Obsidan vs fire breath-gaia fang.

User suggestions to improve the game

Obsidan vs fire breath-gaia fang.

Postby Anima13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 pm

In mid and big gowen files there is barely room for sacrificial units like salamander and adding them is a waste of lp. Also you often can waste your attack power unnecessary on lvl1 sacrificial units like whisp, buncle, and others. To meet this issue gowen has a couple of low cost grims that kills such units like fire breath or gaia fang.
Just recently you buffed gaia fang by adding owl under its targets.
Yet a new possible target came across for these grims and I have issues to understand why it doesn’t fall under their range: Obsidian Carbuncle .
I think this card should fall under the range of these grims, especially now that you release a falkow unit like EX for this subtype(pinpoint dmg, agi control) .

My suggestion: either
A buff those 2 grims by making them ignoring def (arguably a bit too much for a lvl1 grim)
Or
B Take that 10 def away from obsidian. Considering what role this card have that defence is counter intuitive anyway.
Anima13

Re: Obsidan vs fire breath-gaia fang.

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 pm

IMO obsidian is pretty absurd in terms of what the heck it does. If you compare it to a great spirit, you get DF+10 for a turn, +10 atk permanently, and you could give it a token 10 attack and call it a card. But its close is just heinously good, and dare I say OPOP.
DeeGee

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 pm

you have a good point der
Icyman2

Postby hexagram » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:36 pm

In this environment of mini e.g overdose and massive e.g gameover field wipes revival/ close soul skills are probably needed to counter unfortunately though they can be really powerfull.

Even exploited sometimes like gameover -etoille/elaice? that set11 solar kingdom healer/sp generator on close revive/ heal. Played on same side of field so you kill opponent field and generate sp

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Why compare to obsidian?
Obsidian is greatly needed. It's one of the very few viable counters to massive amounts of damage and to little extent to field disruption.
You need a way to overcome grims and since carbuncles don't have grim bane of their own they need something to cover that weakness.

refuge citizen costs 3 deck slots which is huge for just 3 grims + bad unit stats overall, it wasn't meant as a fighter, which is what you need in your rush deck and every slot massively counts!

Breath-gaia fang isn't that great of a grim. It's random and it's sort of awkward ... wth am i supposed to do with it anyway?
It would be much better if it would target 2 units of choice. Enemy units get 20 damage when targeted, allied units get HP-1 damage when targeted.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau