Alteil Story Mode

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Alteil Story Mode

Postby VertuHonagan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:27 am

I have also been thinking of an idea for a story mode within alteil. I thought of this a few weeks ago, but never had the time to type it all out.

Here's what I had in mind:

In story mode you will get to choose which sphere you will align with. You will play through that spheres storyline through little bits of story between games with NPC characters. Each battle will be done using a set file that will include character interactions with the NPC character cards. You would play through that spheres story all the way till you beat the final Batora, the final fight should be very tough but also possible, using a set file or using any file you can create out of all of that spheres cards. After beating the final boss you will be able to play from the side of Batora. Using the Batora cards you must fight the champions of each sphere. The champions would
be NPC characters using a set file from that sphere, or they could be the best file a player has come up with for that sphere. After beating the champions of each sphere you would have some kind of alternate Batora ending. A sort of what if kind of thing for fun.

The batora battles won't necessarily be tough to win, but it would be fun to use those cards that were so tricky to figure out how to beat at first. :D I was thinking that for the games from the Batora side you would only gain 1random 2* card and 20 fm for each win.

As you beat the NPC's you will be rewarded with card and gran. At first you only get a 1* card that was in the file you used and 1 gran. As you progress through the story and the NPC's become tougher the rewards will increase as well. I was thinking something along the lines of this:

2* card and 3 gran
3* card and 5 gran
4* card and 10 gran
5* card and 20 gran for beating the final boss off that story line.

As rewards are pretty nice as you progress I was thinking that the sphere of your choice would be free, and the Batora alternate ending would be free, but if you wanted to play the story line from the other spheres you could buy them from the shop for 1500 gran each.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 am

VertuHonagan wrote:I have also been thinking of an idea for a story mode within alteil. I thought of this a few weeks ago, but never had the time to type it all out.

Here's what I had in mind:

In story mode you will get to choose which sphere you will align with. You will play through that spheres storyline through little bits of story between games with NPC characters. Each battle will be done using a set file that will include character interactions with the NPC character cards. You would play through that spheres story all the way till you beat the final Batora, the final fight should be very tough but also possible, using a set file or using any file you can create out of all of that spheres cards. After beating the final boss you will be able to play from the side of Batora. Using the Batora cards you must fight the champions of each sphere. The champions would
be NPC characters using a set file from that sphere, or they could be the best file a player has come up with for that sphere. After beating the champions of each sphere you would have some kind of alternate Batora ending. A sort of what if kind of thing for fun.

The batora battles won't necessarily be tough to win, but it would be fun to use those cards that were so tricky to figure out how to beat at first. :D I was thinking that for the games from the Batora side you would only gain 1random 2* card and 20 fm for each win.

As you beat the NPC's you will be rewarded with card and gran. At first you only get a 1* card that was in the file you used and 1 gran. As you progress through the story and the NPC's become tougher the rewards will increase as well. I was thinking something along the lines of this:

2* card and 3 gran
3* card and 5 gran
4* card and 10 gran
5* card and 20 gran for beating the final boss off that story line.

As rewards are pretty nice as you progress I was thinking that the sphere of your choice would be free, and the Batora alternate ending would be free, but if you wanted to play the story line from the other spheres you could buy them from the shop for 1500 gran each.

I like your idea. But I think making all sphere story mode free with reduced reward is better.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Mykenae » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:38 pm

A single storyline would be a lot easier to make than four/five, I think, and it would have the benefit of helping introduce players to all four spheres at the same time. Picking a sphere and going with it, even just in terms of storyline, implicitly encourages the player to pick a sphere and ignore all others. I ended up making that mistake early on in my Alteil career--I played Falkow Sea Serpent Prebuilt exclusively, got a Limier in one of the rarity up lottos, and ended up recycling it because I didn't play Lawtia and, from what I could tell from all the complaints on the forums, Refess was laughably underpowered. It's just that sort of misunderstanding that Alteil needs to address, and a unified story mode would do the job quite nicely, I think.
Mykenae

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau