More targeted spending, less lotto

User suggestions to improve the game

More targeted spending, less lotto

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm kinda tired of the constant promoting of various lotto's, it saddens me since I envisioned something else would happen with alteils reopening. Most people aren't here to gamble, but to play a (free to play) online game, thus I'd prefer to see most of the random purchases go, to make room for true targeted spending (at affordable prices). I kinda miss the card of the week in particular, can we at least have it back please? (maybe make an automated version of it?)

I'm sorry for making a negative thread here, I feel like I've been expecting too much from the changeover and DG's post in the Auction House thread about the though of "how do we create just the right amount of pain so that freeloaders give into the sunk cost fallacy, and one instance of spending leads to another?" kinda made me wonder whether alteil will ever get away from the lotto.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Re: More targeted spending, less lotto

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Sorry you feel this way, but at this point all I can say is "be patient". We've already posted quite a bit regarding this issue and I'd suggest you look around the forums to find it and inform yourself on what Apocoplay's position is regarding this issue.
Romdeau

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Romdeau wrote:Sorry you feel this way, but at this point all I can say is "be patient". We've already posted quite a bit regarding this issue and I'd suggest you look around the forums to find it and inform yourself on what Apocoplay's position is regarding this issue.

How long do we have to be patient for? This has been an issue for years, Rom. I started playing Alteil around EX5--fall/winter of 2009. It's now three years later and the same issues (rock paper scissors no-counterplay metagame and ridiculously bad accessibility) have been with us since then. I think quite a few of us have been patient--perhaps *too* patient, by virtue of the fact that we're sticking around making suggestions which never get implemented because of either some legalese issue or because Logress is just too risk-averse to try and paradigm-shift from assuming a small playerbase to assuming a large one.
DeeGee

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah a lot of us I think used to be very excited for Alteil's future and put in a lot of time and energy to try to make this a better place and a better game.
I have personally run community tournaments, organized a community newspaper, made multiple youtube videos, made multiple guides (one that attracted over 35,000 views), spent a great deal of time working on prior sets, and organized what appears to be the only active guild. I've kind of lost hope, and I know I'm not the only veteran to feel this way. The repeated sales aimed exclusively at collectors and big spenders does nothing for people interested in actually plaything this game. The game has a lot of great features, we all know, between the art and complex gameplay. However the lack of advertising, tiny community, and huge costs seem to repeatedly drive away potential new players. I frequently wonder if this game will ever make it, and if so how?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Savin877 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm

SSDD

Nothing looks like it is going to change either which is why I have not put any support (cash) into the resurrection of this game.. Even with the changes that Logress and MM have been talking about, it doesn't look like they plan on combating the biggest one (CPC) in any way, shape, or form that their consumer base has asked in the past three years.
Savin877

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Savin877 wrote:SSDD

Nothing looks like it is going to change either which is why I have not put any support (cash) into the resurrection of this game.. Even with the changes that Logress and MM have been talking about, it doesn't look like they plan on combating the biggest one (CPC) in any way, shape, or form that their consumer base has asked in the past three years.

I'm sorry you feel this way but your statement is not true. They will be taking decisive action and are in the middle of planning it.
Romdeau

Postby hexagram » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 pm

the patient are rewarded. Leave the game for a bit check up/play every now and agsin or only a little regularly and see if anything changes.

Some players come back once a year/6 months although that is a bit extreme but then again other things are more important than any game which at the end of the day us just a game.

From the focus that some people put on such games or forums they become a part of routine and a way of life.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Carl,

I loved your post. I took offense to this part though as i don't feel it is truly applicable. "The repeated sales aimed exclusively at collectors and big spenders does nothing for people interested in actually plaything this game." Please explain to me how they helped us big spenders. There is only so much blood you can get from a turnip. The black friday lotto was great when taken in context of past sales but this current lotto looks to be running at 60% recycle rate. This Friday's launch will be at 200 usd plus for a set...... Nothing new. Maybe in the short term it is sustainable this way but myself, you, DG, Fargone and many others don't think so. The game has potential for massive growth. We need that and not "oh look Angelic,we made 7 new fancy shiny crest cards we would like to sell you for 50 usd etc etc.

Let some others be guinea pigs. I'll wait for auction house to see if that makes an impact. Shame so many of us pour our hearts and minds into this to no avail.......seems alot like marriage lol.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau