Nerf Shade

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf Shade

Postby Icyglare » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 am

gadu wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Except you're not trying to seduce your opponent ... :shock:

I could complain about how she won't use Return on my phone calls/texts but I decided I'm going to look past that and try something that will be Returned.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 am

Icyglare wrote:
I could complain about how she won't use Return on my phone calls/texts but I decided I'm going to look past that and try something that will be Returned.

Try showing her your Balls of Flame. :shock:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby InfernityFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am

The innuendo in this thread is over 9000!
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

gadu wrote:
Icyglare wrote:

Try showing her your Balls of Flame. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yDhVyP9oU

I think i wrote up an alteil version of the lyrics in a thread some long time ago. Something about allind having big balls of fire.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 am

With all the Jewel SP controversy going on right now, I just wanted to talk about how with Shade, SP drain SS, Death & Destiny, Removals, Excorcist... it's not unusual for me to have a 5-10+ SP lead per match. Needless to say, I've won 90% of my matches. To the Falkow QQ'ers, thanks for deflecting attention away from Shade + Friends and giving Lawt a free ride. :D
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Pikeru » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:39 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Hmm so you need to adjust your decisions based on what you're interacting with. Wow! This is just like how in Alteil you need to think about who it is you're playing against and adjust your decisions to your opponent!

Cool!!!

That in itself can be a problem. If one player is consistently in the arena playing the same deck, it's only natural to know what he'll be playing. However, nobody can be expected to keep a detailed record of every player. That's absolutely psychotic and would lead anyone not already there into pure psychosis.

Now, it would be far more reasonable to judge your opponent's deck based on their opening, but when everyone starts playing the exact same open, that becomes an impossibility as well. It's good to consider what your opponent may be playing an adjust accordingly, but when it limits you to a very tiny card pool and you can predict your opponent's next play almost psychically, everything becomes rehearsed and tedious without room for innovation. It's good to talk about giving Lawtia another generic open as alternative to shade, but the underlying problem still exists: Would anybody play that card instead? Answer: Not unless it had an effect along the lines of "Your opponent gets -2 sp." Options are only viable if they can give a reasonable benefit over using a different card.

Falkow's abuse of return effects is an extremely valid issue, but perhaps one for a different thread? Let's not take on too many problems simultaneously.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Jazzock » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Pikeru wrote:Now, it would be far more reasonable to judge your opponent's deck based on their opening, but when everyone starts playing the exact same open, that becomes an impossibility as well.

^ Has to do that when playing big noze... guess wrong within 4 turns and I'm basically screwed.

Pikeru wrote:Not unless it had an effect along the lines of "Your opponent gets -2 sp."

I swear shade actually had that at one point....
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby methebest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 am

Jazzock wrote:
Pikeru wrote:Not unless it had an effect along the lines of "Your opponent gets -2 sp."

I swear shade actually had that at one point....

it did
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau