Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 am

I mean there still hasn't been a good argument presented why the card is OP. What's really funny is that cards that are ACTUALLY OP like MD Aug and overdose aren't even being talked about.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:41 am

PROFESSOR!!!

FAST SETUP!!!

BADDDDDDD!!!

I made it simple for you to understand. I can do no more.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I mean there still hasn't been a good argument presented why the card is OP. What's really funny is that cards that are ACTUALLY OP like MD Aug and overdose aren't even being talked about.

Lemme tell you why....

Its because people get to fight back instead of being forced to do nothing and press skip.

Remember Defs? if you ran an fun deck, you forced to do nothing but press skip turn endlessly.

If falkow wins return lock well, opponent has to press give up because duel is already decided unless you can drop something really big enough to turn the duel and that's not even counting the sin sses that keep fight in falkow favor. Because they can just let a twerp die and send some lvl 1 spirit to be sin'd to get rid of something they will have difficult dealing with and restore the return spam lockdown.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:06 am

Just let Gon have his opinion and let this thread drop. The only person capable of convincing him is Logress and a statistical analysis that forces him to acknowledge it.
Romdeau

Postby methebest » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 am

Romdeau wrote:Just let Gon have his opinion and let this thread drop. The only person capable of convincing him is Logress and a statistical analysis that forces him to acknowledge it.

this
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Muklas » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:29 am

^Seconded.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 am

With the current activity rate any statistics would only prove the activity rate is way too low to prove anything with statistics reliably.

I don't think Jewel is OP. I think Jewel is strong, probably as strong as stuff like Shade. I also think people are way too fast to make topics like these when they encounter a card that forces them to play around it.
LoneKnight

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 am

I second loneknight's comment.
I think the open is very strong -probably more sound if you don't do the mediator ss so that it has a higher chance to succeed on a regular basis. Is it OP-only time will tell. It is certainly a more favourable open than using mdoll defective. Clearly the card would have been no issue had it been in lawtia or maybe even refess-in gowen it would set up BkR that much faster i would think.

I don't think Gon's statements are that out of line. It's his opinion and i believe he has tried to support it with his thoughts rather than belittle those opposing it. As Rom said he is not going to change his mind despite all the solid arguments you place before him.

The card itself is not necessarily the issue it is the combinations it currently allows and the inability to disrupt it since it lies within the disruption sphere if you will.

I can only hope that in the next set they design cards where we can get more lv2 opens back into the fray. It would be great if every sphere had to contend with the possibility that eachother sphere had multiple viable options available to them.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby angelspawns » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 am

I'm hating more on Ryu, Overdose, PhoenixChick.

But i still don't like the edge Jewel gives to Falkow. I know i get fielded SP back at some point aswell, sure i'll get to my 1st LP too(and thus break even again). But it's like giving both players 4SP, where 1 player gets his at the beginning while the other has to wait... till his opponent decided to "grant" it.
It's no secret SP in the beginning is much more valuable then later on. Specially when you have to fight for fieldpresence, which you do against Falkow much more then against anything else.

Jewel is a balanced card based on its mechanics. But Falkow isn't a balanced sphere to put it in.
But i know i'll never convince Gon of that fact. He's convinced Falkow early game is balanced out by Shade's exsistence. Dispite the fact Shade is only balancing Lawtia, still doesn't put a Cath opening BEHIND in the SP curve(unlike everything else getting succesfully shaded), prevents everybodies cards from getting played not only his debated returns and is dodgable.
Shade isn't balancing Falkow; Shade is pestering everybody. But if anything, Falkow has the best tools against it to fight back on the SP curve.

*edit*
And yes, Refess focussed on defense is the most strategical. Simply because you have to take it all and be the last one standing.
I do wish more was focussed on this kind of preventative/counter play (like more Royal Guard, ExBardia & fortune openings). Instead they all seem to bring out more tools to overpower the opponent instead of outsmarting. :|
Last edited by angelspawns on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:24 am

You're right callonia, refess seems the most strategical right now.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau