Tracking metrics

User suggestions to improve the game

Tracking metrics

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:16 pm

We'll be using Google's big data analyitic tools a little ways down the road for tracking card stats.

What type of stats would everyone like to see?

This can be anything - from "most used with," to "win % of decks using this" to something specific such as "usually used on turn x on files with a median cost of y."
Yes, we plan on letting you sort or filter by these stats, too.
MysteryMan

Re: Tracking metrics

Postby sunbunman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Ooh this looks fun,

can i get the average win % with files using:

Augment Doll
Geissoul
New Miffyre
New Verlaat
Phoenix Chick
Jewel of the Deep Sea
Reia
Aria
Frostbow Archer
Bringer
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Card usage and RP data. Although, the general population is so insane and bitterly biased they will assume you are lying or rigging the data. Public knowledge of information would be very enlightening, I think.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 pm

What i would look at if i had the chance would be the following, sort of:

The full list of cards with first of all, number of times it is actually owned by someone, so i can better know how much the other statistics even matter.
Then most important stats would be for me:
- number of wins / draw / loss when that cards was played
- number of wins / draw / loss when that cards was merely in the deck (this will sort of show it was either not needed or there wasn't time to play it or it simply was too hard to get it into play)
- win percentage for played cards
- number of times a card has been used
- use-percentage compared to other cards (or overall usage if that's what you like to call it)
- highest win streak as well as highest loose streak (this one really matters to me)

- average game length for each card (which should also show average game length for wins and looses separately)

Also some sort of table that shows what cards have generally been used at what game length! (also possibility to filter by wins and looses)

And last but not least it would be very helpful to have somewhere in the table the total stat-point info of each cards (well this exclude spell cards obviously).
Total stat points are generally the same for every card of the same level, but some cards have lower stat points and yet they are still very good and useful due to their skills. I believe this detail will greatly help.

Stat point value formula:
10 hp = 10 at = 5 df = 1 agi = 1 rng = 1 point

Generally levels have these point values:
level 1 : 8 points
level 2 : 10 points
level 3 : 12 points
levle 4 : 14 points
level 5 : 16 points
level 6 : 18 points
level 7 : around 20~22 points
level 8 & 9 : remain blurry

Of course this also shows if a card has it's stats properly distributed or if the card is just another Elite Folrart Dual Wielder.
Sure stats aren't everything so in case of folrart dual wielder one would see it needs better or different skills.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Savin877 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:05 pm

We're still going to use RP as a metric in this game? Christ.

I suppose any other stat would be wonderful to see regardless of what it is. I'm on board for anything.
Savin877

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:- highest win streak as well as highest loose streak (this one really matters to me)

While I can see use in the other things you mentioned I don't understand why this one would matter. It's just one of those fun facts that doesn't matter for judging a card (though it can be added as an extra). Streaks are for a large part about luck, the number of wins / draw / loss seems far more useful to know.

It'd also be useful to search for joint stats of cards. It could be helpful if you want to see the scores for some kind of file or combo, e.g. seeing stats for MD augment + sumar & felena or MD augment + augmented soldier + Gaiasoul could give the viability of MD augment in more specific files like augment without adding clutter statistics from people using generic lawtia rushes with MD augment as early game unit or for overdose spamming.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:25 pm

- A deck with a high streak will often have to rely on all of it's cards!
- A deck with a high loose streak might be related to bad usage of a card or a card just being bad or the deck itself being a pile of rubbish.

Those sort of streaks also say a lot of the way the card was used by an iczer. Imagine the new Verlaat having a loose streak of 10. What would that say about the other statistics he has? The win loose ratio would be looked at with a bit more caution for sure.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Or super camping people he can beat up with his op cards.
Callonia

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Previous wins of the file in use. Previous losses of the file in use. Level of the winning iczer. Level of the losing iczer. Amount winning iczer spent. Amount losing iczer spent. When who won with what.

Some of the questions to ask:

"Is this a broken card, or is this an experienced iczer?"
"Is this an independently broken strategy, or is everyone just copying some successful iczer?"
"Is this just a few iczers winning, or any iczer and his cat?"
"Is there something that this potentially broken card consistently loses to?"
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 pm

I forgot Underdog filter. Please Mr Goblin add Underdog filter!
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau