File/SS switching

User suggestions to improve the game

File/SS switching

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:35 pm

So this was an idea floating around in my head, which is sort of inspired by MtG's sideboarding, in order to cut down on "herp derp I lose" matchups. Namely that before turn 2 or 3, you have the option of changing a part of your file, such as a couple of soul skills, and some cards in the file. The SSs I'm imagining would be between 3-4, and the amount of cards in file to change I'd imagine would be 5-8.

This may sound a bit ridiculous (and I'm not sure how programmable it is), but possibly before the first SS goes off, you have the option of saying "welp, I want to change the file".

The logic is this: if you already have a good match vs. a certain file, you don't have an incentive to change your file to win more. But if you do have a bad match, you'd be able to change just enough of those cards (but not more) to give yourself a fighting chance. In other words, it's a sort of "handicap" that the worse file gets, in order to constantly insure more even and contested matches, rather than glorified rock paper scissors with the best drawn anime in a F2P game anyone's ever seen.

It would also reward matchup knowledge, to know exactly which cards you need to play which matchups, and therefore, depending on souls and file, you have a greater fighting chance.

Thoughts?
DeeGee

Re: File/SS switching

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

I would pack those fire dragon SS 50 damage to falkow field for everytime i face wiz sisses with my lvl 3 solar kingdom rushes. That would be what I'd use the sideboarding for. Might make the match up more bearable or not I don't know. But i'd be interesting to give a try.
Callonia

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Callonia wrote:I would pack those fire dragon SS 50 damage to falkow field for everytime i face wiz sisses with my lvl 3 solar kingdom rushes. That would be what I'd use the sideboarding for. Might make the match up more bearable or not I don't know. But i'd be interesting to give a try.

Yeah the sphere hate SSs would need to be changed IMO. I mean I've seen mystic talisman played by some Refess files already. Then again, you can use Chamail->Olvaus SSs to get a one-way fieldwipe against any sphere, so I'm not sure why you'd want the fire dragon.
DeeGee

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:36 pm

DeeGee wrote:
Callonia wrote:I would pack those fire dragon SS 50 damage to falkow field for everytime i face wiz sisses with my lvl 3 solar kingdom rushes. That would be what I'd use the sideboarding for. Might make the match up more bearable or not I don't know. But i'd be interesting to give a try.

Yeah the sphere hate SSs would need to be changed IMO. I mean I've seen mystic talisman played by some Refess files already. Then again, you can use Chamail->Olvaus SSs to get a one-way fieldwipe against any sphere, so I'm not sure why you'd want the fire dragon.

So its not okay for lvl 3 solar kingdom to have a fighting chance against return abuse.

And fire dragon is three time field wipe. while chamail-olvaus consumes 2 soul slots. which means you field iwpe 2 times and only have oen soul skillt o play around with.
Callonia

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau