Card buffs to promote good card art!

User suggestions to improve the game

Card buffs to promote good card art!

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Look a bit through the card list and you'll notice very soon cards that have really awesome card art such as Estoma, but never see play.

I mean this game's appeal also comes a lot from the card art, which means that card art like Gardia's would greatly improve the environment if it was played more often, as opposed to not at all.
I am not trying to say that fugly cards like folfernac are justified to be bad, but great art needs to be encourage to put on display more often. When was the last time people seen Bounty Hunter / Elena? Some don't know it even exists!

There are players that have been here for a while and sometimes when i randomly mention a card such as noirweden / bander, they're like "huh? wtf is that?"
You might disagree that Roar of Courage / Brave has great art, but when players need 5-7 guesses to find out who that is, you notice there's something wrong!

Variety creates appeal and decreases the time it takes for one to get accustomed and eventually bored.

Think about it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Card buffs to promote good card art!

Postby Pikeru » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with these sentiments, aesthetics are very important and just 1 more reason to buff unused cards. However, that's not inherently enough to help cards see play. We also require a diverse metagame, which requires balancing severely overused cards into line with commonly used cards. There's nothing wrong with the existence of staples, but they shouldn't be allowed to overshadow every other option entirely.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Re: Card buffs to promote good card art!

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:01 pm

I use bounty Hunter elena as soul skill often. Very often.
Callonia

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau