Grimoire that prevent friendly unit affected by return

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Grimoire that prevent friendly unit affected by return

Postby angelspawns » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm

If you want a counter to be truely effective, it needs to happen in the Rankup phase before the open/startphase.
Units with a Rankup condition could work, but maybe there's a way to play Grimoires with a Rankup condition aswell?.. Meet certain requirements on the field/Spherelvls/whatever to have an effect in the Rankup phase. ;)

Wether Returning is balanced or not isn't even the biggest issue. When half of the Top10 suggestions in a suggestion forum are about changing/banning/countering returning, that's an undeniable sign it's not enjoyable gameplay for a large(st) group of your playerbase.

Control can be so much more enjoyable and better to the gameplay then this returning or engaging fest.
Why on earth keep more people frustrated then satisfied. Why on earth do you nerf everything around 1 mechanic even the people PLAYING it hate? I can only imagine the designteam has no idea's on how to move forward or backwards. Which is a real pitty...

Want basic ideas? Units with "Friendlies on Spot -X- get MHP/Agi/Atk/Rng/etc". "V formation (spot 2-4-6) gives bonus X. Y formation (2-5-7-9) gives bonus Z". "Unit(s) on Spot -X- get Rng=0/Engaged/Agi=0/HP-20/etc". "Closed unit on Spot 9 can't be ressed". "Do [dmg: Atk target unit] to Unit in collumn behind." "Chose a unit in 257. You get SP = Spot - Base Lvl of chosen unit". And that's fieldpositioning stuff. Don't get me started on stat switching ala Snaf/Noze! A whole world of control opens when you can reorganizing stats on a field. Clone HP, switch Def values with a stat, switch Atk between enemies, turn Rng around, go crazy?

Balance is up to testing, but coming up with mechanics that are a ton more fun then simply 'click to send away' should be damn easy. Stop hitting around the ff'in bush with OwlSage Rng or Mirelia MHP nerfs and actually start making changes?
angelspawns

Re: Grimoire that prevent friendly unit affected by return

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:01 pm

angelspawns wrote:If you want a counter to be truely effective, it needs to happen in the Rankup phase before the open/startphase.
Units with a Rankup condition could work, but maybe there's a way to play Grimoires with a Rankup condition aswell?.. Meet certain requirements on the field/Spherelvls/whatever to have an effect in the Rankup phase. ;)

Wether Returning is balanced or not isn't even the biggest issue. When half of the Top10 suggestions in a suggestion forum are about changing/banning/countering returning, that's an undeniable sign it's not enjoyable gameplay for a large(st) group of your playerbase.

Control can be so much more enjoyable and better to the gameplay then this returning or engaging fest.
Why on earth keep more people frustrated then satisfied. Why on earth do you nerf everything around 1 mechanic even the people PLAYING it hate? I can only imagine the designteam has no idea's on how to move forward or backwards. Which is a real pitty...

Want basic ideas? Units with "Friendlies on Spot -X- get MHP/Agi/Atk/Rng/etc". "V formation (spot 2-4-6) gives bonus X. Y formation (2-5-7-9) gives bonus Z". "Unit(s) on Spot -X- get Rng=0/Engaged/Agi=0/HP-20/etc". "Closed unit on Spot 9 can't be ressed". "Do [dmg: Atk target unit] to Unit in collumn behind." "Chose a unit in 257. You get SP = Spot - Base Lvl of chosen unit". And that's fieldpositioning stuff. Don't get me started on stat switching ala Snaf/Noze! A whole world of control opens when you can reorganizing stats on a field. Clone HP, switch Def values with a stat, switch Atk between enemies, turn Rng around, go crazy?

Balance is up to testing, but coming up with mechanics that are a ton more fun then simply 'click to send away' should be damn easy. Stop hitting around the ff'in bush with OwlSage Rng or Mirelia MHP nerfs and actually start making changes?

That's a good point. Balance issues aside, if people don't like the mechanic it should be changed. The thing is though, whenever I go on the forums it's usually just a handful of the same old people I see complaining about it (and profusely, so it may seem like a lot of complaints when it's really just a handful of people). Personally, it seems like I've seen people complain about nearly everything in this game while I've played in folrart. I don't have any problems with return mechanics in this game; to be honest, I actually kind of enjoy playing against them since it adds another layer of depth to the game. I do agree that it would be nice to see more mechanics included though (it's always nice to have more abilities and mechanics).

But yea, I think the best way to gauge how many people hate returns is to have a petition of sorts, and see how many people sign that. Considering it's already an established part of this game, I seriously doubt you'd get more than a few signatures (with a few select, unsurprising names attached).

Scientiafide

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau