Ban gon already

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ban gon already

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I'm controversial what can I say?

I don't think spears was ever a great moderator, though. He allowed personal feelings to get in the way of doing his job in the past. Specifically, he publicly embarrassed a TW player that he did not like who was expressing something he was upset about. I called Spears out and said that it is not appropriate to do that to players. I spoke with the TW player at a later point and apologized for the awful way he was treated. He said he was used to dealing with prejudice, but that he never expected to be treated that way by forum moderators. Anyway, spears tried to permaban me for calling his behavior into question. That lasted like a day then someone undid it. IDK who.

Dunno what to make of that spears TW thingy (which is offtopic), but i'd ban you for sounding the way you sound in the post ... gon the bloody gracious. Get banned, stay banned, everyone's happy.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote: Get banned, stay banned, everyone's happy.

U know that applies to DG who is committing an ban evasion right now?
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Deciding to ban someone because they have opinions that are different? GLHF.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Attitude based ban. You're quite deserving.

But to be fair if spears really did that, he should be banned right now. I mean breaking rules as a mod is a big no no. Well whatever moderation always sucked around here.
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:38 pm

You can't ban people based on some people disliking a person's attitude.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyglare » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 am

Romdeau wrote:Do you even lift?

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Spears » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I'm controversial what can I say?

I don't think spears was ever a great moderator, though. He allowed personal feelings to get in the way of doing his job in the past. Specifically, he publicly embarrassed a TW player that he did not like who was expressing something he was upset about. I called Spears out and said that it is not appropriate to do that to players. I spoke with the TW player at a later point and apologized for the awful way he was treated. He said he was used to dealing with prejudice, but that he never expected to be treated that way by forum moderators. Anyway, spears tried to permaban me for calling his behavior into question. That lasted like a day then someone undid it. IDK who.

This is both false and missing the fact the tw thread was made in the annoucments forum, hence the lock.

1.I was not the one to ban you for your behaviour over that incident.

2. I had no problem with the tw guy, i made an assumption that the language barrier may have been the cause of him placing his thread in the annoucments forum so i locked his thread to allow him to copy his text out rather than simply deleting it which would have been standard practice.

In fact i was aware of my dislike for you and decided to cut you some slack on many occasions to avoid said feelings clouding my judgement.

As for banning someone for a difference in opinion

The only time someone has been banned for a difference of opinion is this;
In their opinion their behaviour is acceptable.
In my opinion it is not.

Nobody has been banned for saying that card x is better than card y, both you and dg (now seemingly much improved) proved incapable of seeing that it is not your opinion of the cards that is at fault but your ability to voice said opinion in a appropriate manner.

It should be fairly apparent from the venom pointed towards you in the forum that your posting habits i tried to get you to curb are seen as inapropriate by more than just myself. Your refusal to accept this politely or via banning is what made me realise that the current forum enforcement would not be enough to stop the forums descending into a pit of vitriol being churned up by a few key players.

These forums have acquired too many poisonous veteran users, whilst we all remain we will be turning people away from this game. There was a thread recently lammenting new users not getting information from the forums, but who can blame them for not wanting to carve through all the pointless cyclical bickering to find some information.
Forum use needs to be tied into game accounts, obviously the power to impact your accounts should not be in the hands of community moderators but whilst the response to being banned is "lol, better make an alt" these forums will continue to do more harm than good.
Spears

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 am

If tied with game accounts, then there need be proper mods.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau