Chaos absorption too good(editmaybenot)aka set 11 in general

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Chaos absorption too good aka set 11 in general

Postby Logress » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Hmm, the two most successful TCG's financially for a long time were Pokemon and Yugi-oh. Not sure about balance in Pokemon, but I do know all about Yugi-Oh... ugh... and they both had problems not because of sales (which were always good), but legal issues (they were so successful that the various parties working on them started suing each other for control). Magic has had to have a huge ban/limit fest right before tournament season -- to ensure there would be some kind of playable tournament season -- on many occasions, but in terms of time and energy and manpower, they put a pretty high price on balance compared to most other games. While this hasn't made them explosive successes like some other games, they have steadily built and built throughout the years and after Yugi-oh fell into the legal abyss, they were finally able to really start getting a hold of the market (only took like what, 20 years, but good for them -- they make a good game).
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby shadowsketch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 pm

I think Chaos Absorption is fine.

I believe a card should only be nerfed if it's pivotal to a file that severely limits the metagame. Chaos Absorption doesn't do that, so I'd leave it alone for now.
shadowsketch

Postby Logress » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

It basically lets you play grim-only or grim-focused for a portion of the game -- for better or worse -- allowing grims to make effecent progress against the enemy for a time.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 pm

While annoying, I don't really view this card as overpowered.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:20 pm

I used to play yugioh, after I graduated in HS i quit yugioh. Too much of a hassle when there's no central place like high school anymore.

And only deck destruction mechanic I ever saw was the one where both players discard their hands and draw new cards until they have same number of cards again.

Oh and they isn't limited by how much units you can summon in a turn either in classic. I tried out the today's yugioh--- its all about failspecialsummonsinordertokilloffallolddecksfromthepastbecausethey'reabunchoflamersandforcepeopletobuynewcardswellguesswhatbecausethejoke'sonyugiohIquitforgoodinsteadofbuyingnewcardslulzlulzlulzthatswhatheydeservefornotallowingmetosummonmorethanoneunitsaturnwhilespecialsummonlikeatardisperfectlyokayyousearchoutthecardyouneedinyourwholedeckandpullitoutandthenputitonthefieldandreshuffleitlulzbasicallyitpromoteswattehlulz.

tl;dr version: I dont' give a crap about yugioh and I don't think they are worthy of the attention anymore.

Pokemon? Maybe its good for little kids and that's it. I quit pokemon to pick up yugioh.

Then i quit yugioh to pick up mtg. MTG is most satisfying one I experienced. But again I don't duel the wussy meta grinders who must win every single duel they have in order to compensate for whatever problems they have. Never participated in tourneys, And I won't start now for MTG.

I have mixed feelings about chaos absorbtion. Its fine but, almost an autowin when you use lelein and pack 3 dalos embrace something unless it runs into a WK or something but WK is protected species so that's to be expected.
Callonia

Re: Chaos absorption too good(editmaybenot)aka set 11 in gen

Postby Ethikx » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:17 pm

There is also the running joke that Maro wants to murder MTG....

Alteil needs some kickass eldrazi if anyone wants to complain about OP.
Ethikx

Postby justtmpuser » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Logress wrote:Hmm, the two most successful TCG's financially for a long time were Pokemon and Yugi-oh. [citation needed] Not sure about balance in Pokemon, but I do know all about Yugi-Oh... ugh... and they both had problems not because of sales (which were always good)[citation needed], but legal issues (they were so successful that the various parties working on them started suing each other for control).[citation needed] Magic has had to have a huge ban/limit fest right before tournament season [citation needed] -- to ensure there would be some kind of playable tournament season -- on many occasions [citation needed], but in terms of time and energy and manpower, they put a pretty high price on balance compared to most other games. While this hasn't made them explosive successes like some other games [citation needed], they have steadily built and built throughout the years and after Yugi-oh fell into the legal abyss, they were finally able to really start getting a hold of the market [citation needed] (only took like what, 20 years, but good for them -- they make a good game).

And this ladies and gentelman is why Alteil is doomed to fail. I used to blame testers and gave Logress undeserved benefit of a doubt. Looks like he finally decided to ensure me once and for all that he's in fact retarded.
1. There is not a single number to back up your ridiculous staments about Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh financial success. Links to financial reports or GTFO.
2. Magic banned cards right before tournaments? When? In year 19NeverHappened? Other than Memory Jar I don't recall any pre-emptive ban. Ban fest? Maybe you should check publicly available facts before you made an arse out of yourself by posting easy to verify BS. Scheduled intervals are "many occasions"?
3. "While this hasn't made them [MtG] explosive successes like some other games" is one of the most retarded statements on the internet. See this: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/rec ... -card-game Also this: http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/22100.html Did you know Hasbro considers MtG one of their megabrands? Tens of billions cards printed since launch are also irrelevant I guess.
4. Magic had grown over 80% in years 2008-2011. Seems more like 3 years to me, not 20.

I'm so glad I gave up on Alteil, because with such incompetent idiots in charge this game has no chance for success. Your entire post just reeks of nonsense, statements pulled out of your arse and just blatant lies. It takes 5 minutes with Google to verify all those "facts".
On few occasions I read that balancing is based on some numbers you have, like card popularity and such. Now I'm no longer surprised with all those erratas, looks like you treat those numbers same way you treat truth: replace it with your own fan fiction.

Return is fair mechanic, Logress knows what he's doing and this game has bright future. :roll: To all who stay: have fun in game where tanks are bad because devs say so and mindless open phase spam is the way to go.
If only I could sell my account to get those few bucks back... It would literally be more beneficial to set them on fire than spend on game run by someone who has less than zero idea what he's doing.
justtmpuser

Postby Icyglare » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Everytime there's an Alteil doomsayer filling us with insight on how much this game is awful..... yet they keep coming back, can't get away huh?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Romdeau » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 pm

I suggest modifying your delivery in future posts justmmpuser if you would like to continue posting on these forums.
Romdeau

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:53 pm

I like the citation needed parts. They are very detailed. :D

And the guy states he is glad he quit alteil, but let me tell him off and warn him that he better watch his posts in the future or he might have to quit alteil forums.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau