Ex Merm is OP

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ex Merm is OP

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Tell me, why should no other spheres get a good tank?

Because not all spheres and tribes should play out exactly the same. There should be merit to different strategies.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:Tell me, why should no other spheres get a good tank?

Because not all spheres and tribes should play out exactly the same. There should be merit to different strategies.

We're not talking about playing exactly the same, and you damn well know that, Gon. Falkow has never played the same as Refess. Nor do mermaids play the same as solar kingdom. There is no perma atk buffs, none of that. It's just that finally, Falkow has a tank that makes people press the rest button or at least use SP. Which sea hunter does not do. Sure, sea hunter is tougher than the average Falkow unit to take down for the level, but he doesn't make people press rest.

Set 10 Dilate makes people press rest. He made people press rest better when his slash was only 1 SP and had 5 DF to muck up all the multiple of 10 damage units. Guardian makes people press rest. Phoenix chick makes people press rest. Veteran paladin makes people press rest. Refess by far and away still has the market dominated on units that make your opponent press "rest".

At the moment, you and pera are acting like the fat man who won't allow someone starving to even have a bite.

God forbid some other sphere makes the opponent press "rest" instead of just mindlessly attacking. We're also 11 (going on twelve) sets. For other spheres not to have a single unit that makes the opponent press rest while Refess has 3 (and counting--wait, Folrart hammer soldier--4) is a disgrace. Refess didn't have grimbane for the longest time, then suddenly got ref citizens (which I'd argue is better than any single one of Falkow's, unless you count sumerlana).

Think about it--Refess has:
Reusable unit-based removal (Aano, Catira). Albeit not as reliable as Falkow (Dio/Mystere), but nevertheless...
Attack grims, which I'd argue are only slightly worse than Gowen's.
Agility strategies to make even Falkow blush (buncles, SKs)
Units that hit for absurd numbers (Raste instant kill action, Catira, Verlaat action)
Grim bane (ref citizens, and one of the best in the game)
Grim immunity (Folrart heavy knight)
SP-reviving undeads (ashbars, Phoenix, Phoenix chick)

I think the only thing Refess may now be missing is an engage mechanic.

To say that no other sphere can have a tank that makes opponents rest while Refess has mechanics that other spheres don't come close to (survival snowballing and free unit-based reviving: Kaldrao, Elaice, Aliria, Garfath, some others I missed?) is just absurd.
AqvasFire2

Postby CainHyde » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 am

I was going to type a wall of text.
But then I remember a wise saying about don't feed the DG.

I'll just post one of post from the thread maker in page 1.
Icyman2 wrote:I am not saying it is op in mage soldiers. Holy ****. I am saying it is op for stalling in diondora files. It can take more damage than sea hunter and has attack immunity and combos with emana.
Cheap = 0 sp. Anything else and diondora gets sp advantage on you. What 0 sp open can kill ex mermaid? Allind? Yeah that's it. Cheap my **** ****.
What **** files have a setup unit with a 0 sp action skill that can actually kill ex mermaid and prevent locking? Oh there is a rare unit that does that? Let me return it.

Icyman2 wrote:I'm going to call op on this unit with emana and mermaid shield soldier before everyone starts playing diondora control. Yes it would beat lawtia rush right now.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:48 am

CainHyde wrote:I was going to type a wall of text.
But then I remember a wise saying about don't feed the DG.

I'll just post one of post from the thread maker in page 1.
Icyman2 wrote:I am not saying it is op in mage soldiers. Holy ****. I am saying it is op for stalling in diondora files. It can take more damage than sea hunter and has attack immunity and combos with emana.
Cheap = 0 sp. Anything else and diondora gets sp advantage on you. What 0 sp open can kill ex mermaid? Allind? Yeah that's it. Cheap my **** ****.
What **** files have a setup unit with a 0 sp action skill that can actually kill ex mermaid and prevent locking? Oh there is a rare unit that does that? Let me return it.

Icyman2 wrote:I'm going to call op on this unit with emana and mermaid shield soldier before everyone starts playing diondora control. Yes it would beat lawtia rush right now.

Yeah, it works. How well remains to be seen--mostly because it's a very tough file to grind with because it's so soul-crushingly not fun to play. Any game with it will basically make anyone absolutely hate the game, unless they love being an absolute **** with as much Falkow abuse as a single game will allow. I'm not sure whether it's OPOP or not, so much as so boring that watching water boil is more entertaining.
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 am

I like the part when DG forgot that dilate the op can do 100 damage slash very easily, now if Veteran Folrart Paladin could also do 100 damage slash very easily by just buffing it with a magic sword enchant then you might have a point there.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 am

Safira of Safira's Planning Bereau can engage, Aria can't engage, and Big Bertha can disengage.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:25 am

gadu wrote:Safira of Safira's Planning Bereau can engage, Aria can't engage, and Big Bertha can disengage.

I knew I was forgetting something.

Next you'll tell me that Refess has some way of reviving like Lawt's lycans--wait, it has that. And maybe it has a way of draining SP too? At least not that...yet.

Seriously, Refess whiners are ridiculous. Refess has the most options of any sphere in the game--no, they may be a step behind the sphere whose identity it is to be amazing at that stuff, but not by much. But when another sphere dares to tread on Refess's turf with things that make opponents press rest?

SOUND THE ALARMS!

Seriously, if Dilate was Refess instead of Gowen, odds are, Refess wouldn't even give him a second look.
AqvasFire2

Postby gadu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 am

Every sphere has respectable power levels, I'm just not crazy about how some cards still predominate above all others in their respective spheres. For example, Guardian is still the ultimate Refess card you can expect to see in every Refess file. Katana is in every non-rush. Return still powercreeps every non-return grim.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 am

gadu wrote:Every sphere has respectable power levels, I'm just not crazy about how some cards still predominate above all others in their respective spheres. For example, Guardian is still the ultimate Refess card you can expect to see in every Refess file. Katana is in every non-rush. Return still powercreeps every non-return grim.

Katana is in every non-rush because he's Gowen's most SP-efficient way of doing damage. Think about it--attack grims cost SP you'll never get back. Bringer's open costs precious resources and it's terribad. Katana is like Faytis (worse actually) in that he has a bomb open and then you let him die. Now it'd be interesting if he actually had 2 more agility and 20 more attack so there was a reason to keep him on the field, considering both Faytis and NWW actually have level 4 stats (NWW has level 3.5, Faytis has level 4).

And non-return grims in Falkow suck. It's not "powercreeps", it's that the other ones are simply bad. Even if Falkow had no returns, those grims wouldn't be used.
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 am

gadu wrote:Guardian is still the ultimate Refess card you can expect to see in every Refess file.

except thorned is better
gadu wrote:Katana is in every non-rush.

except in my ma
gadu wrote:Return still powercreeps every non-return grim.

except it's been here for 11 sets
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau