Ex Merm is OP

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ex Merm is OP

Postby Icyglare » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Pikeru wrote:This is the exact kind of complacency and non-forward thinking that leads to staleness and herd mentality. The American Revolution would've never happened if George Washington told himself this line. That comparison may be overly extreme, but the thought process is identical.

Are you seriously going to compare this to the American Revolution? I heard the Red Coats likes Dion Control files.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 pm

I'll spare the diatribe on anti-fun mechanics and how Falkow at its purest embodies them. But in any case, I think EX mermaid is fine. Simply, she's good at her job, which is to be a unit that your opponent has to bend over backwards to take down, but doesn't really do much harm herself. And honestly, it's always the Refess players whining the loudest when *any* other sphere gets a unit that's exceptional for the sphere, but not for Refess.

Falkow: Elite Fencer, old Emana (60 HP version), now EX merm.
Gowen: Rhino, old Dilate.
Lawtia: Refess sort of has had Lawtia's number forever, hence not much moaning over EXCak (which nevertheless still got nerfed) and Broken Virus.

And honestly, I say that the whiners can go eat a blueberry muffin. I'm sorry, but Refess does not and should not have a monopoly on units that make your opponent press "rest" instead of "attack". We're 11 sets into the game and only going to get more cards. At some point, we're going to have exceptions to the rule. Refess was supposed to be the faction of "slow, weak attack, but tough" units. Yet now, the best Refess metas are the ones that break that rule. Buncles at their slowest are agi 3, for their generals. At their fastest? 6 (diamond buncle buffing off of jade, agate, or amethyst). Shrine Knights? Judie/Verlaat?

IMO this whining is much ado over nothing--just the usual Refess players being butthurt that some other faction actually has a tank that doesn't just get rolled over--and worst of all, it's *Falkow*, who has the very bane of Refess's existence--returns and DIONDORA (oh noes!).

And considering how many other tanks the balancing team has nerfed, I say for once, make the right move, don't be dumb, don't listen to the whiners, and let the exceptions persist. Refess shouldn't have a monopoly on tanks.
AqvasFire2

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:And honestly, I say that the whiners can go eat a blueberry muffin. I'm sorry, but Refess does not and should not have a monopoly on units that make your opponent press "rest" instead of "attack". We're 11 sets into the game and only going to get more cards. At some point, we're going to have exceptions to the rule.

K give Refess more Grimbaners.

If you say no you're a hypocrite, if you say yes I win.

Either way you lose.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 pm

GOSCAR wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:And honestly, I say that the whiners can go eat a blueberry muffin. I'm sorry, but Refess does not and should not have a monopoly on units that make your opponent press "rest" instead of "attack". We're 11 sets into the game and only going to get more cards. At some point, we're going to have exceptions to the rule.

K give Refess more Grimbaners.

If you say no you're a hypocrite, if you say yes I win.

Either way you lose.

Okay let's say I put a 2 SP grimbane on folrart spear knight that deals damage to a random column of enemy units and grimbanes. Would you be happy then?
AqvasFire2

Postby AngelicDeath » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Goscar,

Not to totally detract fromyour comment which is accurate about grim baning but refess has 1 of the best grim baners in the game. Perhaps second only to sumer fellana card. Ref cits has been on ud list i think 1 time. A lv 1 0 sp reviver who will most likely cost their opp 3 grims ( if they have them) for 1 lp and 3 card slots. Maybe they need more units with the ability by %.

Ithink dg has a point here.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby CainHyde » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Eh... Pera is one of Refess player?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:27 pm

You tell me. I play all spheres, but have no stable deck right now or a deck that i play most, tho i want to stick to one strong deck, a very strong one.
I have carbuncles on my alt, it's strong and viable and it was the only strong competitive deck i could get in a cheap way, which is sad since i am not very fond of them, just their strength. At least i could grow fond of gowen offensive opens and hope set 12 brings me a really strong tripple headed dragon with super strong openskill. @_@

I agree with all these nerfs tho:
Lawtia: Refess sort of has had Lawtia's number forever, hence not much moaning over EXCak (which nevertheless still got nerfed) and Broken Virus.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I agree with all these nerfs tho:

Pera:

Seriously. Every sphere needs some sort of excellent tank so that it can set up strategies that need a setup. Refess shouldn't be the only sphere that should be allowed to set up some squishies behind a tank that makes people press the rest button. I'm sorry, but no. It's been 11 sets. For no other sphere to have even one? Are you out of your mind?
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:36 pm

All those cards nerfed and still good.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:All those cards nerfed and still good.

No, not good. With every one of those nerfs, metas died. Dilate nerf? Dilate/Ruuca gone. Rhino nerfed? Gowen Fierte gone (well also the RFA nerf was really harsh for matchups that weren't that great to begin with). Elite nerfed? WK nowhere close to its set 6 strength (2234 imortal file!).

Also, I'm talking about precedent here. You're saying that Falkow may never have a fantastic level 3 tank, simply because Dion control isn't allowed to have a good setup or it's broken (am I getting that right?). Nor should WK, for whatever reason (don't think you've given me a good one for that).

Tell me, why should no other spheres get a good tank?
AqvasFire2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau