How would a 2v2 look like?

User suggestions to improve the game

How would a 2v2 look like?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm

source: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13515
MysteryMan wrote:- Start experimenting with new game types such as draft tournaments and >2 player games.

I still can't believe you consider a 2v2 (perhaps even free for all big games?), i mean i am waiting for years to see that! (since around set 1?)

But how exactly would you go about it?
I've read at the very least 10 ideas of how it could work and from those you can draw the conclusion you can have even more than that.

1. First of all if you remember my 2v2 tourney from back in forgot what set (4? 5?), then there were two duels running at once, 1 player from each team. The winner from each were then dueling to decide which team wins the round. Draw resulted in a rematch but this time opponents were switched.

2. Most people asked for the straightforward solution of just sharing the same field and then be allowed to choose which rival iczer you attack.
This implies a lot of strategic depth and close cooperation with your mate. Random teams of 2 would be chaotic but still fun to play for sure (if the match up is done right).

3. There was even the idea of having 9 squares for each player. But i find this a wrong approach simply because it makes some of the cards far stronger than in solo and others far weaker.
Random column target has a higher chance to hit that uninteresting lonely wisp on a column.
Allind now hits 18 of the enemy squares instead of 9... etc.

Most discussions were all about how you change the field to suit the 2v2 play style.

4. Some even said it would be great to have a 4x4 / 5x5 field size instead of the 3x3
This greatly increases the usefulness of range a card has.

5. There was also a lot of focus on how the SS and LP should be connected.
- There are two main categories, shared and separate LP.
- Then if separated LP / SS, do you get to choose who to iczer?

~~~~~

There were simply an awful lot of ideas. More than i can remember and list here.
Anyways, I personally like having:
- same field size
- same deck size
- same LP and SS
- you get to choose whom to iczer
- partners share the same field
- all 4 players can play a card each round, which means adding two open slots
- SP stays separated

The units will obviously still attack based on AGI, the openings will still trigger based on AGI.
I think this set up simply asks for most strategic planning and cooperation out of all.

~~~~~

And obviously team mates needs to be able to talk in their own chat as well as have a chatbox to talk with the opponents.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: How would a 2v2 look like?

Postby Callonia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Allind now hits 18 of the enemy squares instead of 9... etc.

So what? Its an aoe spell, deal with it. If you dont like that idea, well, don't play 2v2. And it also means aoe healing spells is just powerful as allind bomb.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Callonia wrote:

So what? Its an aoe spell, deal with it. If you dont like that idea, well, don't play 2v2. And it also means aoe healing spells is just powerful as allind bomb.

I was presenting different ideas. Not just the one, lol!

Why don't you tell everyone what your own preference is?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
Callonia wrote:

I was presenting different ideas. Not just the one, lol!

Why don't you tell everyone what your own preference is?

Still pointing out that healing spells of similar nature will simply increase in strength too just like allind's bomb.

but yeah, i think 2v2 fields should be like six across and 3 deep on both sides of field.
Cooperation would be important if you're playing something like manga overflow, boulder toss, volcano wyvern, and aivault.
Oh and character backlash must be still in place so a team can't just summon two onani master dilates on their side of field.
There would be really strong combos that's not possible today like, zombie army with full support of refess should be really trolly because it'll have protection from max hp hate alot.

However I suspect that Afel will be having wet dreams about spamming lol murder spam on all 18 slots of enemy units.

And chat interactive induel would have to be reworked to include a battle chat and team chat. Battle talk for putting the rival iczer down or whatever and team chat for discussion with your ally.

Newbies have something to gain as well, because they could be thrown together with an experienced player and fight along with him/her. And getting to live longer than normal and possibly learn something.

Just something off the tip of my head atm.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Callonia wrote:However I suspect that Afel will be having wet dreams about spamming lol murder spam on all 18 slots of enemy units.

Welcome to the Afel meta! Nothing but will o wisps, that lawtia reviving priest, revivals, and sylphs!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Ya, i guess every new mod they introduce will have it's own metas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if the field is 6 squares large, how is it counted exactly?
1 to 9 squares side by side with another set of 1 to 9 squares? I mean, otherwise cards like jerry wouldn't get their double effect, no?
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Callonia wrote:However I suspect that Afel will be having wet dreams about spamming lol murder spam on all 18 slots of enemy units.

Welcome to the Afel meta! Nothing but will o wisps, that lawtia reviving priest, revivals, and sylphs!

I don't know what you mean but my zagar stared down afel just fine.

Peralisc9001 wrote:Ya, i guess every new mod they introduce will have it's own metas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if the field is 6 squares large, how is it counted exactly?
1 to 9 squares side by side with another set of 1 to 9 squares? I mean, otherwise cards like jerry wouldn't get their double effect, no?

Just like this. And clearly, Jerry would need to be errata'd for 2v2 battles, and yes, double its effect. like it hits all three columns it now hits all six columns. Problem solved.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 am

Heh. isn't it better if it's more like this:

1 2 3 1 2 3

while the close removal order would be as you said?
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 am

I think this is the worst idea in the sprint. It's something that would make a fun tournament, and could me phased in if we ever have more than 20 players on line actually playing.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby methebest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:37 am

to me the best way to do 2v2 would be to have 4 fields and you had to choose what field your unit grim or ss efected
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau