Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:53 am

Anima13 wrote:But this remids me: Shvara this card should be nerfed.

Why don't we randomly throw in Legrye or Serpent to that list as well.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 am

Shvara is a very good card not an oped one. He can really fail if your opponent knows what they are doing.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 am

I think being one of the most expensive units in the game to field and revive in addition to potentially being neutered via DF or AT manipulation pretty much balances him out.

Oh and that open skill lock out. On top of his mediocre level 4 stats (rng1, 40hp, AGI2).
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Well, after a couple of days I can certainly understand the jewel->faytis argument being OP. It shuts out a lot of level 2 opens pretty hard and if it ever became popular, it would basically remove level 2's from being viable openers. So the problem is figuring out a way to stop this combo.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Romdeau wrote:Well, after a couple of days I can certainly understand the jewel->faytis argument being OP. It shuts out a lot of level 2 opens pretty hard and if it ever became popular, it would basically remove level 2's from being viable openers. So the problem is figuring out a way to stop this combo.

I got hit by jewel/faytis is pretty good. a couple of days ago but any kind of return spam tactic is good against solar kingdom anyways.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:53 pm

The other open I like is Defect -> Shade with SP and Assassain SS. It can give an even bigger advantage depending on what you hit.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby fargone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Romdeau wrote:Well, after a couple of days I can certainly understand the jewel->faytis argument being OP. It shuts out a lot of level 2 opens pretty hard and if it ever became popular, it would basically remove level 2's from being viable openers. So the problem is figuring out a way to stop this combo.

Agreed 100%

If this can not be addressed it will completely transform the game and possibly drive some sphere out of competitive use.

The age old issue of having the removal sphere generating massive sp still exists. Nerf the sp gen grim, then release a unit that by far outstretches it's potential, and on turn 1 = not learning from past mistakes.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 am

Jewel of the Deep Sea is OP because Faytis is powerful.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:39 pm

fargone wrote:

Agreed 100%

If this can not be addressed it will completely transform the game and possibly drive some sphere out of competitive use.

The age old issue of having the removal sphere generating massive sp still exists. Nerf the sp gen grim, then release a unit that by far outstretches it's potential, and on turn 1 = not learning from past mistakes.

Ehhh...is this why Lawt can't have good SP gen either? Falkow's pretty much a joke now. If your opponent doesn't start off with level 2s, you wind up looking sort of silly. That said, because there's no good gowen level 1 to dodge shade, Gowen more or less has to resign itself to getting stuffed by Falkow or stuffed by Lawtia. That said, what exactly does Falkow have going for it that makes the jewel opening so powerful? Serpent's decent, WK can't use that open (probably the best standalone Falkow file atm), possibly wyverns but Faytis seems a bit overkill when you can recycle lightning wyvern with brood.

I mean it just seems that jewel has the potential to be hideously good, but the Falkow sphere as a whole just doesn't have the meta-worthy strategies to really back it up.
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Well Jewel is basically just a variant of MD defective, who has been around for ages. I still don't understand the complaint against it. I mean all it allows you to do is active your first soul slightly sooner than before. All it allows you to do is play a level 4 unit 1 turn sooner, which, as Call mentioned, that one Refess grim already allows you to do as well. I think MD defective does the same thing as well.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau