What is needed all around?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: What is needed all around?

Postby Anima13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 am

I was just wondering today, why dont we have return soul skills a la sin? (return target friendly unit, then return target disengaged enemy unit) would that be op?
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 am

Not when compared to other removals.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby harvest4god » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 am

Anima13 wrote:I was just wondering today, why dont we have return soul skills a la sin? (return target friendly unit, then return target disengaged enemy unit) would that be op?

pretty much be the same as sin as a ss. I don't think it would be op, same ways to dodge it.
harvest4god

Postby angelspawns » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 am

"Molder of Destinies"
Sphere: Falkow
Level: 3
HP: 30
AT: 20
DEF: 0
AGI: 5
RNG: 2
Primary Subtype: Wizard Kingdom
Secondary Subtype: Strategist
Skills:
Start Skill (0SP) = All units get Agi reset to their base values.
Action Skill (0SP) = Switch Agi with Target friendly unit.
Action Skill (1SP) = Friendly unit gets Agi= (5- nr of times this Skill is repeated). This skill repeats itself for each friendly unit on your field. Engage this unit untill end next turn.

This unit determines the order on your field. Give out Agi= 5 to one unit freely, or distribute Agi= 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for 2 turns. (untill she disengages and resets everything to base value)

The initional idea came from thinking how agi manipulation would look without the aid of return mechanics. So to say in its "strongest form". The unit was called "Carrier of Fates", determing the Agi order on enemy field instead. But with both mechanics in Falkow it would powercreep beyond repair.
angelspawns

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

angelspawns wrote:"Molder of Destinies"
Sphere: Falkow
Level: 3
HP: 30
AT: 20
DEF: 0
AGI: 5
RNG: 2
Primary Subtype: Wizard Kingdom
Secondary Subtype: Strategist
Skills:
Start Skill (0SP) = All units get Agi reset to their base values.
Action Skill (0SP) = Switch Agi with Target friendly unit.
Action Skill (1SP) = Friendly unit gets Agi= (5- nr of times this Skill is repeated). This skill repeats itself for each friendly unit on your field. Engage this unit untill end next turn.

This unit determines the order on your field. Give out Agi= 5 to one unit freely, or distribute Agi= 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for 2 turns. (untill she disengages and resets everything to base value)

The initional idea came from thinking how agi manipulation would look without the aid of return mechanics. So to say in its "strongest form". The unit was called "Carrier of Fates", determing the Agi order on enemy field instead. But with both mechanics in Falkow it would powercreep beyond repair.

I don't like to say this but there is in my opinion 0 utility for this unit in both a world with and without return. Why ?
a, emana, spirits and even ariete outclass this unit in terms of survival and sp efficience
b, if there are more then 1 unit whoose agi has to be maniuplated on the field, falkow already lost the game 3-4 turns before
c, agi manipulation with the chance to last more then a turn has 0 utility when I plan my steps with the knowlegde my units can be closed every turn
d, 30 hp units (even 40) post lvl2 are extreme difficult to run for obvious survival issues which easily transfer in an sp lock/ out fielding. for this risk in exchange they need to provide benefits which in case of falkow means significant contribution to win the sp game. falkow sphere is full of units which do not meet this requirement and thus absolutly ignored for good reason.
e, the unit mess up any openskill manipulation from friendly site (analogy: lawtia unit denying drain of sp on both sites), it interferes with any unidine/slyph and gives the agimanipulation in the hand of my opponent who decides to target this unit or not. really this unit put a shame on russel messing up falkows agi manipulation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new thing: in this case a very simple soulskill:
Engage one enemy unit until the end of next turn. Rival Iczer gets one less SP at the beginning of next turn. (emana soul à la gafc)

for field oriented lawtia files and sp control files.
Anima13

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 am

What the hell Anima?
You still not satisfied with all of those SP drain selection that we already have?
I'm pretty sure ideally guaranteed SP drain should be priced higher than SP gain.
You want to add guaranteed SP drain with Half of Rasam SS?!
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Callonia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 am

CainHyde wrote:What the hell Anima?
You still not satisfied with all of those SP drain selection that we already have?
I'm pretty sure ideally guaranteed SP drain should be priced higher than SP gain.

He's a falkow player. It should be obvious he will always want more sp drain while enjoying 3 spt with owl sage.

Just playing in folrart arena is a major headache for me lately and it just keeps on getting worse, failing to iczer into ex cudgel ss and having it wipe my field. I am getting more and more worse lately and i don't understand why.

Alteil used to be fun, not anymore.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:10 am

You know anima, we were thinking about that idea.

And then we decided it would be one the most disgustingly overpowered souls in the game so we decided to turn it into new Fellana's SS.
Romdeau

Postby Anima13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 am

CainHyde wrote:What the hell Anima?

I don't say I like sp drain. Nor do I say that we don't have enough sp drain in game. Nor that this soul I describe is not ridiculus. Yes it is.

I say there is a certain set of cards in game which dont find good utility, cause there is no good soul that would support the play type they require.

Yes its annoying when getting hitten by gafc, but I also cannot get around the notion that aggressive lawtia files would never be competetive without such a soul.
Yes its annoying when getting hitten by rasam, but I also cannot get around the notion that field oriented decks are dying to standalone sheningans and insane dmg without a stalling soul that gives them time to build their field.

Callonia wrote:He's a falkow player. It should be obvious he will always want more sp drain while enjoying 3 spt with owl sage.

Just playing in folrart arena is a major headache for me lately and it just keeps on getting worse, failing to iczer into ex cudgel ss and having it wipe my field. I am getting more and more worse lately and i don't understand why.

Alteil used to be fun, not anymore.

I think you dont get it: this is not a falkow soul. this is a lawtia soul. It wouldnt help any of my falkow files because i need sp for building a field (thus emmana is better for stalling in falkow, though 2/3sp+ is still unbeaten) and if i want to take the drain route there is gafc and violet.
gafc is better for that cause it helps me to gain a field position even if it will unleash my opponents soul on my field.
violet is dodgable but balances the squishiness on my units.

BUT there is a set of lawtia cards which are squishy and made for sp drain/perform well in low sp environment, and an other set of lawtia cards which are clearly field oriented(good they could maybe take the sp gen route). They need protection from enemy field and sp drain. I don't see a soul that could support this game play well at all.

Reading now Roms post: I understand and accept that decision (see also above). Its a sad day for lawtia sp lockdown.
Anima13

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Some file might need engage and guaranteed SP drain.
But releasing combination from (IMO) 2 of the most popular and hated SS aka Gafc and Rasam in one SS with no drawback/potential to be nullified is crazy.
If somehow that soul released, everyone and their dog would use that SS.

Why would most people use a powerful card only if they play weak file, when they could use it with other file that more easy win/hard to counter?

- I saw (IMO) several silly Refess player using Gafc SS instead SP SS.
- I saw file multi sphere into Falkow just for Return mechanics.
- I saw several non Lawtia file using Proxy just for Gaiessoul open.
- I saw some guy recommending packing some Salamander in Lawtia or Refess file.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau