Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

Postby fargone » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I'm just saying that if you want to make an OP claim, it needs to be specific and clear. Jewel does NOT give any SP advantage. Jewel does not independently give any SP advantage at all. Also the argument, "X is good verse Y" is not a very good argument either. This is a card game. You make enough cards you will have plenty of cards that are super good verse certain things. That doesn't make it OP.

Why can't we all be honest here. Not many people here respect your opinion - that is your own fault.

I don't see why people need to justify to you and you alone claims of this card needing some work. Who do you think you are to define what is OP and what is not? I am sure I even read another on the testing team state some understanding.

As it is, you go back on your arguments and have no solid basis for most of your posts - of which there are thousands. It seems you are the only person who disagrees, so why not try something unusual like sitting back and just shutting your mouth? This thread would have run out of wind a long time ago if your own endless supply wasn't involved.

Anyone would have thought these people with genuine concerns were directing them at you. Let me tell you a secret:

They aren't.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Dave, your angry and belligerent rants are really getting old and only disrupt what was actually a pretty good discussion about whether this card is OP or not. You're doing that thing where instead of adding to an intellectual conversation, you just go around insulting the integrity of people who have a view different that yours.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't see him right now centering the discussion around himself.

His posts in this thread are just random filler arguments. They could as well not even be there.
It's probably his postcount he cares about.

But you fargone are helping him feel more important.
Just ignore him if his posts are useless.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm

The thread is about a card being OP, or not. I'm asking people making the OP claim to specify what the exact argument for the card being OP is. It's pretty simple.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:09 pm

There are specifics since post 1, so stop pretending.

Now you start being more specific about what your posts are even about.
There is no substance of argument to them.

You could just as well write:
+1 post

Then hit submit. It wouldn't make difference.

So start either debating details or just type '+1 post'.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:19 pm

So then what is the specific argument for it being overpowered?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Where is your specific counterargument.

I was worried for a moment you'd think i want you to stop doing "+1 post" posts. I don't really mind to be honest.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Ignoring everything else in the topic: how do you pull up a counter argument when an argument had not been made?
LoneKnight

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 am

Sigh...

I can only assume you guys have not just ignored the recent posts, but the entire thread.

What is the argument that Jewel of the Deep Sea is imbalanced?

For those who have trouble with comprehension, I will put the issue into simple words and in one sentence:

"The extra sp generated on turn 2 by this unit creates an early game situation that many files can simply not recover from."

Gonfreeces, you have been an advocate of the "sp wins games" theory for a very long time. I find it difficult to believe you can't see the crazy potential for a super sp advantage early game. I acknowledge that this card has a counter. The counter has also been called into question in regards to the impact they have early game - I am speaking of course, about tidal wave.

If a situation's only counter is

1) likely to be in the same file, and
2) very limited in scope, then

you are creating a bottleneck situation in the file creation process. This translates to less variety in folrart.

I therefore put to you that this unit is not balanced.

I hope this is clear enough, I really can't make it much clearer without pictures and diagrams... and no, I'm not going there.

PS:

Well done on getting me more involved. I try to stay out of these arguments as I do believe without logress they are pointless. Apparently, I have too much time on my hands.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:25 am

You do have too much time.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau