Phoenix Chick still needs a nerf :p

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Phoenix Chick still needs a nerf :p

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Lots of matchups you die horribly with or without pheonix chick.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Wait, how the **** is Phoenix hick weak vs bigs? You hit it, it uses skill and opponent loses 1 sp while you lose 30 hp. It only matters vs rushes when you're way beyond the sp capacity of your file due to chick stalling and you have 4000 sp and nothing to spend it on.
Icyman2

Postby AquasFire3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 pm

if havent faced 30/30 phionex chick you have nothing to complain about lol
AquasFire3

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:47 pm

AquasFire3 wrote:if havent faced 30/30 phionex chick you have nothing to complain about lol

And now chick has attack and defense reset on close. I think the problem ppl have with chick post nerf and vet pally is that they force you to think.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Stop relying on the one-card mentality? Try playing big red vs. mid ref. My guess is that you will die horribly.

I still believe the real issue is silly miffere.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AquasFire3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:14 pm

oh defense and attack reset on close now thank goodness XD
AquasFire3

Postby Pikeru » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:Then what about the fact that Phoenix chick more or less autowins vs big red or anyone else that depends on huge damage from one unit?

"Because X is strong against Y, it needs to be errata'd"

If that were true half the cards in the game would be nerfed.

Very good point. Problem is it doesn't apply here. Rather it should be X is strong against A,B,C,D,E,F and G as it's not 1 card vs. another, but 1 card vs. an entire series of different cards. I'm not judging whether Chick is still too strong or not, it just bothers me when I see incorrect analysis' such as this one.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 am

Pikeru wrote:Very good point. Problem is it doesn't apply here. Rather it should be X is strong against A,B,C,D,E,F and G as it's not 1 card vs. another, but 1 card vs. an entire series of different cards. I'm not judging whether Chick is still too strong or not, it just bothers me when I see incorrect analysis' such as this one.

I was responding to demongods point that pheonix chick wrecks big red. If I said that Star Dragon is too strong verse rush files with low HP and defense (dolls, mermaids, WK, etc.) that does not mean that star dragon is overpowered and needs errata.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby InfernityFan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 am

Icyman2 wrote:And now chick has attack and defense reset on close. I think the problem ppl have with chick post nerf and vet pally is that they force you to think.

I'm pretty sure the AT reset has always been there before.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 am

GonzoCarl wrote:I was responding to demongods point that pheonix chick wrecks big red. If I said that Star Dragon is too strong verse rush files with low HP and defense (dolls, mermaids, WK, etc.) that does not mean that star dragon is overpowered and needs errata.

Know what's funny? Star dragon doesn't need an errata, but know what the past couple of erratas did do?

Made WK and dolls weaker vs. star dragon when you just cited on an offhand example that Star Dragon was OP vs. files with low HP and DF. Think WK vs. starmander would be more playable for WK with a 60 HP elite fencer? Uh huh. Think Urgrant wouldn't get run over so easily by level 3s with a 60 HP elite to stand next to him? Yep. Think WK would fare (just slightly) better vs. big/mid red to make the match worth playing? Uh huh.

Now, moving onto dolls: oh hey look, overdose + MD augment had a really good chance to wallop that blasted dragon for 100 to the face, so the next doll that sneezed on it aside from a base violet would kill it. Oh hey, not anymore! How do you bring balance? By making a bad matchup worse to discourage a card's use.

Now, back to Phoenix chick:

The problem is that this damn bird can stall for freaking ever. Against Guardian, against Veteran boring Paladin, if Bringer said "you're dead" and smacked them with a slaying strike, they were dead. Dead as a doornail. Now? Oh hey look, wall-off-forever.

I mean okay, look, if we can't have lvl = 7 on it, then how about this:

Close skill, add conditions:
HP > -40 and max HP > 0. A bit convoluted, and odds are, it won't happen most of the time, but this should remove a few frustrating edge cases.
AqvasFire2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau