suggestion regarding a change in return mechanic

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: suggestion regarding a change in return mechanic

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Here's an idea. How about we make synergy files auto loose and call it balanced?

And there are plenty of lv 3 files that have no synergy and you can still take a crap on them with returns.

Maybe this is a skill thing. People who play at a high level know how to beat return files. You seem to believe that it's not possible to beat falkow files with level 3 rushes. This is just not true. It might be possible that YOU yourself can't beat falkow files, but lots of players have learned how to play around and beat return files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 pm

lol

i had to beat stupid returns and friends countless times, even with narly no field
at one point you have enough of the opponent having the advantage and you having to overcome it

Also if the guy using return is a stupid noob ofcourse one can counter the counter easy. But as i said many times before in a duel with players of equal skill the return abuser should be able to beat the one who relies on synergy.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Well, no sh!t? I mean if a card is going to only work on levels 1-3 through 1-9, it better be damn good against those situations in which it works, don't you think?

As I said, it would be a lot better if the return grimoire grimlocked you for a couple of turns, but in return, you could at least return a closed unit of any level, or something of that nature.
DeeGee

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Falkow files are actually at a disadvantage verse most level 3 lawtia rushes, advantage against refess rushes, and generally neutral verse gowen rushes. So, they don't consistently have an advantage.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:16 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Falkow files are actually at a disadvantage verse most level 3 lawtia rushes, advantage against refess rushes, and generally neutral verse gowen rushes. So, they don't consistently have an advantage.

I think gowen rush has a better time vs falkow than lawtia rush, but they're both good. Mids like grimcount though is a different story.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Have you seen any good grim count that haven't been abusing that elite mage knight ss? My experience with them is that if you T3 drop Faytis you usually win. If you play Mirelia turn 3 you lose more often then you win. The more you use unlock bandault the more you lose. The "infinite card recursion" of that level 4 girl sounds great but is pretty mediocre in practice.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Pikeru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:58 pm

DeeGee wrote:Well, no sh!t? I mean if a card is going to only work on levels 1-3 through 1-9, it better be damn good against those situations in which it works, don't you think?

As I said, it would be a lot better if the return grimoire grimlocked you for a couple of turns, but in return, you could at least return a closed unit of any level, or something of that nature.

If this were to happen, they may as well change Fire Arrow to this: Target unit gets HP=0, send 2 copies of that creature from your opponent's file to the grave.

^Return would still be stronger cause it doesn't refund the sp given. Stop your trolling DG, we want the game to be more balanced. Creating new variations on Yata Garasu and Chanel+Fireball sure as hell isn't gonna accomplish that. I'm gonna repeat myself again, there's nothing balanced with a card that's equivalent to 3 Fire Arrows+Bitter Destiny the way Return and Assassin are.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Pikeru wrote:I'm gonna repeat myself again, there's nothing balanced with a card that's equivalent to 3 Fire Arrows+Bitter Destiny the way Return and Assassin are.

Real?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Pikeru wrote:
DeeGee wrote:Well, no sh!t? I mean if a card is going to only work on levels 1-3 through 1-9, it better be damn good against those situations in which it works, don't you think?

If this were to happen, they may as well change Fire Arrow to this: Target unit gets HP=0, send 2 copies of that creature from your opponent's file to the grave.

^Return would still be stronger cause it doesn't refund the sp given. Stop your trolling DG, we want the game to be more balanced. Creating new variations on Yata Garasu and Chanel+Fireball sure as hell isn't gonna accomplish that. I'm gonna repeat myself again, there's nothing balanced with a card that's equivalent to 3 Fire Arrows+Bitter Destiny the way Return and Assassin are.

You know, I would absolutely love that version of Fire Arrow. And you're right--return is a lot stronger than Fire Arrow.

BUFF FIRE ARROW.

Thank you.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:09 pm

No idea why but return abusers never wanted a balanced version of return.

Fact is alteil favored return in op state. Good people left, return abusers remained.
And since pricing didn't change even return abusers start leaving.

It's such retardedly broken grim that infused the game with lame and boredom, that I didn't bother playing Lv 3 files at all for 8 full sets.
Right now just don't care, so I play them, but don't bother much with boring files, unless I am the one who plays returns. I like playing it because it's easy win, but lack some important falkow meta cards which are in fact impossible to get EX cards.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau