Wild Dogs

User suggestions to improve the game

Wild Dogs

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Need a slight change to become ready for folrart as carbuncles and SK are for example.

Black Hount should permanently debuff an enemy unit to make it a good and strong unit worthy of being played.

Shadow Hound is still subpar. EX fighter pixy is not a solution since you also need 2 levels in falkow and neither is fierce since it's character and it's level 3 and you won't re-play it so often. Solution would be perhaps another AT debuff or DF debuff on one unit with the condition that you have 2 or more wild dogs on the field.

Summoned Hound the debuff has be permanently! Not only because you need to pay 2 falkow sphere levels but also because -20 for just one turn on one single unit is just stupidly underpowered.

All these are very important and thus crucial changes to finally make the type more viable. Not sure this brings wild dogs up to standard but i think these minor steps are a first good improvement and afterwards we could see what can be done better.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Wild Dogs

Postby hexagram » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

multisphere is so easy nowadays 1 sp proxy for 2 free sp/sphere lvls. If anything it is too easy to multisphere and often there is no reason not to

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 pm

It's a huuuuuuge drawback nonetheless.

Also it's not part of good game design TO HAVE TO multisphere when you play a rush deck and every last SP counts. Not to mention returns which further drain you down on SP ... etc.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

hexagram wrote:multisphere is so easy nowadays 1 sp proxy for 2 free sp/sphere lvls. If anything it is too easy to multisphere and often there is no reason not to

harder for lawtia to splash 2 than for any other sphere
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm

What's so bad about wild dogs? Two sets ago I saw someone get 25+ wins in a row with them.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:What's so bad about wild dogs? Two sets ago I saw someone get 25+ wins in a row with them.

Verlaat open completely wrecks you because engage > focus. Among other things.
AqvasFire2

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:58 am

My wild dogs generally had an easy time with refess because BHMaster+sumer'd MD lycan outsnowballs whatever they throw at me.

I didn't even use Fierce, but you can just drop him after Verlaat to get focused again.
LoneKnight

Postby cosine » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 am

I must agree with Peralisc that some of the wild dogs need to be changed, particularly shadow hound and black hound, summoned hound to a lesser extent.

In my experience, you are usually better of just attacking with cards such as summoned hound than focusing (I wont go on about this for the sake of simplicity), and risk the card being targeted by an open skill or SS the next turn. So I think the hounds should step away from the clunky focus mechanic and focus on the theme of attack drain (or whatever you want to call it).

IMO black hound's auto skill could be changed to a start, and make it target, if that is considered to much, then at least make it drain att from something with att > 0.

Shadow hound could have its focus/action skill removed, give him 2 range (take a stat point away from elsewhere if you must) and give him an action skill:
Do damage att to one enemy unit of att = 0.

This is just of the top of my head so it could probably do with some refinement, but you get the idea.

Edit: changed one letter >.>
cosine

Postby fargone » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:What's so bad about wild dogs? Two sets ago I saw someone get 25+ wins in a row with them.

That is so relevant today!! Thank you so much for bringing so little to this discussion. Just think, if you had said nothing at all, the discussion wouldn't be any different. Where would we be then?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:14 pm

[Edited by moderator]

If a file could net 25 straight wins just a year ago means it shouldn't be in that bad shape now. If you want to explain why a file capable of that many wins is no longer relevant, I'd be glad to listen. If not, then go kill yourself, please.

I explained how wild dogs were very strong in the past, despite public opinion thinking they weren't very good. You? What did you do? Flame someone posting in the thread? Good job buddy. Thumbs up. Exemplary behavior.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau