always been favoured to a bell curve onthe cards-i think it pretty much exists in alteil but it's tail might be a bit skewed to the right.

Regarding the sig- i would gladly make it smaller if there is a way to do it without losing resolution. Each time i attempt a compression it gets all distorted. I can pm the pic to you if you want to make an attempt at it.
Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Ropey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 am

I'm in the biggest clan in Tyrant and I don't care to get into an argument over how good or bad the game is.

I'm just looking at the last post I made in the forums on the quality of the new set. 1,726 views in under 24hrs.

I've spent £50 on the new set knowing that it will come out in a few months in the random vault which cycles 8 cards every 2hrs. 1 card will cost me the same as a pack, but I know what I'm getting.

The games rewards you a lot for just playing in more ways than I care to list. The free players are kept happy as some of the best cards are rewarded after missions. Or your loyalty to Clans.

The only reasons I can think that it does far better than Alteil is because it treats it free players better, knowing that some of them will finally get sucked in, and those in between will also follow. The fact that it is on Kongregate helps, as I think this game should be?

I keep meaning to start a Tyrant thread as I was going to do on Urban Rivals promoting this game, but both sets of players would be so put off by not only the shop, but also the pathetic reward system in comparison to what they are used to. I just would not embarrass myself. You can s.l.a.g off and think what you want about the afore mentioned games in this comparative microcosom of Alteil . But ignore the 1000's of potential players and revenue at your peril.
Last edited by Ropey on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau