User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Phoenix Chick still needs a nerf :p

Postby gadu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:55 am

I have three Hands of God, and none of them worked on Phoenix Chick! :shock:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby ErnnLaties » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 am

the problem right now is that refess has too OP sp gen mech with that level 4 SK leader open, and also new Miff... the only way to counter phoenix chick would have been sp issues in refess, but chick is way too sp efficient, and you can now play unit after unit with new refess sp gen. :p

need to make the close skill cost something or the field wipe cost more.
ErnnLaties

Postby methebest » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 am

ErnnLaties wrote:the problem right now is that refess has too OP sp gen mech with that level 4 SK leader open, and also new Miff... the only way to counter phoenix chick would have been sp issues in refess, but chick is way too sp efficient, and you can now play unit after unit with new refess sp gen. :p

considering the close skill is better than zugs it should cost 2 sp.

hell it'd be better just giving it zugs close skill and give it the stats it gets after its close skill but at level 5 or something
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm

methebest wrote:
ErnnLaties wrote:the problem right now is that refess has too OP sp gen mech with that level 4 SK leader open, and also new Miff... the only way to counter phoenix chick would have been sp issues in refess, but chick is way too sp efficient, and you can now play unit after unit with new refess sp gen. :p

considering the close skill is better than zugs it should cost 2 sp.

hell it'd be better just giving it zugs close skill and give it the stats it gets after its close skill but at level 5 or something

Excellent point. If the revive is free, why is it not sending a copy to graveyard? I can see the stat change element of the skill, which is nice, but I don't feel it balances the revive.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm

So is the problem phoenix chick or some other unit?
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Romdeau wrote:

So is the problem phoenix chick or some other unit?

Is it so hard to understand? Nerf chick coz miff too op op op. :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm biased towards Phoenix Chick since I use it, so take that into consideration.

I would not change the SP costs at all since in its current state Phoenix Chick is a midgame unit. It has low attack power and can hit all units on the enemy field, perfect for low HP support units like Safiria or Song Sorceress. Increasing SP costs would push it towards late game and that 30 damage to all wouldn't do much. Units like Zuga and Zangadylan can get away with having closing skills with SP costs since they have the power to fight back. PC doesn't have that.

In addition, increasing SP costs for Chick would make SP generation mandatory. As it stands now, to use Phoenix Chick's ability, you'd have to spend 1 SP per turn to use it, slowing down your buildup progress. If it were bumped up to either a 2/0 split or 1/1 split between the close and action skills, there would be no gain of SP per turn and you'd be allowing the opponent to build up while you flounder around with the Chick.

The only reasonable change I see is discarding a copy of Phoenix Chick from the file upon close like Hell Smoke or Revenant do. That way, it's not an infinite tank vs some decks and still allows Refess to build up while slowing the opponent's progress.

I'll likely have more to say about P chick in a couple of days since I'm currently playing a P Chick file and it's doing really well. Right now I want to see if it's P Chick that's doing the work or other cards in the file.
shadowsketch

Postby Callonia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

People is angry they ran into excellent tank that they can't push down or jump over. A tank that actually requires thinking to get rid of. Unlike Rubens, which removes itself from field lol.

People also qq'd about Folrart Guardian back in the day which is considered not a tank anymore because they can push it down or jump over it easily.

Its hilarious reading all the qq.

Oh gods forbid that folrart arena grow in variety so meta spammers can't just design their limited 30 cards to beat everyone they face.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Refess is supposed to be a somewhat tanky sphere. Phoenix chick makes sense in it as it is.

Just swarm it and it will be doomed. Also with 30 AT that gets resets after close you can keep resting your big unit and should at least be capable to obtain a draw. Things like OP dilate are actually refess stuff, but whatever, let's ignore him for now.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 am

This is why DG's arguments is invalid.

The very cards that he berate as totally useless and pointless is still very op as hell. oh snap it just proves my point further that he wants to be babied his way through alteil.

Yawn, just try to stay awake and take a gander at the screenshots couple of it. Doesn't take long I promise you DG. don't worry I know you don't read stuff like Fairy Dance grimiores so you don't even realize it can work on other units that isn't pixies. Trust me, pay attention.

Wait what, I see BKR on field and she haz silver star with Dilate as tank. Zomg. BKR abuse still viable, and bkr been on field for liek 3-4 turns already therefore negating any base +10 def on refess units and any more after that is just bonus damage.

oh ****, now jerk **** shows up on field.

And next turn an pixy aquamancer shows up and hits Dilate with +10 atk making his dilate the onani master at 40 attack.

GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER MAN !

Dilate noob slashes the front row for over 80 damage oneshotting any tanks because tanks is easy to push through and jump over like working as intended by Logress.

Jerk **** shooting two units for over 50 damage at this point while ignoring defense.

And BKR oneshotting any tank on field for 80 damage already.

Means, Refess need to have like 5 units on minimum by this point that can take at least one hit just to strike back, guess what there's nothing in solar kingdom.

Cuz that's counting dilate and jerk and bkr oneshotting at minimum of 4 units on field.

I'm sorry I have to teach DG how noob he is.

Mid gowen still imba moar nurfs plz. DG just too much of a scrub, he needs help from other people to teach him how to play. Then he just play op units in same order again and again while camping people that he knows that he can win against.

edit: now i'm depressed and bored again. Time for me to duel on the forums as usual instead of playing any file against bkr/dilate/jerk spam. Which is just an autowin for bkr abusers. I don't know, maybe i should just play jp alteil again. Because $20 that i spent on hyper rare up lotto is likely the last dollar i'll ever spend on alteil us if the trend continues.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau